Kings News: Kings at Dodger Stadium in 2013-2014 - Done Deal

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Wow, unexpected. It is easily possible, regardless if the ice is crappy (shouldn't be any different from any other Kings game at Staples :sarcasm: ). Didn't expect Bettman to sign off on it though. ****, I am probably going to have to drive down for this.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
i for one don't like this. The ice will most likely be crappy and I don't want our players going 100% on those kind of surface. Could end up being a very very bad day

Sydor25

LA Kings
i for one don't like this. The ice will most likely be crappy and I don't want our players going 100% on those kind of surface. Could end up being a very very bad day

Like when Kopitar hurt his leg in that outdoor game? Oh wait...

An outdoor game in LA would probably have better ice than Staples. The best of the best will be creating the ice surface.

I would definitely fly out to LA for this game.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
What do you think the over/under will be on the main boards when this news is posted before we get the typical:

"hurr durr it's gonna be 90 degrees outside. hurr durr no one will care hurr"

posts?

I say 3 posts.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
so it's not the winter classic?

No, sounds like it will be a Heritage game. There will be the Winter Classic between the Leafs and Wings, and then there will be two heritage games, one in LA and one in NY. The Kings will likely be wearing retro jerseys, depending on the opponent, likely purple and gold I would assume.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
We better get the HBO deal too. I would kill for that more then the actual outdoor game.

Kingler

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Like when Kopitar hurt his leg in that outdoor game? Oh wait...

An outdoor game in LA would probably have better ice than Staples. The best of the best will be creating the ice surface.

I would definitely fly out to LA for this game.

Exactly...

Perhaps it durable but the problem with it all is that once the ticket are sold the pressure to put on the show will be tremendous. If the ice is borderline playable, they will make the players play it

this is not...oh it doesn't look too safe...lets postpone it.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005

I said exactly this to a friend of mine today. The ice is always really bad at these outdoor games. They are just a massive money grab.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
We better get the HBO deal too. I would kill for that more then the actual outdoor game.

Sadly they probably won't, which really sucks because that is one of my favorite parts about the Winter Classic. But still happy they are playing this game, was hoping for the Rose Bowl, but Dodger Stadium is pretty iconic too.

Happy they reached a compromise, outdoor games can be in any temperature on hockey day in America, while the Winter Classic will keep it's winter charm. Everyone is happy.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
i dont know how they are going to keep the ice cold enough but i dont really care. this is awesome!! :handclap::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad