Nolan-Lewis-Frattin
Fraser

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

Quick
Scrivens

I'd bet on Pearson. Org seems pretty pissy at Vey the last couple of weeks.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The guy proved he could play in this league and will be a great back up for Quick next season.

Would not be surprised at all to see Lombardi trade him at the draft or deadline while his value is high and re-sign Scrivens. I know that this sounds a bit daft, but hear me out. Bernier was kept around as a backup for as long as he was because we did not have a starting goalie solidified. With Quick signing that contract and with Lombardi's loyalty to his players', there is no way Quick isn't the starter for the next 5+ years at least. Jones meanwhile will only dip in trade value if we allow him to sit behind Quick, just as Bernier's value did. Scrivens on the other hand is past the point in his career where he is going to be a number one, and is comfortable with being the number two guy. Furthermore, he's young and seems to fit in well with the groups of guys we've got.

At least for next season, I think Scrivens will be signed to a one year deal while Jones will get one more year of number one duties under his belt in Manchester.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I'd bet on Pearson. Org seems pretty pissy at Vey the last couple of weeks.

Agreed. With Vey's recent benchings, it might be a few weeks before he even starts getting mentioned for a chance. But who knows.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Vey was late getting back from Christmas when no one else was and was benched after a piss poor game. Quit expecting Vey. He's in Manch for the year. Pearson will be called up or no one will likely. It's not like we NEED a 3rd player to warm the press box.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Vey was late getting back from Christmas when no one else was and was benched after a piss poor game. Quit expecting Vey. He's in Manch for the year. Pearson will be called up or no one will likely. It's not like we NEED a 3rd player to warm the press box.

I doubt he's been consigned to the minors for the rest of the year. He's down now because of what happened and his effort, but if he goes back and hustles his ass, the organization will recall him. They want to win and will recall the player they feel will give them the best shot at that. You don't need to send a guy down for three months and recall lesser players to prove a point.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I doubt he's been consigned to the minors for the rest of the year. He's down now because of what happened and his effort, but if he goes back and hustles his ass, the organization will recall him. They want to win and will recall the player they feel will give them the best shot at that. You don't need to send a guy down for three months and recall lesser players to prove a point.

There's no way he's good enough RIGHT NOW to play an every day role. He showed that in his time in LA. That's why he sat out. Then he was sent down. And he's far from impressed. Until he really turns it around, he's in Manch. And I don't see that being during this season again. Its not a matter of recalling lesser players but the fact that Vey has done this to himself and now is not deserving.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
I'd be happy to see Deslauriers get a cup of coffee on the bottom lines given what a strong season he has had.

KingKopitar11*

I'd be happy to see Deslauriers get a cup of coffee on the bottom lines given what a strong season he has had.

Well maybe he can quietly be given a cup of coffee, and DL might ask him to spell intense while he's there to see if he can maybe roar it on the ice.

HolyShot*

Vey or no one.

King-Kopitar-Carter
Clifford-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Lewis-Frattin
Fraser

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

Quick
Scrivens

I love these lines. And I agree...vey should be the one called up.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
There's no way he's good enough RIGHT NOW to play an every day role. He showed that in his time in LA. That's why he sat out. Then he was sent down. And he's far from impressed. Until he really turns it around, he's in Manch. And I don't see that being during this season again. Its not a matter of recalling lesser players but the fact that Vey has done this to himself and now is not deserving.

Where did I say an everyday role?

Bottom line is right now NO ONE on Manch is getting recalled to play an everyday role. We are set as set can be unless there is a long-term injury, so anyone getting recalled is coming up for a cup of coffee. The only reason Vey seen so much time as he did was because there were several injuries and it took that long for everyone to get healthy all at once.

If we get another injury, I can easily see Vey being recalled.

And how can you not see him 'turning it around' this season? The guy played well for past few years, now after missing a flight and having a bad game he can't turn it around in the next few months? Vey's a seasoned AHL guy now, he'll be playing fine soon enough.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Where did I say an everyday role?

Bottom line is right now NO ONE on Manch is getting recalled to play an everyday role. We are set as set can be unless there is a long-term injury, so anyone getting recalled is coming up for a cup of coffee. The only reason Vey seen so much time as he did was because there were several injuries and it took that long for everyone to get healthy all at once.

If we get another injury, I can easily see Vey being recalled.

And how can you not see him 'turning it around' this season? The guy played well for past few years, now after missing a flight and having a bad game he can't turn it around in the next few months? Vey's a seasoned AHL guy now, he'll be playing fine soon enough.

Because there's no point in calling up a top prospect to have them sit. You either play them or send them where they will play. We're not a Pejorative Slur team like Buffalo.

Vey is in his third year in Manch. Yes, he can turn it around but he's pissed off management pretty well and pretty fast the last few weeks. For him to earn another call up, we'd have to see more injuries again because they're not going to call him up to be a press box warrior and he's not good enough right now to force any center out of the lineup, as shown by the fact that he was healthy scratched for Stoll and Fraser. He had 5 assists in 14 games. That's hardly lighting it up. I get that people like Vey and the idea of bringing more offense to the lineup but I just feel people aren't really assessing his play very fairly. He still has a lot to improve on.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Because there's no point in calling up a top prospect to have them sit. You either play them or send them where they will play. We're not a Pejorative Slur team like Buffalo.

Vey is in his third year in Manch. Yes, he can turn it around but he's pissed off management pretty well and pretty fast the last few weeks. For him to earn another call up, we'd have to see more injuries again because they're not going to call him up to be a press box warrior and he's not good enough right now to force any center out of the lineup, as shown by the fact that he was healthy scratched for Stoll and Fraser. He had 5 assists in 14 games. That's hardly lighting it up. I get that people like Vey and the idea of bringing more offense to the lineup but I just feel people aren't really assessing his play very fairly. He still has a lot to improve on.

Why would we recall him to sit? When have we ever done that (not counting a goalie)?

Vey was recalled because of injury the first time, he didn't sit. We wouldn't recall anyone to sit ever. Vey would get a recall in the case of someone else getting hurt. I never once implied recalling Vey just for a recall, nor has the organization ever done such a thing. They recall someone due to injury, or due to dead weight being cut (such as Moreau and Hunter for Dwight King and Jordan Nolan).

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Why would we recall him to sit? When have we ever done that (not counting a goalie)?

Vey was recalled because of injury the first time, he didn't sit. We wouldn't recall anyone to sit ever. Vey would get a recall in the case of someone else getting hurt. I never once implied recalling Vey just for a recall, nor has the organization ever done such a thing. They recall someone due to injury, or due to dead weight being cut (such as Moreau and Hunter for Dwight King and Jordan Nolan).

He's not good enough to be playing right now. Then why would we recall him at all?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Vey has somehow played and worked himself into the doghouse. Kid will turn it around too talented not too.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
He's not good enough to be playing right now. Then why would we recall him at all?

A) Right now is not two months from now. Vey was playing more than well enough prior to his NHL recall, so to think he won't find his game again before the end of the season, which you implied/asserted, is misguided.

B) If we get some injuries, like what happened in November, we will have to recall someone. Pearson I could understand or even Kozun. Heck maybe even Deslauriers, but no one is heads and shoulders ahead of Vey, so to think Vey wouldn't get another recall is again misguided. Vey now has experience and showed some chemistry with the players currently on the roster, and should be hungry to show that a demotion was a mistake. I'm not saying he will be the next recall, he very well might not be, but it's off base to just write him off for the rest of the year as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad