Kings News: Kings announce new radio home (5 Years @ AM 790 KABC)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The Kings always seem to end up on political radio stations. And they have been all over the spectrum as far as that goes.

Last I lived out there 790 had a stronger signal (atleast in OC) than 1150 did, so that makes it a positive for me.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Thanks for the heads-up; I am glad for the club they are undoing the effects of "out of sight, out of mind", which plagues non-traditional hockey clubs like the Los Angeles Kings.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
790 KABC has a stronger signal, so it's a net positive.

Mod note:
No political discussion is allowed folks - at all. Politics forum only.
/mod

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I remember when 790 carried all the Dodger home games for a couple seasons. It's a great signal. I already have it saved on my car, so perfect.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I like the stronger signal, but I would prefer it on a "sports" station. There would be more chances to talk hockey. Of course the other local hockey team is on the all Angels, all the time station.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I like the stronger signal, but I would prefer it on a "sports" station. There would be more chances to talk hockey. Of course the other local hockey team is on the all Angels, all the time station.

LA only has 2 sports stations (570 and Lakers 710). It would create a lot of schedule conflicts. The Dodgers are on 570.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Definitely a better station signal and prestige-wise. 1150 was a bit of an embarrassment...

And from what I read, the Kings are actually getting paid now, as opposed to paying to be on the radio.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
The troubling thing is the TV deal. I like that the are tied to FSW/PT until 2024 for us watching games but it could lead to trouble down the road. Sharks have a long term deal and are fighting to get out of it because the dynamics (money) has changed so much.

Captain Mittens*

The troubling thing is the TV deal. I like that the are tied to FSW/PT until 2024 for us watching games but it could lead to trouble down the road. Sharks have a long term deal and are fighting to get out of it because the dynamics (money) has changed so much.

I don't think cable is even going to be around in 2024.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
This will be great if i can get that signal out here in the IE. i like listening after the game but 1150 signals would cut out in about West Covina so this'll be great if it can reach all the way out here.

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA
EGBOK%20Buttons10.jpg

Everyhting is going to be OKAY!

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I can't believe people actually still listen to the radio. When I listen, I use my phone. Perfect sound and perfect signal.

iheartradio sucks on Metrolink.

I thought it would solve all my commuting-by-train listening problems, but my cheap little am/fm Walkman walks circles around my android.

Although it does matter which model train (newer trains are terrible for AM radio) I'm on and if I can get a window seat.

I thought it would solve all my commuting-by-train listening problems, but my cheap little am/fm Walkman walks circles around my android.

Although it does matter which model train (newer trains are terrible for AM radio) I'm on and if I can get a window seat.

Well, riding on a model train is your first problem. Who would do that?

But in all seriousness, I have no problem with the iheartradio app. I have used TuneIn to listen to games before as well but that was during the playoffs. I'm not sure if there streams there for regular season games. I've really had no need to use anything other than iheartradio. I'm actually shocked the AM dial still exists. How many people actually listen to AM radio in a given day?

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign

The iheartradio app is absolute trash.

NHL or LA Kings Apps?

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

Big difference a 20 year deal vs a 12 year deal. And the Kings dollar amount is going to be at or near the league average near the end of it I suspect. We are currently in the top 10 and most of those contracts are going longer than the one we currently have. We are even making more than Pitt right now. And that is with the horrible ratings the Kings get.
I'm not worried about the TV deal at all.
And very happy to see the team finally getting paid to have the games on the radio.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I've really had no need to use anything other than iheartradio. I'm actually shocked the AM dial still exists. How many people actually listen to AM radio in a given day?

I listen to it daily in my car (sports talk). Why go through the hassle of calling it up on the phone, enduring signal drops, buffering, etc when I can punch 1 button on the car radio? :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad