Kings News: Kings announce multiple new PBP hires

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
here is the PR

SNIP:
Four veteran play-by-play announcers will work Kings telecasts this season on FOX Sports West as Bob Miller, the club's Hall of Fame broadcaster, takes a reduced on-air role with the club.

As announced last month, Miller returns to the FOX Sports West booth for his 44th season and the Kings' 50th Anniversary as he calls 58 games. For the 17 games Miller is not slated to work, Gary Thorne (eight games), Chris Cuthbert (four games), Ralph Strangis (four games) and Jiggs McDonald (one game) will call the action alongside TV Analyst Jim Fox. McDonald, who served as the club's very first broadcaster in 1967, will now have called an LA Kings game in their first year and again during the club's 50th Anniversary celebration.
https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/four-announcers-slated-to-fill-in-for-bob-miller/c-282587698

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I had always hoped that when Bob retired that Dave Strader would be hired by the Kings, but sadly, with his own personal health in decline that will never happen. Best wishes to Mr. Strader in his battle.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Gary Thorne is my second favorite hockey broadcaster of all time. This is unexpected and wonderful news. IMO broadcasting, even with all the Vin hype this year, is still a very underrated and important part of sports.

Could you guys imagine being stuck with the Ducks broadcast team? It would change everything.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Though the choices are great it is a Slap in the face to Nick Nickson. I would have been perfectly happy with Rosen doing the radio and Nick doing TV. But there are more important things going on with the Kings. This team is bad (OK not so bad but BORING get a one goal lead and go into prevent defense) and with Quick out and no strong backup this board is going to be on fire.

As for Quick I guess we can't be surprised, he has played a ton of games and his style of Goal-tending we should see this happening more often.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Though the choices are great it is a Slap in the face to Nick Nickson. I would have been perfectly happy with Rosen doing the radio and Nick doing TV. But there are more important things going on with the Kings. This team is bad (OK not so bad but BORING get a one goal lead and go into prevent defense) and with Quick out and no strong backup this board is going to be on fire.

As for Quick I guess we can't be surprised, he has played a ton of games and his style of Goal-tending we should see this happening more often.

This is what the critics were saying when he signed his 10 year deal.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Though the choices are great it is a Slap in the face to Nick Nickson.

Before pointing the stinky finger at management I'd like to know if Nick enjoys his radio gig and maybe switching between broadcasts and color guys isn't all that ideal for him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Before pointing the stinky finger at management I'd like to know if Nick enjoys his radio gig and maybe switching between broadcasts and color guys isn't all that ideal for him.

Yep, I think I recall reading (may have been posted by Jon Rosen) that they wanted to keep things consistent on the radio side and not have to switch things up and have Jon filling in on radio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad