Post-Game Talk: KING DAVID @ goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That looked like a typical October game. It’s a long season and this team has already showed their really f***ing good when they want to be… not worried at all.
That's another thing.

A lot of people shout "I want effort all the time!" because they're caught up in this Rocky Balboa idea that championship teams have this special mentality.

Maybe in certain contexts they do, like coming back from 3-1 down trailing in all three games (oh wait that was us), but it's very much in vogue to go 45-37 and then turn it up two gears when it counts.

Tampa learned that when they shot two loads winning 62 games and then ran out of gas in the first round.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
That's another thing.

A lot of people shout "I want effort all the time!" because they're caught up in this Rocky Balboa idea that championship teams have this special mentality.

Maybe in certain contexts they do, like coming back from 3-1 down trailing in all three games (oh wait that was us), but it's very much in vogue to go 45-37 and then turn it up two gears when it counts.

Tampa learned that when they shot two loads winning 62 games and then ran out of gas in the first round.
90 points don't even get you into the tournament that counts.

Just sayin' lol

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Do points count differently 5 games in vs. 75?

You get a point for 8-12 of those 37 losses
Yeah so I just came in late to mention that we still got a point lol. This wasn't a disaster on any level. How long have some of y'all been fans that you didn't know beforehand we were losing this game?

I still consider beating down Tampa and minny back to back more telling of what this team can accomplish than losing a point to the sharks.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Not that I think it was a classy move to boo Quinn, you'd think maybe the reporters who mentioned it (Larry) might at least muse about why that might've happened. I don't imagine anyone was booing because we didn't make the playoffs under Quinn...

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
guys... we're 3-1-1.

With Shesty not dialed in and our structure a hot mess.

iu

Russian Giraffe plays next game too. Thinking about that.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We probably would have played better if it was them. I think we fell asleep because the Sharks are bad and we had a good 40 minutes.

You can't take it for granted against anybody in this over-coached, hard-cap, equity league.

The Sharks have some great players.
That's the strange thing about this era of players, they play up; they play down. Maybe it's always like that.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm still laughing about the Marshmallow one, & frankly I don't appreciate the censorship. He's not entirely wrong about either guy, but it cracks me up nonetheless.
Agree. Especially on the censorship bit. But I think Fox has been fine. He was always more brains than dynamic. Opponents are playing him a little tighter. But he’s still very effective.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No hockey yesterday, no hockey today. Guess I’ll just watch the Yankees tonight, lol.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Major UFC main card today at 2PM

Even the prelims have a great fights

Sugah Sean and Gerrit Cole. Could be worse non Rangers game days.

Salivating at the thought of a 5pm game tomorrow against a team who plays tonight too.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think I’m going to start house of the dragon tonight.

That's what I'm going to finish.
I did that last night. I wasn't the biggest GOT fan, but I mostly enjoyed that show. This show on the other hand is like Days of our Lives with dragons. I'll watch the finale tomorrow, but I doubt I'm in for another season.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I did that last night. I wasn't the biggest GOT fan, but I mostly enjoyed that show. This show on the other hand is like Days of our Lives with dragons. I'll watch the finale tomorrow, but I doubt I'm in for another season.

I have heard mixed things about it, going to go into it with an open mind. I’m looking forward more to the Jon Snow spin-off which is a sequel to GOT. Can maybe make up for that final season lol .

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Was also pretty shocked at the critical acclaim it is receiving. Loved GOT but only made it about 5 episodes in. Did not care for it at all, very dull plot and uninteresting characters.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Was also pretty shocked at the critical acclaim it is receiving. Loved GOT but only made it about 5 episodes in. Did not care for it at all, very dull plot and uninteresting characters.
Most GOTs nerds are probably too ashamed to admit how bad this really is. Because it's REALLY bad. Not one likable character, honestly. It's seriously just a soap opera with the added allure of dragons. I liked GOT because there were individual adventures & character development.

I do think the actor playing King Viserys is very talented. Matt Smith as Daemon is very good as well, but his character doesn't get enough air time.

Live look in at me right now.
Fixed.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gonna post tomorrow’s GDT in a few, it’s an earlier game and I want to sleep in tomorrow morning, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad