News Article: Khokhlachev heading home? Mod Warning # 131

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
How's Randell fit into your scheme. You pretty much discribed him. Hardly any minutes and put up points in his lack of ice. He hit and fought, and yet he didn't get a sniff.

He played 27 games this season. I'd call that more than a sniff. And he was kept with the team, not demoted to Prov.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Khoko didn't do much with the time given. True.

So what? I'm not asking anyone to give Khoko a break or a participation trophy. I'm talking about it as a front office you have an asset that has played very well at the AHL Level as a scorer. In order to see what you have, especially when you have other guys who aren't cutting it in the NHL, it makes sense to give the guy a bit of a run. Not for his sake, but yours.

Ultimately the B's are doing it for their own sake. The NHL is not a development league. If they felt his game was at the stage where he'd help the team, they would have played him.

He wasn't ready to fill in for Krejci or Bergeron, and he was ineffective and invisible in the bottom six.

My suspicion is, based on his words and the team's decisions with him, that he has the wrong attitude. He seems to feel he's owed top 6 status and doesn't seem interested in working his way up.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Ultimately the B's are doing it for their own sake. The NHL is not a development league. If they felt his game was at the stage where he'd help the team, they would have played him.

He wasn't ready to fill in for Krejci or Bergeron, and he was ineffective and invisible in the bottom six.

My suspicion is, based on his words and the team's decisions with him, that he has the wrong attitude. He seems to feel he's owed top 6 status and doesn't seem interested in working his way up.

not true....Marchy developed his game in his first stint in Boston. Hell most players do. It is pretty uncommon that a player just comes in and is firing on all cylinders. There is a learning curve for everyone without exception (yes, even the greats).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Koko had 200 ish games in the ahl.

And the GM of the team brought him up several times. The coach never used him correctly though. I said it last year, but I suspect a big issue with the draft picks not panning out correctly is the way Claude uses them, and how he wants them to all be 200 foot players before he's comfortable with them. I don't care much for the system if the coach is unwilling to tweak it to better fit the skill sets of the players they have. He would rather change the player's game to bend to the system. I think this is also why we saw Pasta take a glaring step backward from the explosive player he was at the end of last year to what he was this year. Well, that and the fact that Claude had him playing with two players who slow the game down, while his game is all speed...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
how come?
Is there a rule against it or is it a personal thing? Just asking (nothing malicious) so I know if there is another rule that needs to be accounted for.

It fits under two rules.

Spam if it just the same repetitive thing over and over again.
As well as could be considered trolling where it is inciteful as opposed to insightful.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Again, wrong measuring stick, if you mean sucks = 0 points.

The gauge is, "How did he play?"

Krejci = well enough to get more games
Koko = not well enough to get more games

Koko's first NHL game he got 15 plus minutes and was the best player on on the ice and that game was better than Krejci or Marchand in their early games.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Koko's first NHL game he got 15 plus minutes and was the best player on on the ice and that game was better than Krejci or Marchand in their early games.

It's not a Bruins thing. It's an NHL thing, since none of the 29 other teams are interested.
Not even for their worst propect.... I mean no interest at all.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
And the GM of the team brought him up several times. The coach never used him correctly though.

Perhaps if there'd been an injury at the Water Boy position... :naughty:

But seriously, how should Koko have been used correctly? You would have played him ahead of Krejci and Bergeron? He couldn't play wing.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Even if that were true, it's too bad careers aren't made from one game.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Perhaps if there'd been an injury at the Water Boy position... :naughty:

But seriously, how should Koko have been used correctly? You would have played him ahead of Krejci and Bergeron? He couldn't play wing.

On the third line with offensive players instead of 4th line grinders? But okay. And again, I'm not saying he's a viable NHL player. I'm saying we really don't know what he is and that's the issue.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
On the third line with offensive players instead of 4th line grinders? But okay. And again, I'm not saying he's a viable NHL player. I'm saying we really don't know what he is and that's the issue.

I seem to recall him playing on the third line sometimes. Did he not? Maybe I'm not remembering it accurately.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Koko went away first, but Claude soon to follow. That final game system flatline and annihilation defeat at home will carry over and there won't be enough fingers to go around to plug the dike. Koko may have the last laugh yet.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I'm saying we really don't know what he is and that's the issue.

Hmmm... What I'm reading is that you and a few others who feel the same way you do don't know what Koko is. Unless of course you believe you're speaking for the Bruins. I suspect they know exactly what they've got which is why Koko finds himself probably moving on, and why there appears to be no takers among the 29 other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad