KHL teams in Denmark and Norway + United hockey league

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
No, the train has reached it's destination! But I'll give you that one on the platform before finding something to eat: Was actually Ole Stavad I meant! (Sorry if mr. Lykketoft is reading this, but I'm sure I could find reasons to dislike him too :)) He was the tax-minister in 1993, and the minister always gets the blame! (another Danish trait you could say, particularly when it comes to taxes) Arbejdsmarkedsbidrag
*EDIT: Then again, Lykketoft was financeminister so maybe I can pin it on him? :)

Wasn't they supposed to remove that one when the economy was looking up again? Surely since 1994 we had periods of growth? :shakehead

I've ranted too much for one day already - I'll step back and focus on hockey for the remained of my weekend!

No they werent. That was the special tax that Schlüter introduced in 84 to stop the inflation.

Yes, off course EU is a success. Not only that, it has secured peace in Europe that in so many decades could have exploded and started World war III. Anyone who denies that should seriously ask for a refund of their school money. It is ok that you are a monarchist, about 50 percent of the Danish population is. I just cant see What it has to do with a modern democracy that the regent has to sign all new legislations. Lets say we got a crazed ****ed up monarch on our hands, he or she could take the power back according to Grundloven.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
No they werent. That was the special tax that Schlüter introduced in 84 to stop the inflation.

Yes, off course EU is a success. Not only that, it has secured peace in Europe that in so many decades could have exploded and started World war III. Anyone who denies that should seriously ask for a refund of their school money. It is ok that you are a monarchist, about 50 percent of the Danish population is. I just cant see What it has to do with a modern democracy that the regent has to sign all new legislations. Lets say we got a crazed ****ed up monarch on our hands, he or she could take the power back according to Grundloven.

I'm not going on the train! :) No, he couldn't! The legislative power is shared between the Monarch and the Folketing so unless a mojority want to hand over the power to a king willing to take all of it, there's no chance of it. The goverment could break the law just aswell, you want to abbandon democracy too?

I'm a supporter of the European Union, but I think they might be moving away from trade and cooperation towards a social union a bit too much! Our friendship with likeminded accross the pond has played a role in keeping the western democracies just that - free and democratic too.

Fair enough that you don't like the Queen, the constitution her ancestors gave this country secures you that right! :) And I don't think the Crown Prince is going to overthrough the elected goverment neither, so you're good until 2050 atleast!

Now I'm done! :laugh: Back to sport!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I'm not going on the train! :) No, he couldn't! The legislative power is shared between the Monarch and the Folketing so unless a mojority want to hand over the power to a king willing to take all of it, there's no chance of it. The goverment could break the law just aswell, you want to abbandon democracy too?

I'm a supporter of the European Union, but I think they might be moving away from trade and cooperation towards a social union a bit too much! Our friendship with likeminded accross the pond has played a role in keeping the western democracies just that - free and democratic too.

Fair enough that you don't like the Queen, the constitution her ancestors gave this country secures you that right! :) And I don't think the Crown Prince is going to overthrough the elected goverment neither, so you're good until 2050 atleast!

Now I'm done! :laugh: Back to sport!

To get back to the sport:
If Denmark does exceptionally well at a WC and actually medal they will receive much more attention and can get more Team Denmark funds [actually also get communes to build more rinks].
A WC played in Denmark where Denmark does well would be even better!

It might convince some money man to sponsor a team that perhaps can be played at the new Copenhagen arena when it's build or Herning that already has one of decent size.

But without that man/woman with deep pockets we could never build a KHL team without also killing the Danish League.
That KHL team should take the best Danish players in Europe and fill the rest up with good foreigners and that takes a lot more cash - that also means that the sponsors must be sure they can have around 10.000 spectators for home games to make it possible.

As people often forget: Transport for the team to play other teams in the KHL will be very expensive. Driving around in busses might be OK for semi-professionals inside Denmark, but better players would expect airplanes! No way you drive to games around Europe (drive to play Jokerit, yeah right!).

For that to happen the NT must have a massive success story!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad