KHL Season 2018/2019

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well looks like West is playing out exactly like everyone would have expected it to. Riga had a relatively great campaign but is coming up short. Vityaz is just too good and Sochi is carried by their quality imports.

In the East, however, the fight between Traktor and Kunlun should be really good.

Reactions: Rigafan

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Magnitogorsk on an unbelievable 8-game winning streak now. Mozyakin has had 11pts (5g, 6a) throughout the run. Given how difficult their upcoming fixture is, I don't expect a big surprise (i.e surpassing Avto) but they could leapfrog Ak Bars for sure. As always, east doesn't fail to deliver. Needless to speak about how good Avto and Ak Bars can get. Avangard have been steadily decent in recent years. Sprinkle in some in-form Magnitka and Barys with teams like Salavat & Novgorod which you can never underestimate and you have the recipe for the perfect play-off. Can't wait.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Magnitogorsk on an unbelievable 8-game winning streak now. Mozyakin has had 11pts (5g, 6a) throughout the run. Given how difficult their upcoming fixture is, I don't expect a big surprise (i.e surpassing Avto) but they could leapfrog Ak Bars for sure. As always, east doesn't fail to deliver. Needless to speak about how good Avto and Ak Bars can get. Avangard have been steadily decent in recent years. Sprinkle in some in-form Magnitka and Barys with teams like Salavat & Novgorod which you can never underestimate and you have the recipe for the perfect play-off. Can't wait.

Although we need Novgorod back in the WEST please

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
To be honest the better idea would be to just drop Avangard to the West because they will be here a while, it seems.

Reactions: Exarz

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
To be honest the better idea would be to just drop Avangard to the West because they will be here a while, it seems.

Well, I think that it would have been unreasonable to have it done this year since the disaster happened so close to the start of the Regular Season. Let's see what happens next year. Everyone's hoping that they'll be back to Omsk soon... and it will never be soon enough.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, I think that it would have been unreasonable to have it done this year since the disaster happened so close to the start of the Regular Season. Let's see what happens next year. Everyone's hoping that they'll be back to Omsk soon... and it will never be soon enough.
Surely I'm not talking about before this season but rather the next one. Didn't Sushinsky say they will be in Balashika for at least 3 years?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
On the unrelated note, KHL scorekeeping is such a joke.. Look at Loko's 2nd goal today, that's unassisted.. Bloody hell.
I don't know if it's because of this or other reasons, but in Helsinki they always name the assists in the upcoming break after the goal, as if they check potential assists before pointing them out.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
That feeling when you're on a 6-game winning streak yet still 10pts behind the ninth-placed team, which also has lost its last four games...

They didn't play against the toughest teams but Severstal managed to win four straight in Siberian & Far East trip (Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk, Kunlun, Vladivostok) on top of their wins against Slovan and Riga at home. While this is an admirable feat, I think it doesn't change anything in terms of play-off race. With only 12 games left to play, they're 13pts behind the final playoff spot, occupied by Sochi. They, alongside with Dinamo Riga, may drop a lot of points in games to come but I honestly don't think Severstal can keep doing what they are doing now. Next stop: Moscow (Dynamo).

The race between Barys and Avangard has also been quite interesting to follow. Division leadership (and thus the second place in the conference behind Avto) changed hands a few times already and is far from being settled. Sneaky Magnitka saw their fantastic run stop in Moscow (CSKA) yet they have another chance to start anew - today they play in Riga and then go home for a 4-game period: Barys, Traktor, Avto, SKA.

I just don't like All-Star games. Just give us "regular hockey" instead of a break of almost a full week. There are so many storylines to follow.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I just don't like All-Star games. Just give us "regular hockey" instead of a break of almost a full week. There are so many storylines to follow.
This. I have never bothered watching an all-star game, be it the KHL or NHL. Does anyone actually care about these?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
This. I have never bothered watching an all-star game, be it the KHL or NHL. Does anyone actually care about these?
You may dislike the All Star Game, but the KHL ASG is a special one. It is the Week of Hockey Stars, an event taking all week, including the MHL ASG, Women Hockey League ASG and the KHL ASG.

I will tell you who loves the KHL ASG - Fasel ;)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hardcore fans not really but it grabs more attention buy the casual fans than any regular season game possibly could.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
So Lokomotiv with only Russian players team today? Are they team, which use players from their development most?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
i find it interesting. traktor lost 28 times this season, and in 15 (!!!) of these L they couldn't score a single goal (0-3, 8-0, 0-5, 2-0, 5-0, 4-0, 1-0, 1-0, 0-3, 0-3, 0-2, 0-2, 6-0, 3-0, 2-0). what a putrid stat

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
This crazy Barys team will be enjoyable to watch at playoffs. Mad lads took 3PTS from CSKA & SKA. I've been following them for quite a while due to Avangard-Barys fight for second seed but I have to say that they totally deserve to take it. With Ramö, things could have been different for Avangard but as things stand now, I really like Barys and wish them the best come playoff time. Unless a major surprise happens, we lost it anyways - Avangard have a serious disadvantage already and their schedule is not easy. Kunlun are still fighting for a playoff spot. Playing Admiral & Amur is always tricky in the Far East. No need to talk about CSKA & SKA. They'd eat us alive under normal circumstances. I hope Sibir will have nothing left to play for when we meet them for the final game of the season but it may be totally irrelevant anyways.

In last 20 games, Avangard are 11-9. Two of the losses were in OT or SO, which means they chalked up 24pts during the period. In the same period, Barys are 14-6 and their two losses were in OT or SO as well, putting them at 30pts. I mean, Avangard were a little bit over .500 percent yet Barys still managed to not only chase them but also leapfrog. I'm sad but impressed at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad