KHL pick 'em week 4

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey Jaco and Tommy Salo, it's really just the three of us. Shall we continue with this or forget it for this year. I'm content to continue running it with just the three of us, but will leave it up to you. Here's the schedule if you wish to continue.

Monday September 11
1) Loko v Avto Final score
2) Severstal v Sochi
3) Dynamo Moscow v Metallurg

Tuesday August 22
1) Ak Bars v Spartak Total shots both teams combined
2) Neftekhimik v Torpedo

Wednesday
1) Sibir v Vityaz
2) Kunlun v Slovan
3) Loko v Metallurg
4) Minsk v Lada Total goals both teams combined
5) SKA v Avto

Thursday
1) Salavat v Torpedo
2) Neftekhimik v Spartak Final score

Friday
1) Amur v Slovan
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Kunlun v Vityaz
4) Loko v Traktor
5) SKA v Metallurg Total shots both teams combined

Saturday
1) Neftekhimik v Severstal Total goals both teams combined
Sochi v Torpedo

Sunday
1) Admiral v Vityaz Final score
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Dynamo Moscow v Avto

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Hey, guys, at least there will be a medal for all of us:D.
And everybody could say at the end of the season: ''You know, I am a top 3 material'':laugh:

Monday September 11
1) Loko 4-2 Final score
2) Sochi
3) Dynamo Moscow

Tuesday August 22
1) Ak Bars 48 Total shots both teams combined
2) Torpedo

Wednesday
1) Sibir
2) Kunlun
3) Loko
4) Minsk 7 goals both teams combined
5) SKA

Thursday
1) Salavat
2) Neftekhimik 3-2 Final score

Friday
1) Slovan
2) Barys
3) Kunlun
4) Loko
5) SKA 57 shots both teams combined

Saturday
1) Neftekhimik 6 goals both teams combined
Sochi

Sunday
1) Admiral 5-3 Final score
2) Barys
3) Dynamo Moscow

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
I'm still trying to regain serenity after the hammering in Yekaterinburg. Nevertheless I'm asking myself why there aren't more people participating. Certainly Go Donbass (or Dean, if I remember correctly) does a great job, and if it's ok with you, I'll continue....

Monday September 11
1) Loko v Avto Final score 3-2
2) Severstal v Sochi

Tuesday August 22
1) Ak Bars v Spartak Total shots both teams combined 56
2) Neftekhimik v Torpedo

Wednesday
1) Sibir v Vityaz
2) Kunlun v Slovan
3) Loko v Metallurg
4) Minsk v Lada Total goals both teams combined 5
5) SKA v Avto

Thursday
1) Salavat v Torpedo
2) Neftekhimik v Spartak Final score 4-1

Friday
1) Amur v Slovan (hopefully in OT, since Slovan are my team in the West)
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Kunlun v Vityaz
4) Loko v Traktor
5) SKA v Metallurg Total shots both teams combined 62 (and 3 points for Mozyakin)

Saturday
1) Neftekhimik v Severstal Total goals both teams combined 6
Sochi v Torpedo

Sunday
1) Admiral v Vityaz Final score 3-2
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Dynamo Moscow v Avto

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ya, I don't know what happened. Seemed like we had a fairly decent crowd to start the year, and then they all dropped out. Even reliable old Hansome jumped ship. Well if you guys want to keep it going, I'm happy to keep doing this. It's fun to put my prognostication skills to the test.

Monday September 11
1) Loko v Avto 3-4 Final score
2) Severstal v Sochi

Tuesday August 22
1) Ak Bars v Spartak 60 Total shots both teams combined
2) Neftekhimik v Torpedo

Wednesday
1) Sibir v Vityaz
2) Kunlun v Slovan
3) Loko v Metallurg
4) Minsk v Lada 5 Total goals both teams combined
5) SKA v Avto

Thursday
1) Salavat v Torpedo
2) Neftekhimik v Spartak 5-2 Final score

Friday
1) Amur v Slovan
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Kunlun v Vityaz
4) Loko v Traktor
5) SKA v Metallurg 54 Total shots both teams combined

Saturday
1) Neftekhimik v Severstal 4 Total goals both teams combined
2) Sochi v Torpedo

Sunday
1) Admiral v Vityaz 2-3 Final score
2) Barys v Sibir
3) Dynamo Moscow v Avto

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Ya, I don't know what happened. Seemed like we had a fairly decent crowd to start the year, and then they all dropped out. Even reliable old Hansome jumped ship. Well if you guys want to keep it going, I'm happy to keep doing this. It's fun to put my prognostication skills to the test.

Can't speak for anyone else but as a participant who enjoyed last year's edition, I'd like to explain my reasons. First of all, a personal one: I don't have as much time and most of the time I have difficulty keeping track of what's going on in here and in the league.

Secondly, the lack of convenience is discouraging for me. I know it doesn't take more than 5 or 6 mins but having to copy a list and bold some 20 teams in it every week gets boring over time. More like drudgery. Something you can always do "later" and probably will end up never doing at all. Google Forms or something like that would make it all way easier - just click on teams you think will win and you're good to go.

Third, things have been pretty inconsistent. I appreciate your effort and I can never blame you for anything about the competition but I feel like some standards were needed, like publishing the list of next week no later than Friday or up-to-date tables Tuesday. I can't ask you to deal with this like a machine; obviously, I'm tired to even play and so I can't ask you to do way more than that for a whole year in a pretty consistent way. But when you have a very limited amount of time to get your picks in or the tables are not updated for several days, it feels like something is missing and the vibe is gone.

Most importantly, the number of participants have been low. I was behind that idea and wanted to keep going even in this season but either for reasons I mentioned or some others, people are simply not interested in KHL enough to make such a competition work well.

So that's my part of the story and I really wish we had a more solid competition because I like this idea very much. Again, please, don't misunderstand me - I'm not criticizing you here. In the end, you were the one who put way more effort than all of us only to create and keep this going for such a long time. It just feels a little bit too raw at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad