KHL North America division

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes Quebec and Seattle in the same division totally works. Oh, and in the KHL too. Just a great, thought out plan.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
If this talk ever meets the ground of reality, you'll have to choose one - either the Eastern part of the NA or the Western shore. Not both. Even if the KHL creates a purely Far-Eastern division, there will just be too much travel, and the playoff NA games will have to be played during Russia's nights.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Keep your Amerikanski commercials out of glorious Motherland and its hockey. Thank you. I'm OK with international competitions with KHL teams joining but creating a separate division? Nah. I hope KHL administration is aware of this very specific thing: most people love KHL because it's DIFFERENT. We already have lots of hockey to watch in form of NHL. In Europe, we have good leagues from DEL to SHL. Personally, I don't care much if quality of play is very high. I watch KHL because its near my region, its in where what things interest me. When you "Americanize" this league, why would I watch it when there's already NHL?

So, again, no thanks.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Don't worry HaHa there's virtually no interest in the KHL or any European League in North America, and there's certainly not any interest in having a KHL franchise! It's just someone's fantasy thinking, the post/suggestion makes no sense to me at all

P.S. I do follow the KHL and SHL a bit, I don't know anyone else that does, and when the last NHL lockout/strike occurred there was no coverage of the KHL/European Leagues at all (because there's no interest)

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
Anchorage
Saskatoon
Prince George
Seattle
Quebec
Hamilton

This would work

giphy.gif

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
It wouldn't work, and I'm not sure the KHL can even implement itself in NA, given the political landscape.

Wait until Trump becomes president. Then the Washington Capitals will join the KHL. How certain that is? E3 or E4, at least.

;)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wait until Trump becomes president. Then the Washington Capitals will join the KHL. How certain that is? E3 or E4, at least.

;)

The Capitals wouldn't join the KHL under Trump. Good old Donald would just have Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Galiev and Orlov kicked off the team. He'd probably lump in Burakovsky as well, thinking that he's another evil Russian :naughty:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
The Capitals wouldn't join the KHL under Trump. Good old Donald would just have Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Galiev and Orlov kicked off the team. He'd probably lump in Burakovsky as well, thinking that he's another evil Russian :naughty:

Nah, Trump is on good terms with Russia, if Putin asks him to let the KHL expand to America then Trump will personally drop the opening puck the first time CSKA Moscow visit the Вашингтон Кэпитэлз.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
No, Burakovsky sound more to a guy from Poland. Thats are friends now.

Burakovsky is a Jewish name. He's a weird case. He was born in Austria and his family is Swedish but I think he's from Polish descent.

Nah, Trump is on good terms with Russia, if Putin asks him to let the KHL expand to America then Trump will personally drop the opening puck the first time CSKA Moscow visit the Вашингтон Кэпитэлз.

I'd happily be a Вашингтон Кэпитэлз fan, with kaptain Овечкин leading the team.
Alec Martinez wouldn't last very long in the THL (Trump Hockey League).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Burakovsky is a Jewish name. He's a weird case. He was born in Austria and his family is Swedish but I think he's from Polish descent.

His surname, at least, is Ukrainian. I don't know, maybe something makes it Ukrainian - Jewish, but it is Ukrainian.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Alec Martinez wouldn't last very long in the THL (Trump Hockey League).
And Auston Matthews would be hard pressed too!
Burakovsky isn't a surname you can easily trace descent with. Let's just suppose he's Russian because Ovechkin once took Andre to celebrate Christmas with the Russian Caps group :laugh:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'd rather have KHL season tickets than Montreal Canadiens season tickets. You have to pay tens of thousands to see a mediocre club get bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs, while playing uninspiring hockey and relying on their world class goalie to save their *****.

At least the Montreal region is getting an AHL franchise soon.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I'd rather have KHL season tickets than Montreal Canadiens season tickets. You have to pay tens of thousands to see a mediocre club get bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs, while playing uninspiring hockey and relying on their world class goalie to save their *****.

At least the Montreal region is getting an AHL franchise soon.

KHL is perfect in that sense and it lives up to its motto: hockey, our game. Tickets are really cheap and are there for people to enjoy the game. Well, with those prices it's not sustainable without pumping money but that's another story. As a hockey fan I don't even dream of watching an NHL game live at arena, it's simply too expensive. Even if I lived in the USA, I'd probably go for TV. On the other hand, putting one or two teams aside, you can find tickets for less than 10 USD in KHL. The only problem for me is that Siberia is too far away. Otherwise, I'd jump Omsk train every other day, see my game and come back. It's so cheap and convenient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad