KHL business aspects discussion

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
KHL.cards, exclusive NFT tokens, to launch on the Binance NFT marketplace

What is this about? I was never in to crypto or hockey cards.
Thought it would be a great way to use the NFT market for digitalizing the classic hockey cards and also use them in that fully-fledged game, but then I saw that the mystery boxes will be released in a quantity of 20,000 at a fixed price of 20BUSD. I really thought I read it wrong the first time but yeah, 20 billion USD, so I guess 1 million USD per mystery box.

I know the NFT market is insane right now but come on :laugh:

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
Thought it would be a great way to use the NFT market for digitalizing the classic hockey cards and also use them in that fully-fledged game, but then I saw that the mystery boxes will be released in a quantity of 20,000 at a fixed price of 20BUSD. I really thought I read it wrong the first time but yeah, 20 billion USD, so I guess 1 million USD per mystery box.

I know the NFT market is insane right now but come on :laugh:
I just used an online converter, where 20 BUSD became roughly 20 USD. I think refers to some kind of currency, and not billions of dollars.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I just used an online converter, where 20 BUSD became roughly 20 USD. I think refers to some kind of currency, and not billions of dollars.
Yeah I guess it was bad research from my part, but those numbers wouldn't have surprised me considering the previous NFT amounts I have seen :laugh: could be a rather good way to digitalize the hockey cards market then!

Reactions: Section Netherlands

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I will ask here...

Who is responsible, and why did they do it? Vladivostok's new logo? It's terrible and looks cheap. It also looks more like a typical 'Wild West' Sheriff badge than the anchor or anything naval related.

At a glance, it reminds me of the Sheriff Tiraspol FC logo

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I will ask here...

Who is responsible, and why did they do it? Vladivostok's new logo? It's terrible and looks cheap. It also looks more like a typical 'Wild West' Sheriff badge than the anchor or anything naval related.

We could write a book about Admiral´s logo. I do not know who made the decision this summer. Likely someone from Primorski Krai government or Alexei An (new Admiral general manager)

Below is what I found on internet. As you know, Mikhail Antipin (Quberten Design Studio) made the original logo for Admiral back in 2013. He proposed an alternative logo as well. It is the current logo. But if I know, Quberten did do nothing this summer for Admiral.

E2pdgT_XIAANTOx

Anchor was the original Admiral logo, just in blue.

Admiral-Vladivostok-logo-vector-01.svg

Later they chose this (nothing to do with Quberten)

5843_vladivostok_admiral-primary-2020.png

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
The colour scheme is alright, although the blue, again, fits the naval theme they go with, but keep the old logo!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's like they went "you know what, let's be more bland and Soviet" :sarcasm: On a more serious note, they probably wanted to rebrand because you know, such new era, different management, new debts and all that but as vorky mentions, had this in the pocket already from before and went with this cheap option.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I will ask here...

I agree. The old colours and logo were so nice. The current one is Dollar Tree garbage.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
This is a very vague question with possibly no answer but...

Do we have any idea just how much money Gazprom pays each year to fund their sports interests and sponsorships? It would be interesting to see.

I did find some old information on some Spartak fan forum (this was like 2016 or something) stating they spend $40m just on SKA alone.

I also found an article in which Roman Rotenberg said he is the joint owner of Kunlun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad