Speculation: KHL after Sochi Games

loppa*

2 million dollars split among 28 teams? Yeah, that will save teams...

I look at it like this: it's a start, and that there may be something more of this as time goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It seems that Russia will have new federal free sportive channel. Does anybody have more infos?

Edit: It should be mediaholding with TV, radio, info agency. Owner should be Gazprom Media, where Chernyshenko works.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL BoD approved a formula how money are shared with clubs. KHL shares cca 100 millions rubles with clubs for previous season. The formula is as follows: 40% every club gets the same amount of money, 30% the criteria is TV ratings/demand (club who is more often in TV gets more money), 30% the criteria is a results on ice, so 50% of those 30% is divided among clubs qualifying to play off (16 teams), 25% of those 30% goes to Champion, 15% of those 30% goes to regular season winner and 10% of those 30% goes to play off final loser. Those money can be used for developing arena etc, not for paychecks to GM etc.

After sharing 100% it is as follows, SKA as champion gets 12,89 millions rubles, CSKA as RS winner gets 8,95 millions rubles and Ak Bars as final loser gets 7,41 millions rubles.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
I might be wrong with the math but basically SKA got 300k euros? That's a joke.
with actual exchange rate of 65 the 12,9 mio RUB would be around 200k euro
but i doubt the 12,9 mio for SKA, as it would be 1/8 of the total 100 mio.
but KHL has 28 teams, so ratio 1/8 versus 1/28 cant be achieved by those criteria mentioned ???

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
with actual exchange rate of 65 the 12,9 mio RUB would be around 200k euro
but KHL has 28 teams, so ratio 1/8 versus 1/28 cant be achieved by those criteria mentioned ???

Thanks, I did it all in my head and rates weren't exactly up to date there.

SKA getting such a big piece of a pie makes sense though, I mean Ak Bars only gets half of that. At the end of the day, these sums are pretty much irrelevant anyway.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Game Avto vs Spartak will be played in Torino, Italy. Spartak GM said.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
loppa, I have good news for you. Krasnoyarsk will play KHL ... women version of KHL. :D:sarcasm:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Women Hockey League will have 7 russian clubs Agidel Ufa, Arktik Uni Ukhta, Biryusa Krasnoyarsk, Dynamo St.Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Skif Nizhny Novgorod, Tornado Moscow Region

loppa*

Women Hockey League will have 7 russian clubs Agidel Ufa, Arktik Uni Ukhta, Biryusa Krasnoyarsk, Dynamo St.Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Skif Nizhny Novgorod, Tornado Moscow Region

What will happen to the current Russian womens league? Also, does this KHL womens thing even have a website? The closest that I can find is this... http://fhr.ru/in_russia/women/

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What will happen to the current Russian womens league? Also, does this KHL womens thing even have a website? The closest that I can find is this... http://fhr.ru/in_russia/women/
the same like with men league... RSL was substituted by KHL. Women hockey league organised by FHR is substituted by league organised by KHL.

No website yet.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Will there be more money involved in this women's KHL? Just wondering if it's enough to lure e.g. Noora Räty there. One Finnish player was (Karoliina Rantamäki) has played for SKIF for a few years already and she's enjoyed her stay there but she's said that other clubs haven't been as professional as they plus there's been some weird regulations re: goalies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
В рамках партнерства «Ростелеком» предоставит телекоммуникационные каналы для организации прямых эфирных трансляций матчей КХЛ. Компания обеспечит строительство, подготовку и эксплуатацию всей технической инфраструктуры на хоккейных аренах с круглосуточной технической поддержкой и информационной защитой.

google translate
Through the partnership, "Rostelecom" provides telecommunication channels for the organization of the direct broadcasting of matches of the League. The company provides construction, training and operation of the entire technical infrastructure in the hockey arenas with round the clock technical support and information protection.
http://www.khl.ru/news/2015/08/21/235893.html
anybody to explain what this means in reality?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Rostelecom is one of the major players in the Russian internet market. There are different long-distance internet cables (магистральные кабели) from different providers.

Here is the map.
magistrali_b.jpg

And here is Rostelecom.
rostelecom_b.jpg

It is a much better solution than using a satellite. It's not like teams used it before. It just means that all Russian teams will use Rostelecom's cable for delivering the signal from now on. I'd imagine they won't have to pay for it too.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I don't think you or an average viewer will notice any changes because of it.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL proposed CHL to play a game among KHL and CHL champions during offseason.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Good interview with KHL Marketing boss Sergey Dobrokhvalov.

key notes:

- KHL keeps all sponsorship money, 80% of tv money is shared with clubs.
- KHL TV money is several millions euro. Making international signal for abroad is too expensive for us. KHL pays for making signal for abroad in foreign currency. What does it mean?
- KHL is changing strategy -our main income should be tv money not sponsorship deals. Foreign leagues revenues are 60-70% (tv money), 20-30% (sponsorship deals), #KHL´s 70-80% (sponsorship). We want to change it.
- KHL has 1,6 millions fans on social media, over 62% grow for last 9 months (compared to first 6 seasons).
- Chinese tv companies are willing to pay several millions USD for #KHL rights.
- We want chinese club in next #KHL season.
- Hoping for singing deal with one more int company at the end of Jan.
- KHL is negotiating with one car producer.
- 8 #KHL clubs left which are without HD.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Chernyshenko met with @DalianWanda to discuss #KHL development in Asia. Wanda Group is owner of Infront Sport & Media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad