TBN: KeyBank Center upgrades

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Yuck, abandoned. Let's remember her in happier times:
View attachment 860117
If they ever did fully replace KBC, please built a new one with a steep rake of the seats like the Aud. Those sightlines are to die for.
Except for the Upper Blues where you couldn't even see the scoreboard from some of the rows.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
GSF8rsg.jpg

It's a pre-Conehead Conehead!

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm onboard with the idea of redoing them to match the old Aud seats. Granted, all that gold in the lower bowl will be very easy to spot on light attendance nights.

Looking for the picture for when they used giveaway t-shirts to mimic The Aud seat color look happened onto this article by Vogl from 7/10/2020.

aud.jpg

The ideas are endless. We welcome yours in the comments. In the meantime, we’ll let one survey taker finish what we started.

“Clean it. At least once. Please.”

Reactions: sabremike

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

Looking for the picture for when they used giveaway t-shirts to mimic The Aud seat color look happened onto this article by Vogl from 7/10/2020.

aud.jpg

That looks horrible. It reminds me of looking at a house on zillow where the owners just painted every wall a different color of the rainbow. The less colors, the better. Easier on the eyes, and looks better overall not just talking about hockey games at the arena. This would look great for Disney on Ice, or a Reading Rainbow performance. Could you imagine this weak team playing in a rainbow arean?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That looks horrible. It reminds me of looking at a house on zillow where the owners just painted every wall a different color of the rainbow. The less colors, the better. Easier on the eyes, and looks better overall not just talking about hockey games at the arena. This would look great for Disney on Ice, or a Reading Rainbow performance. Could you imagine this weak team playing in a rainbow arean?
I like the variation of the colors.

One tweak I might like them go with would be having Blue & Gold in the lower bowl and Red & Black in the upper bowl.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
They gotta ship of Theseus that shit. Forever rebuild, come on, make it match the state of the team. Currently it’s an old wreck, make it a young wreck, plz.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
I'm onboard with the idea of redoing them to match the old Aud seats. Granted, all that gold in the lower bowl will be very easy to spot on light attendance nights.

I would love that look.

But I think the seats are "fine". The issue is the seating layout. Any major seat replacement should come with changing the layout entirely. If they could engineer a way to stack them and get everybody closer to the ice without losing 2-3k seats that would be huge.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I would love that look.

But I think the seats are "fine". The issue is the seating layout. Any major seat replacement should come with changing the layout entirely. If they could engineer a way to stack them and get everybody closer to the ice without losing 2-3k seats that would be huge.
I hope you mean the seat color is fine and not the seats themselves.

From Vogl's article:

Seats

Let’s start with the obvious. Fans arrive at their seats and see dirt, grime, chipped paint and broken cup holders. Some stains are older than Rasmus Dahlin.

“The seats are from the Clinton administration,” wrote a survey participant, noting that the 1996 arena has indeed been through four presidents and counting.

A couple of fellow Sabres reporters took a picture of a new phone this season, but the shiny device immediately gave way to the filth surrounding it.

People are paying as much as $145 to sit down. They shouldn’t have to spring for cleaning wipes, too.

“Seating is too cramped,” a respondent wrote.

While it’s cool the Sabres have seating capacity of 19,070 – a nod to their 1970 founding – they shouldn’t re-install every seat when they get around to replacing them. It is too snug in spots, especially when bulky winter coats are involved.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Correct.

I am saying any seat replacement should come with a layout change to bring them closer to the ice.
I do not believe that is possible. The most you could see would be bigger seats in areas or spacing differences. But I don’t know how you change the seating bowl to move seats closer to the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad