Player Discussion Kevin Shattenkirk

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The UFA thing was just about teams being interested in acquiring them at their salary and term. Their NMC/NTCs are a whole separate problem, so this discussion is really being made with the assumption that either would be willing to accept a move to a non-basement dweller.

I hear you, just pointing out it's not really a direct comparison.

I think possibly in their last contract year, they may be movable, prior to that without the Rangers taking back something negative or attaching something positive, I'm not sure I see it even with retention once the clauses are accounted for.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Odd that logic and facts get to be prognosticated as such by the person stating the case. To what facts are you referring to? That Shattenkirk has 24 points? Agreed.
Keep digging your heels in. Not like you are making yourself look silly or anything.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I don't think Shattenkirk is too movable without retention until his bonus is paid out July 1, 2020.

Eh I don't know.

Its impossible to know if Shattenkirk wants to move or who he would submit on his NTC list, but just looking at the numbers I dont think a 6.65m cap hit with 6.6m in '19-'20 salary and 4m (2m SB and 2m base) in '20-'21 is really that much considering the term is only 2 years.

Moving a player with that hit mid-year is always tough without retaining or taking salary back but its different in the summer. Teams looking to add D might be happier adding an inflated cap hit over adding 2 or 3 (or more) years in term.

Reactions: Thirty One

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Guy has reached Redden level bad.You never go full Redden.Those 2 turnovers last night to the front of the net to avoid taking a hit were comical.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
After about a full year of this, his defense is pretty much what I expected. Not great, but not as bad as everyone says it is.

His offense has been spectacularly disappointing.

Reactions: TheTakedown and Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He had a major knee injury @Machinehead and not been the same player since then - his offense was much better before the surgery with AV for sure. I remember MSL was not himself late in his career after he had knee injury. I don`t compare those two players, but injuries can be part of the reason as well.

Reactions: Machinehead

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
We got a glimpse. He had 5 goals and 12 assists in his first 18 games and looked every bit that good. He's looked progressively fatter and slower since then. By his own account his knee affected his ability to work out. He's had 2 goals and 28 assists in 89 games since then. Quinn says he's trying to get him to "play fast" like he used to. Issue with that is that he isn't the same speed that he used to be. It's a different game when you don't have the speed to create some space to make decisions at your pace.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
It's ok. Not like you have produced the "fact" you are discussing when asked about it.
yawn.... you can keep swinging and missing but the reality is players who don't get to play a full season don't get judged on their points per game for that season. they get judged on pace. Shatty is on pace for 30+ points but you love only pointing out his current points. Its a shitty sales trick down by people with a solid argument. You know your shit doesnt hold water but keep screaming about it because you don't like shatty. Thats fine. But as I stated before and several other people have hinted at quoting you... we don't take you serious.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
yawn.... you can keep swinging and missing
Mmmm....how about the facts?
but the reality is players who don't get to play a full season don't get judged on their points per game for that season. they get judged on pace.
Not really. Judging players by extrapolated amounts tends to produce extrapolated results.
Shatty is on pace for 30+ points but you love only pointing out his current points. Its a ****ty sales trick down by people with a solid argument.
Reality is reality. Claiming that someone would do something and then judging them by the something that has not actually occurred but that you believe would occur makes for a pretty porous defense.
You know your **** doesnt hold water but keep screaming about it because you don't like shatty.
Oh, my favorite by far. When unable to construct a credible debate, we fall back to "You just don't like him".
Thats fine. But as I stated before and several other people have hinted at quoting you... we don't take you serious.
You and your "we" can continue doing as you wish. Whatever makes you feel good.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
yawn.... you can keep swinging and missing but the reality is players who don't get to play a full season don't get judged on their points per game for that season. they get judged on pace. Shatty is on pace for 30+ points but you love only pointing out his current points. Its a ****ty sales trick down by people with a solid argument. You know your **** doesnt hold water but keep screaming about it because you don't like shatty. Thats fine. But as I stated before and several other people have hinted at quoting you... we don't take you serious.

Shattenkirk also has never played 82 games and has hit 40+ points every season except for the years he's been with NYR.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00