Player Discussion Kevin Rooney Signs for 2 years, 1.3m AAV

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Poking around a little more, it seems like he's a Lewis/Hathaway/Jarnkrok comparable.

Bizarrely, I wonder if this will be a contract comparable to lock up Jarnkrok at lower than 2 mil AAV.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
NMlH7aE.gif

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers fan coming in:

Rooney is exactly what you’d imagine the most average 4C to be. He was solid last season, was completely invisible this season but had an ok playoffs in the limited games he did get

Seems like a decent guy at least

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Excellent signing. So every Flames fan here seemingly wants to re-build yet you guys hate this signing?

This guy is a bum, this helps the Flames being a shit team.

Reactions: Volica

radioactivenuts

Jan 9, 2020
I am starting to think Brad has something on the owners. Something like a party with hooker, and they are too worried to loose their money to their then ex-wifes.

That dude is such a garbage GM. I hope we get a situation like the redwings with Yzerman. Idealy with Iggy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'll leave my feelings about this player until we see what coach Sutter wants from him.
If there's anything we should be able to agree on, was Sutter's ability to elevate NHL plugs. I mean, Erik Gudbranson and Zadorov just parlayed their year with coach Sutter into 23.5 million dollars between them.

Guys, we really don't want our young guys coming in and playing 4th C roles. I want guys like Pelletier to come in and be top 9 forwards; I want guys like Phillips to be top 9 guys. I don't want them grinding on the 4th line because we know that's what Sutter's going to want from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad