:panthers13. Spencer Knight
:coyotes14. Arthur Kaliyev
:habs15. Philip Broberg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't see the Oilers picking Boldy at 8. Zegras or Krebs would probably be our pick.
Weird that you don't know your own team. Boldy makes the most sense.

Stat watchers like Zegras more, but eye test suggests that Boldy is better.

Krebs is certainly an option for the Oilers, but I'm taking into consideration that he isn't ranked as high and he has slid out of the top 10 on Bob's list.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

Krebs is certainly an option for the Oilers, but I'm taking into consideration that he isn't ranked as high and he has slid out of the top 10 on Bob's list.
I know my team a lot better than you do. No need to get hostile.

The misconception among non-Oilers fans about our team is that we need a finisher to play with McDavid. McDavid and Draisaitl have already got unreal chemistry and make up an incredible top-line. The issue is everyone behind them. We need someone that can drive the 2nd line with Nuge, and both Krebs and Zegras are better options for that than Boldy.

Reactions: McKappa

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

He does know his team. I would also prefer Zegras and Krebs over Boldy.
For some reason I think that we would know more about the Oilers needs than a Blackhawks fan.

spfan

May 4, 2009
I think Boldy makes more sense for EDM. Zegras and Krebs are good players too.
EDM is a tricky team. Do you go McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH all down the middle? Have 1 of them on McDavid's wing?
What's the long term for Puljujarvi, Yamamoto?

FLA could use a goalie, but they may end up getting Bobrovsky.
And it's a pretty big gamble to take a goalie at 13th. Especially with huge needs on defense still.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I think Boldy makes more sense for EDM. Zegras and Krebs are good players too.
EDM is a tricky team. Do you go McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH all down the middle? Have 1 of them on McDavid's wing?
What's the long term for Puljujarvi, Yamamoto?

And it's a pretty big gamble to take a goalie at 13th. Especially with huge needs on defense still.
McDavid with Draisaitl is probably the long-term plan.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Love that picks for the Habs, I think he's my number one at 15. Either him or Harley.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Even if they acquire Bob, Knight is still a few years away. Then when he hits the NHL it'll be as a back up and by the time he's ready to be a starter, Bob might be ready to step down into a back up role.

The timeline would work out very well.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Good pick for Montreal. I really like Heinola as well but honestly one of Heinola, Broberg, Soderstrom, York, or Harley and I’m happy.
Heinola is definitely possible (I like him more than Broberg), but I'm taking into consideration that Broberg is seen as the better player by most outlets.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Even if they acquire Bob, Knight is still a few years away. Then when he hits the NHL it'll be as a back up and by the time he's ready to be a starter, Bob might be ready to step down into a back up role.

The timeline would work out very well.

I get that, but I still think that's early for a goalie.
And with big needs on defense.

Vasilevsky was the only real recent goalie taken in the 1st round to have success and even then it was 19th overall, not quite 13th. And TBL weren't in the same situation as FLA.

Oettinger was taken 26th. Again, still quite a bit later. And who knows how he'll turn out.

Goalies are just so hit and miss. You're basically just as likely to get a gem later in the draft.
And the drafts have really moved away from goalies going early too. 15 years ago, it wasn't uncommon for a goalie to go in the top 10 and a lot of them were busts.

Nothing against Knight, but I just think it's too much of a gamble that early. Especially with FLA having glaring needs on defense.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Broberg`s not bad for the Habs but would much prefer Heinola, Harley, Newhook or Caufield.

As for the rest, really dont think Turcotte would go before Cozens and Dach but that`s just me.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So then you want Boldy.

No.

I am not sure why you keep pushing Boldy on us . We are not picking him . I could see us picking a C to replace RNH once he is ready . RNH would probably be traded for a winger and picks . I can not see us giving RNH a raise on his 6 million and that will be the deciding factor

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i don't see my mn wild picking another D man when our needs are C ; RW ; speed. i can see kaliyev ; newhook ; caufield ; brink ; lavoie. just my one cent
Teams picking this high tend to draft for BPA, not based on needs, and York tends to be higher ranked than those that you listed.

That being said, you make a totally valid argument and I could see them being tempted to pick a player like Caufield or Brink (both of which I really like).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad