Player Discussion Kevin Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
those who rag on kevin klein for sucking are misguided, i cannot wait until macilrath takes a regular shift.

hes gonna make klein look like chris pronger.

klein is a terrific 3rd pair dman on a cap friendly deal acquired for a party boy who skated in mudd and had exactly zero value when we moved him. we turned a turd into a useful player.

this place sometimes :shakehead

No NHLer would make Klein look like Pronger.

In what world is paying you 6th best dman (worst dman) 3M a year a cap friendly deal?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
No NHLer would make Klein look like Pronger.

In what world is paying you 6th best dman (worst dman) 3M a year a cap friendly deal?

correct. no nhl'er. i also said mcilrath. zing. :naughty:

this defense is pretty good, so temper the attempt to lessen the skills of kk. klein isnt a 6th man on most defenses in this league right now today. and you know that.

dude played up and down the lineup last season and outplayed our captain for long stretches. he sucked in the playoffs, like everyone else.

given the deals being handed out to marginal dmen in this league, kleins is pretty good comparatively.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
correct. no nhl'er. i also said mcilrath. zing. :naughty:

this defense is pretty good, so temper the attempt to lessen the skills of kk. klein isnt a 6th man on most defenses in this league right now today. and you know that.

dude played up and down the lineup last season and outplayed our captain for long stretches. he sucked in the playoffs, like everyone else.

given the deals being handed out to marginal dmen in this league, kleins is pretty good comparatively.

Man was still hurt in the playoffs and definitely never recovered fully. This year he's proving that he is our most consistent dman. Thank goodness we didn't trade him

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man was still hurt in the playoffs and definitely never recovered fully. This year he's proving that he is our most consistent dman. Thank goodness we didn't trade him

I think Yandle's had a better season so far.

So far

1. Yandle
2. Klein
T3. Boyle/Girardi(Girardi's been very good the last few games)
5. McDonagh
6. Staal

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

So far

1. Yandle
2. Klein

Yandle has been better offensively, as expected; but Klein has absolutely been better defensively. I couldn't choose between the two in regards to importance to the team right now. Yandle's passing and offensive awareness is very much needed. Klein's defense has been huge compared to the rest of our D corps.

Sadly, Klein is only on pace for about 16 points this year, which is 10 fewer than he accumulated in only 65 games last season. It doesn't bother me, though. His D has been that good - and once our top 6 starts scoring more regularly, Klein will grab plenty of assists.

Love both of these guys.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

So far

1. Yandle
2. Klein
T3. Boyle/Girardi(Girardi's been very good the last few games)
5. McDonagh
6. Staal

I think him not playing on the top pair (against top talent) has done wonders for him. He has looked much more confident out there.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Wanted him moved in the offseason. Cap Reasons among the fact he seemed buried on the chart for 3.0 mil, but boy has he been great this year. Hope he keeps it up.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Kevin Klein is the Rangers' best possession player 11 games in.

He's been great on the top pairing and deserves to be there again after this Washington game.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Never would have expected this. Hopefully it is not a fluke.

If this is not a fluke, the Rangers are in a realllyyyyy good spot.

There was his hot start last year, and then there's this. Like, he's been legitimately amazing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The sample size is 329 total Corsi Events. If we go back to when Klein was inserted into the top pair, the sample size is 189 total Events and he is a 53% player since that time.

Time till well if it truly is a fluke.

Also, Klein has contributed 16 individual shot attempts on the season thus far and 11 of them have come from the time after he became #2 alongside Mac. Hopefully he can continue to contribute individually to his own CF% like he has with McDonagh thus far and score goals like he did last year. If Danny Girardi can score 10G's, KK probably can.

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
A nifty little backhand from Klein to Nash began the rush on Zuuc's second goal vs. Toronto.

Girardi would have hurriedly cleared it.

Start McD-Klein vs. Caps please.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
In just 11 games, Kevin Klein is a +55.74 in dCorsi impact. Which is nothing short of amazing. Only two NHL'ers are ahead of him for the year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm glad you have come to your senses. :)

I hope everyone who criticized Klein for being overpaid and a terrible dman have come their senses. Just like I've come to my senses that Dan girardi In no way is a top dman particularly on a team that's competing for a cup.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
what does this mean?

dcorsi is a form of corsi which compensates for variables such as role, opponents, and teammates. It's a little more complicated than just shot attempts and it has a big formula.

Since it's algebraic in nature and not something you see right in front of you on the ice, it's not my favorite. That being said, I pay attention to extreme cases.

+55.74 11 games in is extreme.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Can't believe there are still people hating on KK or want him dealt. Face it guys he's been great for over a year now. Yes, a year. He already played amazing last year around this time. Then he broke his arm! People seemed to have completely ignored that. "Oh he sucked after the injury blabla" No **** Sherlock! It's not like he's a soccer player that doesn't need his arm. He's a d-man in icehockey.

His wrister yesterday was nothing short of a snipe. Loved it.

He's one of our best, if not the best contract on the team at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad