Injury Report: Kevin Hayes: fluid drained from adductor (Jan. 18); likely to play today (Mar. 5 upd.)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Why? If they do a fire sale at the TDL, cap room won't be an issue next season.
And if you shut down Hayes and get him healthy, he's a legitimate 2C, which allows you to bring Frost along slowly as the 3C.
Hayes may be overpaid, but when healthy he's still a solid player.
Not anymore with this injuries and surgeries. And before he was borderline useful. Lets not go overboard with his body of work for us the last 1,5 years

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Fletcher said Hayes is 50/50 to return this season, and might need another surgery (Source: Meltzer)

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Am I the only one that finds this highly illogical?

Like, there's so much ground between 'needs another surgery' and 'returns to play'.

How are those the 2 options?
It depends on the injury really. Some can be temporarily dealt with during the season delaying surgery until the off-season.

Is this one of those times? Probably not because the Flyers are clueless

Reactions: philly_28

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
It depends on the injury really. Some can be temporarily dealt with during the season delaying surgery until the off-season.

Yeah, I guess it does make some sense. I probably just read it through the lens of the Flyers' track record of totally f***ing these things up.

Last edited:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

This is one of the many parts of their rhetoric I hate. Remove our generally negative assessment of the player—this is a wasted season. If there is even a small chance he requires surgery to get this fixed, shut him down.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is one of the many parts of their rhetoric I hate. Remove our generally negative assessment of the player—this is a wasted season. If there is even a small chance he requires surgery to get this fixed, shut him down.

Yeah but think about how gritty it would be if he played through it! That's all they care about.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

Rasmus Ristolainen out vs. Penguins; Flyers provide updates on Kevin Hayes, Derick Brassard

Hayes is out for the second time this season. After returning from abdominal surgery on Nov. 13, he had to have fluid drained from his adductor on Jan. 18 and initially was given a 3-4 week recovery time frame. He had not practiced since. Yeo said the Flyers expect to make a decision about whether or not Hayes will be shut down for the season on March 1.​

Mayhew's injury has been added to the multiple player injury report thread. Comments can be presented there.

Last edited:

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Will Couturier, Hayes and Ellis ever play again? That's an amazing cap total for those 3. Flyers amaze in the worst ways. I feel dirty and gross just talking about it. Blech

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Rasmus Ristolainen out vs. Penguins; Flyers provide updates on Kevin Hayes, Derick Brassard

Hayes is out for the second time this season. After returning from abdominal surgery on Nov. 13, he had to have fluid drained from his adductor on Jan. 18 and initially was given a 3-4 week recovery time frame. He had not practiced since. Yeo said the Flyers expect to make a decision about whether or not Hayes will be shut down for the season on March 1.​

Mayhew's injury has been added to the multiple player injury report thread. Comments can be presented there.

Since when was York injured?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad