Signing(s): Kevin Gausman signs with the Blue Jays (5 years, $110 million)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I was surprised anyone bought into that fluke season by Gausman. He's probably going to go right back to being a mid to high 4s ERA guy now

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was surprised anyone bought into that fluke season by Gausman. He's probably going to go right back to being a mid to high 4s ERA guy now

He was great last year but he also had good stats the year before and also with the Reds in 2019. Before that he was super Jekyll and Hyde.

Guys got an electric arm though. Maybe if he’s figured out some consistency it could be a great contract. Only 30 so still should get some good years out of him.

Reactions: Thucydides

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Some guys figure it out late. Maybe he is one of those.

If not, welp...

Basically, my thoughts

I do wonder if he regresses away from Giants coaching. Pitchers can fall back into bad habits/issues real quick without someone to keep them on top of things/focused

Certainly not a guy I would have signed to a contract like this

Reactions: Voight

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Basically, my thoughts

I do wonder if he regresses away from Giants coaching. Pitchers can fall back into bad habits/issues real quick without someone to keep them on top of things/focused

Pete walker is very respected pitching coach. he completely fixed Robbie Ray and pitchers love working with him.

Gausman probably a 3.5-4.00 era type in the al east but that’s just fine with the jays offense. Jays don’t really need him to be an ace.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Basically, my thoughts

Because Walker is an awful pitching coach

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I like it for the Jays, and don’t mind SF passing on it. They got 2 very good years from Gausman for relatively cheap.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah I can't see the Jays being interested in another long term deal for a pitcher. Someone like Rodon though on a 1 or 2 year deal? We should be all over that. Berrios,Gausman,Manoah,Ryu,Rodon would be a nasty rotation. Have Stripling and Pearson as depth behind it as well.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I would think so, unless they want a 100 million dollar rotation.

star-wars-do-it.gif

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Wonder what Ray signs for, he must've wanted waaaaaay more than this.

Not that they have comparable resumes but with what Scherzer just got from the Mets, I'm sure Ray as the reigning AL Cy Young winner must be licking his chops. Someone's gonna pay up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad