Kevan Miller vs. Joe Vitale

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
I bet Vitale wishes he never got involved in the whole scrum in the corner there between Eckman-Larsson and Hayes.

Yikes.....:help:

Miller = very tough, strong fighter, solid in control punches! Not many great fighters come out of the college ranks, very impressive! Only a few fights in short NHL career and this makes the 2nd fight were his opponent didnt return to ice.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Miller held up at the end there when he could have totally ended Vitale with a Finish Him uppercut.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Miller trains in MMA. After Chara he is probably the strongest player on the team.

I was glad to see Miller recognize that Vitale was in LA-LA land and stopped swinging.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
As soon as I saw Vitale take that grip on the middle of the Bigger and stronger Millers collar I knew he was in for a beating. Either Vitale can really eat some punches or he was just out on his feet once Miller exploded his helmet and face shield.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I wish it was Brad Richardson who was fighting Miller instead of Vitale. Am I the only person who thinks he's a fake tough guy? Massive spot-picker as well. This the same guy who fought Matt Stajan, and kept throwing punches at him while he was down on the ice.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Vitale got fed.

That being said, I don't know why NESN are saying he is a fighter.

Vitale is a decent fighter but he's probably 5'10 and Miller is 6'2, so that reach is always going to be hard to counteract especially when Miller is a guy who knows how to fight.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I wish it was Brad Richardson who was fighting Miller instead of Vitale. Am I the only person who thinks he's a fake tough guy? Massive spot-picker as well. This the same guy who fought Matt Stajan, and kept throwing punches at him while he was down on the ice.

Miller is not fake tough.

If Vitale weren't an absolute idiot and jumped in on what was already a 2 on 1 (definition of a fake tough guy, even Greg Campbell beat him up), this never happens.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Not sure why people are saying Miller is a spot picker yada yada, do some research he is not that at all.

Vitale should have stopped messing with Miller early on because it appears Vitale drops his gloves and gives Miller a couple shot and then Miller just wears him out.

Miller is a legit tough cruiser weight and has put several guys down. I give JV top marks for not going down after that last shot. Just brutal...

(edit) BTW it appears that Richardson knew who Miller was, he wanted to no part of Miller.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I stated how Brad Richardson is a spot-picker/fake tough guy, not Kevan Miller. Should have made that clear. I'm a fan of Miller and how he plays the game.

When I watched the Canucks last season; it annoyed me how often Richardson run his mouth. Not a coincidence he would be tied up with a non-fighter whenever scrums occur. Being a spot-picker isn't necessary bad. It's just a part of the game that grinds my gears and I personally hate it.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
that last punch was nasty. props to Vitale because I'd have probably dropped like a leaf after that last one..

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Hate it for Vitale. Never enjoy seeing someone get really hurt - but Miller did not seek him out.

Props to Millar for letting up.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
Vitale instigated that to no end and got fed. Kudos to Miller for not permanently rearranging Vitale's face.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Kevan Miller is an animal! The guy is a methodical striker, and he punches with some power.

I feel bad Vitale is injured, but he shouldn't have started throwing with someone he couldn't hang with.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hate the Bruins so I hate miller...but seriously that's a guy I'd love of my team. Very effective at what he does as a small role player, I'd argue he's among the best middle weight fighters in the league. So long as his opponent isn't 2 or 3 inches taller or a gel it heavy I think he can hang with anyone. Would love to see Gazdic ' s jaw and endurance vs miller's strategic approach.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I like Miller's toughness but I just hate how he spells his name Kevan. Makes me get confused and almost type Kevin Millar every time, who also has a Boston history.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I'm surprised Vitale was still on his feet at the end. I'll give him props for taking that beating and putting up a fight.

Kudos to Miller for stopping. Could have destroyed Vitale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad