Line Combos: Kessel-Bozak-Van Riemsdyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluejaysfan*

I want Kessel to hit 90 points and JVR to hit 70 from a pure selfish point of view and they are both on pace to do so. Despite his criticism, I have actually liked what I have seen from Lupul after the break, looks dangerous offensively when he has room. If he can get his game going, it will act as a catalyst for Kadri too. Having JVR, Kessel, Kadri and Lupul all at their best will be huge come playoff time.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Bozak line is on an incredible tear since Dec 29 when Bozie came back from LTIR.

After Game 62:

Kessel 34 points, 21 games
Bozak 22 points, 21 games
JVR 23 points, 21 games

That's 79 points in the last 21 games. Remarkable production.

We are a 1 line team.
Is our 1st line so good that if the other 3 lines were built like Boston's Chris Kelly line would we be a better team?
3 lines that were very hard to score against and every few minutes the 1st line comes out to wreak havoc? Improve the backend and are we better?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We are a 1 line team.
Is our 1st line so good that if the other 3 lines were built like Boston's Chris Kelly line would we be a better team?
3 lines that were very hard to score against and every few minutes the 1st line comes out to wreak havoc? Improve the backend and are we better?

We need a solid #2 line. Nothing has really worked this year. Lupul and Kadri just haven't found their former chemistry, Kadri is not skating, he looks out of shape at times. Gary Roberts? Lupul is playing like a shell of last year. Clarkson can't get going with Kadri, Mcclement, or Smith. Bolland may have been his Center, hopefully back soon. I do like him with Kule.

We have the pieces, just the wrong matches/chemistry from the #2 line and down.I would be happy with a #2 line with 50PPG paces, but not at -10 and more.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We need a solid #2 line. Nothing has really worked this year. Lupul and Kadri just haven't found their former chemistry, Kadri is not skating, he looks out of shape at times. Gary Roberts? Lupul is playing like a shell of last year. Clarkson can't get going with Kadri, Mcclement, or Smith. Bolland may have been his Center, hopefully back soon. I do like him with Kule.

We have the pieces, just the wrong matches/chemistry from the #2 line and down.I would be happy with a #2 line with 50PPG paces, but not at -10 and more.

The second line had been playing fine with Kules. Clarkson tends to disrupt their productivity tbh.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I want Kessel to hit 90 points and JVR to hit 70 from a pure selfish point of view and they are both on pace to do so. Despite his criticism, I have actually liked what I have seen from Lupul after the break, looks dangerous offensively when he has room. If he can get his game going, it will act as a catalyst for Kadri too. Having JVR, Kessel, Kadri and Lupul all at their best will be huge come playoff time.

This, and JVR to finish top 10 in goals. Right now he's 13th.

10. Steen 28
11. Kane 27
12. Kunitz 27
13. JVR 26

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Best line in hockey.

Rest of the team is garbage.

You take JVR/Bozak/Kessel and put them on NJ,Nashville,Phoenix and that team is miles ahead better than us. Why? There is your answer, not superstars throughout your lineup. Build accordingly.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
#1 line has looked tired of late since the West Coast trip.

Bozak 8 points in 12 games
Kessel 7 points in 12 games
JVR 6 points in 12 games

Not bad totals if this was our #2 line, but for a line that has carried this team this year. We need them to be better.

Let's see what they have the last 5 games of the season.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I'm going to be in the minority here but since we are stuck with Clarkson, why not put him in a similar situation to the one he was in on NJ. Play him with Kessel. I already know that people are going to complain that he doesn't deserve it and I'd be the first to agree with them but we need to spread things out.

Clarkson Bozak Kessel
Clarkson does nothing but go to the net

JVR Bolland Lupul
A very solid second line

Raymond Kadri Ashton
See if the kids have any chemistry together against isolated opponants

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm going to be in the minority here but since we are stuck with Clarkson, why not put him in a similar situation to the one he was in on NJ. Play him with Kessel. I already know that people are going to complain that he doesn't deserve it and I'd be the first to agree with them but we need to spread things out.

Clarkson Bozak Kessel
Clarkson does nothing but go to the net

JVR Bolland Lupul
A very solid second line

Raymond Kadri Ashton
See if the kids have any chemistry together against isolated opponants

Nothing to lose at this point, and this is probably something that you are going to see at least temporarily moving forward - he will get his shot with more skilled guys like Kessel at some point. Probably next season under a new coach.

Right now though, with the points so crucial and Carlyle just not trusting the guy, I highly doubt you are going to see that sort of setup.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Nothing to lose at this point, and this is probably something that you are going to see at least temporarily moving forward - he will get his shot with more skilled guys like Kes. l at soe point. Probably next season under a new coach.

Right now though, with the points so crucial and Carlyle just not trusting the guy, I highly doubt you are going to see that sort of setup.

More than anything, I'd really like to see Ashton get the opportunity to play with Kadri. He deserves some playing time with skilled linemates with the way that he's been proving himself in the A. Once we're officially eliminated, I really hope that they give him an opportunity over UFA'S that they don't plan on re-signing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
They were better last night, but still can be better in my opinion.

2 goals, 4 points, a combined +6 and a win. This has been the recipe for this team this year.

I think Kessel is hurting, he is not shooting as much of late.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At 15:00 of the video. Behind the scenes of the ASUS commercial of Toronto's #1 line.

Shows Another side of the guys behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce