Confirmed with Link: Kessel, 2nd, Biggs, Erixon → Kapanen, Harrington, Spaling, 1st, 3rd | Leafs eat $1.2M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
i am a little worried about the well-documented problems between kessel's mother and crosby. i could envision a very messy situation between phil's mom and troy crosby.

When are these people getting together for messy situations to occur? Crosby and Kessel aren't teenagers under their parent's care anymore, they're grown men in their late 20s. They handle their own ****.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
i am a little worried about the well-documented problems between kessel's mother and crosby. i could envision a very messy situation between phil's mom and troy crosby.

I am less worried about this than I am about Kessel being a locker room cancer. And I am not at all worried about him being a locker room cancer.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Is there a link to this? That's hilarious :laugh:

It's in the past, mom once taunted Crosby who responded by scoring right away, there's nothing to it anymore. Kessel & Crosby already know eachother from confrontations & all-stars, they'll get along just fine.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
You look at what Naslund did before he was traded. Now would you trade him for that unknown again?

No you can't justify trading a 50/60 point guy for grit.

You would get slapped silly for even mentioning it.

IIRC stoja was a top 10 draft pick by the canucks. he wound up just being a good, but potential was there for much more

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Winning cures all. Kessel is a remedy to the lack of winning. He'll be fine.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He's come around leaps and bounds since then.

Social skills? The Pens have been to three Winter Classics? Other than an old timers game, we didn't hear much from the owner about it. Its not that big a deal.

I wish players would shut up half the time anyway.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The whole idea of Kessel actually being a Penguin is still pretty surreal.

Was literally about to post the same. I'm about to fall asleep, and I think I'm going to wake up and it not be real.

It's too good to be true.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The whole idea of Kessel actually being a Penguin is still pretty surreal.

It truly is.
Never, ever thought it was possible given Kessel's 8M dollar cap hit.
For me, it was always, yea Kessel would be awesome but we'd have to trade Letang for him to make it fit.

Then you have all this money coming off the books at the conclusion of this season and the knowledge that Kessel will probably be shipped out. Thats really when the tide started to turn. I've stated this before but, praise JR for not tying up a ton of cash in last summers FA'y and for not panicking and locking up Martin/Erhoff during the season.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
So PK is socially awkward and lacks leadership abilities. But goddamn can he skate, pass, and shoot the puck. And really, that's all we need him to do. It would be nice if exposure to guys like Crosby/Letang/Dupuis causes him to up his fitness game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Besides, this whole dichotomy between his elite hockey skill and his odd persona (including questionable fitness) is what makes him such a rich source of memes. And that...that's gold!

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
It truly is.
Never, ever thought it was possible given Kessel's 8M dollar cap hit.
For me, it was always, yea Kessel would be awesome but we'd have to trade Letang for him to make it fit.

Then you have all this money coming off the books at the conclusion of this season and the knowledge that Kessel will probably be shipped out. Thats really when the tide started to turn. I've stated this before but, praise JR for not tying up a ton of cash in last summers FA'y, for not panicking and locking up Martin/Erhoff during the season.
Those 1 year deals were smart. Still not sure we needed Ehrhoff, but at least the mistake was limited in scope and won't burn us going forward.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So my take away from that garbage is:

Lovejoy gives great interview.

Kessel apparently does not.

Which do I want on my team?

Let me think on that one a nanosecond.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The first time Crosby sees this

phil-kessel-good-goal-o.gif

Instead of this
bigwhiffa.gif

He will want to name his children Kessel.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
MOD NOTICE: STAY ON TOPIC.

Whose mom said what? GMAFB guys. I know no harm was intended but that's ridiculous to even bring that up. WHO GIVES A ****? We weren't all converted into TOR media overnight without realizing it, were we? Because that would suck. :laugh:

The guy hasn't been here 48 hours and already we're so bored we're digging this kind of BS up? STOP. This is not a media thread or a gossip thread. End of story.

Feel the thrill of the Phil. More GIFs, more goals, more first children named Phil. Even the girls would get the treatment: Phillis, Philamena, Phileesta... the possibilities are endless.

If he scores 50 I'm naming my next dog Kessel.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
leafs fan coming in peace..

I for one am very happy you have gotten kessel. I was around when we had no one tossing pucks to clark. when sundin didn't have a wing. kessel with his third line center..

Ive always believed if you give kessel a good center we shall see how great he will be.

my question is ... if he turns out to be as great as I think hes gonna be ... min of 40/40 who will center him... more likely gio? I was thinking about that. crosbyl has hornvquist right.?

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
leafs fan coming in peace..

I for one am very happy you have gotten kessel. I was around when we had no one tossing pucks to clark. when sundin didn't have a wing. kessel with his third line center..

Ive always believed if you give kessel a good center we shall see how great he will be.

my question is ... if he turns out to be as great as I think hes gonna be ... min of 40/40 who will center him... more likely gio? I was thinking about that. crosbyl has hornvquist right.?

Who knows for sure?

It sounds like JR and MJ want to give Sid and Geno set wings for as long as possible to develop a rhythm with. I think JR hinted that Crosby would be tried with Kessel first. But they likely try him with the Malkin line at some point as well.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Who knows for sure?

It sounds like JR and MJ want to give Sid and Geno set wings for as long as possible to develop a rhythm with. I think JR hinted that Crosby would be tried with Kessel first. But they likely try him with the Malkin line at some point as well.

I will be very happy if you guys win the president cup with that offence. its sick to think of either feeding kessel. I believe with this set up he might finally get the recognition he deserves as one of the top 3 scoring wingers in the game..
heres to your season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad