Ken McRoberts Mock Draft

Ken McRoberts

May 23, 2013
goat26.png

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I particularly like the Devils jersey. What does everyone think of these picks? Or is everyone still going "who?" Because the draft guides haven't arrived yet? To be honest I still don't know a lot about the players outside the top ten (had too look up Hagg 'cause I hadn't even heard of him yet and he's picked at ten here)

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I particularly like the Devils jersey. What does everyone think of these picks? Or is everyone still going "who?" Because the draft guides haven't arrived yet? To be honest I still don't know a lot about the players outside the top ten (had too look up Hagg 'cause I hadn't even heard of him yet and he's picked at ten here)

Me personally, Petan a bit high. Domi a bit low. Gauthier too low. Horvat potentially a bit high... but not by much. The exemption of Theodore and Mantha notable. Overall a good job though!

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Me personally, Petan a bit high. Domi a bit low. Gauthier too low. Horvat potentially a bit high... but not by much. The exemption of Theodore and Mantha notable. Overall a good job though!

Based on the current rankings, Petan high, and Mantha as an omission are probably the biggest. But after #7 or #8, it really becomes a bit of a crap shoot. I suspect come the real draft, there will be some major surprises in the 9-14 range, and also some surprises on who drops to the 25-40 range. Pretty fluid after #8 or so, and NHL teams always surprise us a lot more than the draftniks and 'mockers' ever do.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Based on the current rankings, Petan high, and Mantha as an omission are probably the biggest. But after #7 or #8, it really becomes a bit of a crap shoot. I suspect come the real draft, there will be some major surprises in the 9-14 range, and also some surprises on who drops to the 25-40 range. Pretty fluid after #8 or so, and NHL teams always surprise us a lot more than the draftniks and 'mockers' ever do.

Quite true. I just feel like Domi has done a hell of a lot to help his cause this postseason. I can't see him dropping out of the Top 15 picks. I think it's even possible for him to go even higher. Gauthier is perhaps one of the most unique guys in this draft but didn't show well in the playoffs. Still being mid to late 20's .... I don't know. I feel like somebody looks at him and sees a lot there.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Quite true. I just feel like Domi has done a hell of a lot to help his cause this postseason. I can't see him dropping out of the Top 15 picks. I think it's even possible for him to go even higher. Gauthier is perhaps one of the most unique guys in this draft but didn't show well in the playoffs. Still being mid to late 20's .... I don't know. I feel like somebody looks at him and sees a lot there.

Yeah, Domi could easily go 9 or 10. Upside is right up there, and that stocky frame will translate well to the pros most likely. Some teams might even have him ahead of Monahan and Lindholm.

Gauthier is a tougher one for me, because I don't see the upside. Figure he'll be a safe pick to be a decent two-way forward, but not sure he'll ever play in the top 6.

Of course, all of this could be just a disinformation campaign to try and hide my true intentions (not that any of you care!).

On a more serious note, the Blues will definitely consider trading down from their #1 pick under certain scenarios, so if a team has an early 2nd rounder and wants to jump into the 1st, you may have a dance partner come draft day.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

Even at 8 I have no idea who I will take. If Nichushin, Nurse, Shinkaruk, Horvat are all on the board I could honestly take any of them.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Even at 8 I have no idea who I will take. If Nichushin, Nurse, Shinkaruk, Horvat are all on the board I could honestly take any of them.

Brock has been raving about Horvat. I don't know if he has been sniffing around anybody in that range, but it wouldn't shock me to see him try to finagle a way into range to snag him. He has the ammunition... but he drafts well all over the board. No need to give up too many assets to climb into a strong selection like the rest of us plebeians.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock has been raving about Horvat. I don't know if he has been sniffing around anybody in that range, but it wouldn't shock me to see him try to finagle a way into range to snag him. He has the ammunition... but he drafts well all over the board. No need to give up too many assets to climb into a strong selection like the rest of us plebeians.

:D Maybe. It'll all depend on the outcome of the Flyers/Devils series. Devils win, I pick 16th with the Philly 1st. Flyers win, I pick somewhere between 27-30 with the Flyers pick.

If I end up with 2 picks in the 27-30 range, I could end up trading up, or down depending on whether the guys I like are there or not.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
:D Maybe. It'll all depend on the outcome of the Flyers/Devils series. Devils win, I pick 16th with the Philly 1st. Flyers win, I pick somewhere between 27-30 with the Flyers pick.

If I end up with 2 picks in the 27-30 range, I could end up trading up, or down depending on whether the guys I like are there or not.

Flyers advance. Bad news for your possible 16th pick. Depending on who's there I have a bunch of 2nds and might like to move up. In addition to my move into the top 3 ;)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

Was the 16th pick even possible? I thought I had that locked up after the 1st round of the playoffs. 15-22 would've been decided after round 1 with 23-26 being decided after this round.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

As for the results here...I hadn't heard of Bowey before seeing his name on the back of a Lightning jersey here. Where is my draft guide?!?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Was the 16th pick even possible? I thought I had that locked up after the 1st round of the playoffs. 15-22 would've been decided after round 1 with 23-26 being decided after this round.

Only 27-30 are decided by the outcome of the playoffs (at least that's the way we've always done it and the way I've always interpreted the rules).

27-28 are the Eastern and Western finalists
29 is the Stanley Cup finalist
30 is the Stanley Cup champion

Then 15-26 are just based on the regular season standings.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad