Ken Holland To Columbus?

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Yes!
Bring Torts back as well, and get Dubinsky more involved.

The proud CBJ tradition must live on!
687219.gif

Reactions: randywoodsghost

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Bouchard bridge looks like a huge mistake, man. He's going to get 9.5+ at very least on his new deal. Could have had him for 4-5 years at 4-5 million if we'd gone longer term.
I think he will take a good deal around 8.5-9M

Bouchard would have to be an idiot if he signed 4.5M x 4

He just had a ppg+ playoffs and got the PP1 spot once barrie was dealt

To get a 5 year deal you would be looking at numbers which wouldnt work for this year for oilers

Reactions: 11Messier

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Holland as a fill in until they feel Nash is ready for the GM job would be my guess.

Certainly not thrilled, but considering the other names tied to the job, if he just keeps Ville Siren and let's Siren keep doing his job, I'm mostly fine with it.

Reactions: Voight

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think hes gets a worse rap than he deserves. He’s done more good than bad.

That being said, the drafting under Holland/Wright has been terrible. I also don’t love how he handled young players coming up.

With Columbus main guys drafted, there are probably worse picks than Holland. I wouldn’t trust his drafting with Columbus still drafting high though. But he should just retire imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He has done some nice things

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse
3. Not getting value for Yamamoto
4. Drafting + Development of Holloway, Borberg, Lavoie, Bourgueult etc

Not as bad as ppl pretend he is, but at his age he should just retire. f*** working
1. I agree though I didn’t think he’d be wasting away in the AHL.

2. I agree but wouldn’t too bad if 2mill less.

3. He had little value.

4. More so on scouting department then Ken. Oilers scouting has been terrible for years.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's not about the money the guy obviously loves what he does. Everyone posting here would do the same.

yeah i'm sure it's hard work but being a GM of a professional sports team is a bit different than a "normal" job, especially since most of the people who make it that far probably also love being involved in the sport in general to begin with

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

That being said, the drafting under Holland/Wright has been terrible. I also don’t love how he handled young players coming up.

With Columbus main guys drafted, there are probably worse picks than Holland. I wouldn’t trust his drafting with Columbus still drafting high though. But he should just retire imo.

as always one of his biggest problems is how he's loyal to a fault

it took him 4 years in Edmonton to dump Wright when he shouldn't have even brought him with him to Edmonton to continue being his Amateur Scouting Director to begin with given the results in Detroit

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Under Holland the Oilers haven't even managed a division title. They make the second round consistently, but no one is particularly impressed beating the Kings in the first round annually. He also inherited McDavid and Draisaitl. The good is pretty marginal.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He has done some nice things

1. Hyman deal
2. RNH deal
3. Kane trade + deal
4. Bouchard bridge
5. Ekholm deal + extension (think that they extended him)

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse
3. Not getting value for Yamamoto
4. Drafting + Development of Holloway, Borberg, Lavoie, Bourgueult etc

Not as bad as ppl pretend he is, but at his age he should just retire. f*** working

RNH deal is fair for what it is. Yea, he had 104 points last year but other than that hes never hit 70. $5.125m/year is fair for what he brings.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I don't like it as a Jackets fan, but folks are also going overboard here to trash his job in Edmonton. It's been mixed.

Do folks not remember the Oilers club that Ken Holland took over? It was bad. Chiasson, Kassian, and Lucic were in the top six forward scorers. The Oilers currently are a contender.
I don't hate the idea because of what he's done with the Oilers. I hate it because of what he did to the Red Wings.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I don't necessarily blame him for not getting Markstrom or Tanev. Flames were under orders to not trade with Edmonton anyways. But yes he should have fixed the team's 2nd pairing and goaltending by now.
I didn't see this anywhere. Every report at the trade deadline was Calgary would've traded us Tanev if they didn't have to take back Ceci. It was reported Ceci+1st for Tanev.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hockey management is one of the few places that ageism has not yet reached.

I for one hope this is not true. Why would we do this to Columbus? Why?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
as always one of his biggest problems is how he's loyal to a fault

it took him 4 years in Edmonton to dump Wright when he shouldn't have even brought him with him to Edmonton to continue being his Amateur Scouting Director to begin with given the results in Detroit

I somehow missed that Holland brought Wright with him to Edmonton. I shouldn't be surprised but holy hell how do you do that based on his track record in Detroit??

Loyal to a fault for sure.

Abdelkader is probably dusting off his skates after reading the tweets about Holland to CBJ.

Holland in charge of a team in the East?

Yes please!

As long as it's not the Wings, absolutely!

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Hockey management is one of the few places that ageism has not yet reached.

I for one hope this is not true. Why would we do this to Columbus? Why?
I say this as a Jackets fan: if there's one thing you can always count on from the Blue Jackets it's to screw up something obvious. This org will happily bounce from blunder to blunder and then look around all shocked pikachu when oopsies, it was in fact a blunder, why is everyone so mean to us? And then learn nothing, just in time for the next blunder. There was never any hope the next GM wouldn't be some old boys' club hire JD knew in 1980 who he can easily pitch to the humorless, risk-averse-to-a-comical-degree bean-counter in charge since inception, and ownership who could not give less of a shit. People who think the Blue Jackets would ever hire someone like Eric Tulsky or Emilie Castonguay are hilarious.

Why am I fan of this? And I'm the pollyanna of hfcbj, too. Imagine what the negative nancies are saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad