News Article: Ken Daneyko to replace Chico Resch as Color Commentator.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
It's a 2 month old article, but I don't see any threads about it, so this one can stay open. Gotta talk about something in the offseason, right?

NC107*

Does it really matter? We all go to the games or watch on TV or both so we make our own judgements. Chico offered humor with his homer style especially regarding Marty Brodeur and the EATS. This isn't radio, it's TV.

Status Quo*

As someone else said, Don La Greca would be cool. I listened to him do game 1 of the Cup Final on ESPN radio while I was coming home from work. He sounded pretty good, plus he's a Devils fan :laugh:

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I actually don't think it will be that bad. Dano might be rough to listen to but I'm sure we'll get used to him. It really is crazy how far our broadcast will have fallen. Doc and Chico to Cang and Dano. It will definitely be interesting to see how quickly they can cope with the inexperience.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I never really understood how passionate fans could be about the commenting...

I remember being 5 years old and my father watching Monday Night Football at the kitchen table with the sound off...I said, "Dad is there something wrong with the sound"? He said "No, I hate Howard Cosell's voice"

I still don't get it :dunno:

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I don't know how many of you guys have Center Ice/Gamecenter Live but after watching some of the other announcers throughout the league, Steve really doesn't do a bad job compared to them. It's not Doc and Chico but I'm curious to see how Cangialosi/Dano works out.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Don't like Dano?

dealDANO_zpsee052cf3.gif~original

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do like Dano, I really do. I do kinda wish we can get Drew Remenda on board after he was just let go by the Sharks. I really dig Drew.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know how many of you guys have Center Ice/Gamecenter Live but after watching some of the other announcers throughout the league, Steve really doesn't do a bad job compared to them. It's not Doc and Chico but I'm curious to see how Cangialosi/Dano works out.

Yeah we've been spoiled for a long time with the best in Doc and there's a bit of a revisionist history with Chico now that he's gone. People couldn't stand him for the longest time till this year when it was obvious he was ready to leave (he never really bothered me, some of his goofs were funny). I actually wonder who replaces Kenny as the sideline/studio guy.

Anyone's going to suffer in comparison to Doc, just like anyone suffers in comparison to Stevens/Marty as well as Lou once he's gone too.

I wish we had the balls to hire Holik for that job. He would be fired after the first game for being too blunt. :laugh:

That'd be hilarious. Holik with us would be like Keith Hernandez with the Mets, only with broken english and even more feisty.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kind of off topic, but I think Holik would make a good coach. I remember one year when we were floundering around (01-02 his last season with us during his first stint) he always gave interviews after every game and called guys out. Not by name, but you could always tell who he was talking about. We need a player like that now. It's a shame he left us after that season, but we didn't suffer for it.

Not saying I want him to be our coach, I just think he'd make a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad