Injury Report: Kempny out 6-8 Months

Jun 15, 2007
Well that sucks. Same leg as last time do we think?

We need a minute muncher on LD.

Sep 19, 2008
he was a bit hampered after being rushed back in 2019 and lost effectiveness in 2020

Hope we can get IF OVR 95 Kempny again

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Can he be traded to then be put on LTIR or he has to pass his physical? If not, I imagine we stick him on LTIR and gain some cap space at the start of the season.

Regardless, huge blow, I was hoping for him to bounce back if we kept him.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
That’s a hit to Washington’s top 4 on the blue line.

Does this put the Caps into the market for a defenseman or does one of the prospects step up and take the spot vacated by Kempny‘s injury?

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
This makes things simpler for the cap situation this year, but I wonder what happens next season if he tries to return. With Dillon locked up there's no room for him, and dumping his contract coming off a torn achilles probably would cost the Caps a pick.

That’s a hit to Washington’s top 4 on the blue line.

Does this put the Caps into the market for a defenseman or does one of the prospects step up and take the spot vacated by Kempny‘s injury?

The Dillon signing should answer your question. He took Kempny's spot with Carlson last season, so I'd assume he continues in that role.

Reactions: RG3hockey

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He should probably retire his game had already fallen of a cliff with his last injury.
And forfeit two more years and $5m in salary? Not likely.

Shit luck for Kempny. He was looking terrific until he tore his hamstring and it's been a struggle for him every step of the way since then. Hopefully he can heal and make a contribution next year.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Explains a lot about his game last year. Whatever happens, nothing can take away from his stupendous play in the Cup year - just the kind of completely unexpected massive elevation of a player’s game that you have to have in a successful playoff run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad