Confirmed with Link: Kelly McCrimmon Hired As Asst GM

Jun 6, 2016
Yea how much influence will he actually have? Will pushing his players towards Vegas be an issue? I'm sure some will scream collusion.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Eh, it's another set of eyes in the WHL. Are the Hunters getting flack for owning the Knights and being associated with the Loafs? (I don't know, that's why I asked).

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
McCrimmon is staying on as owner of the Wheaties. Anyone else have a bit of concern over this?

I can't think of why it would be a concern, he owns a business. As long as he's not involved in the day to day operations of the Wheat Kings it shouldn't be an issue. I figure it's the same thing as if he owned a doughnut shop or something, he just happens to own a CHL team instead. There's no real conflict of interest on our end, if there's an issue it's going to come from the WHL.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I can't think of why it would be a concern, he owns a business. As long as he's not involved in the day to day operations of the Wheat Kings it shouldn't be an issue. I figure it's the same thing as if he owned a doughnut shop or something, he just happens to own a CHL team instead. There's no real conflict of interest on our end, if there's an issue it's going to come from the WHL.

McCrimmon is a outstanding hire. Has a great eye for young talent. He was interviewed on local sports radio in Winnipeg today. Will continue owning the team and will soon be putting a GM and coach in place. The Wheat Kings are the only game in town (Brandon - 2nd biggest city in Manitoba) and beloved, likely provides him with a nice revenue stream. Kelly has a reputation as being an extremely hard worker and a guy who gets things done. Vegas has moved up to #2 for me behind the Jets. Just don't take someone who hurts too bad in the expansion draft ;)

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
i am excited for this team, theyre going to have a solid foundation from the get go, cant wait to go to vegas to catch a leafs game.. hoping they dont ride on this and charge out the ass.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
McCrimmon is staying on as owner of the Wheaties. Anyone else have a bit of concern over this?

He's been with the team for 15+ years, I'm not surprised. A few NHLers and GMs have ownership in CHL teams so it's not uncommon practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad