Keeper Leagues

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
The keeper league I'm in, we each got to make our own team names up. Then we held a draft picking any NHL drafted players. Pool stats are based on categories. Wins, save %, g.a.a, goals, ***, points, +/-, checking line, best line. 13 guys in the pool so the guy with most wins will get 13 points for that categorie. 2nd most wins will get 12 points and so on for each categorie. We can trade players and draftpicks alike. we copy the yahoo stats into a special, secret excel spreadsheet which formulates and tallies everything for us. Any bidders on the spreadsheet?? ;)

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in taking Washington, again, if someone makes a league. I do like the idea of making up our own team names though.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
NobodyBeatsTheWiz said:
Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in taking Washington, again, if someone makes a league. I do like the idea of making up our own team names though.

instead of drafting a whole team yourself?? :amazed:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
HansonBro said:
instead of drafting a whole team yourself?? :amazed:
Huh? I was talking about simply making up the team names, and then fully drafting each team. For instance, instead of me having the Washington Capitals and drafting a full roster, I could make up, say, the Baltimore Bayhawks, and draft a full team for them.

bcbeavers

May 9, 2006
that would be awesome if someone created one. If someone was to make one then i would be the canucks.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
Ok boys, since there seems to be enough interest here, I figured I should take the initiative and start one of these ups.

I'm learning how to create a message board but have no idea whatsoever how the stats of the players would be kept track of, if he would use yahoo or some other fantasy sight. I know I'm not gonna do each stat manually so we'll have to figure that out. I could use 1, 2 or a few people to help me out here and we can get this thing going together.

The good news is, we have plenty of time until next season so there is no rush. But a heads up I am going to be VERY busy from around the ned of May through the middle of June so I'm going to try and get this thing rolling in the next 2 weeks or so.

Let me know how you guys feel about this, give me some feedback on the idea and if you'd like to help out.

bcbeavers

May 9, 2006
we can use fhl player rankings, which is basically nhl players ranked before the start of this season. i'd be happy to help in the creation of the league.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
I just spent the last hour trying to figure out how those invision free message boards work but I ended up getting so frustrated I gave up.

Does anyone know to start one of thse up for me and I could take it from there.

LosT_PropheT

Apr 21, 2006
Baltimore
NobodyBeatsTheWiz said:
Huh? I was talking about simply making up the team names, and then fully drafting each team. For instance, instead of me having the Washington Capitals and drafting a full roster, I could make up, say, the Baltimore Bayhawks, and draft a full team for them.

I'm actually from Baltimore.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
What kind of league is it? Is there any info at all at this stage? You might be hard pressed to find 29 other managers who sign up a league 'blind', so to speak.

David Draiman

I'm helping someone start up a league and we might have some openings for GMs. I'm not totally sure how the whole Yahoo thing works but I'm fairly sure that it'll be stats based rather than a FHL sim league or whatever so yeah, that would probably be up your alley. It'll have a draft, the whole bit. Anyways, if you're interested, give me a PM or whatever and we'll see if we can't line something up. Oh... my email is [email protected] if you want to email me or talk to me on msn about it, ok?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad