Keeper League (on Fantrax) - looking for 2 more gms draft this monday

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Phion Keneuf & i have created a keeper draft, which I think will be a lot of fun. There are limited spots available, so if you are interested in joining up please pm me ASAP. Once we hit the #of spots available, it's closed - but I will consider a waiting list - or very. very. strongly suggest you get Assistant General Managers, so more people can play.

Here are the Rules So Far:

1: commitment to the league - life is hectic and throws curve-balls, we get that, but you must have some idea of how much time you'll have in the fall/winter months. Please don't sign up (or again please have an ACTIVE AGM), if you can't commit. We work on a 3 strikes and you are out. You will lose your spot.

2: There is a Salary Cap (Phion & I haven't set it up) so all final rosters must be posted with Capgeek

3: You must sign up with a Current or Past NHL team name. If by the time the draft starts I don't recognize your name - you're out).

4: we will be operating by NHL standard rules. this means anything/everything goes as long as it's NHL legal. the only thing the commissioner will veto are illegal trades/illegal drafting. everything else is fair game (ie: if someone rips you off in a trade - that's your loss. Bettman wouldn't undo the trade, nor will I).

5: We are doing two drafts. (1 NHL players, 1 Prospects) - we're shooting for August 18th. I'm not certain if the draft will be NHL style (ie: draft order set in order, vs. serpentine). but whatever the NHL draft is the prospects will be reverse (ie: if you are #1 in the NHL, you're #30 for prospects - to keep it fair).

So - to sign up - msg me with the Heading Want to Join HFKeeper Draft
any and all information after that is private and can't be shared.

there are 18 spots available (but we are willing to go to 20).

The teams taken already are

Toronto Maple Leafs
Anaheim Ducks
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Chicago Blackhawks
Columbus Blue Jackets
Edmonton Oilers
HarrFord Whalers
Los Angeles Kings
New York Rangers
Atlanta Flames
Minnesota North Stars
Quebec Nordiques
Soviet Senators

those are the team names that are gone
again: the team name has to be a current or past NHL team. a little tweaking is fine

So whoever the

Bombuers

are, you have to change your name or you potentially lose your spot.

Last edited:

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I think you should do nhl draft style seeing as you're reversing the order for prospects. This would also cause less confusion when the snake flips around

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Phion is gone for the long weekend, but i think it's just "points" based, goals, assists, hits (and categorized as such). when he gets back i'll hammer that out with him.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Not sure if this is possible or not. I've done one day fantasy drafts for football with a timer for each pick. It is possible if everyone is available for the draft

Also, what are the penalties for going over the cap during the draft? Seems silly to have a cap of 72m and have a team go to 80m just so they can trade players later at a premium to a needy team because nothing exists. I get the argument that teams wouldn't pay the premium, maybe, but if not and they need to drop players to get under, what happens to the players.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure if this is possible or not. I've done one day fantasy drafts for football with a timer for each pick. It is possible if everyone is available for the draft

Also, what are the penalties for going over the cap during the draft? Seems silly to have a cap of 72m and have a team go to 80m just so they can trade players later at a premium to a needy team because nothing exists. I get the argument that teams wouldn't pay the premium, maybe, but if not and they need to drop players to get under, what happens to the players.

we're going to have a Fantasy draft cap - so it won't be be at 72 million dollars. I promise when Phion gets back, we'll hammer out everything so everything is clear as crystal, and not as mud :) but that's a great question, and we'll address it.

Re: the draft - that is out hope. the league we use does have a timer, and the date we'll set will be at a time where most of us should be on and we can just get it done fast (the NHL one at least). the prospects we were thinking would obvs take some more time

:)

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
How is Soviet Senators not a viable name? It is just a play on the Ottawa Senators in any case if that is a problem just change it to Ottawa Senators then.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'll join if its like a yahoo fantasy set up. Each week you play against another person, and however wins the most categories wins that weeks. Categories like goals, assists, PPP, sh%, faceoffs, hits, +/-, sv%, GAA, wins etc.

However if its just whoever ends up with the most points in a year then I'm not interested, those kind of leagues don't fancy me.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
We're all Filled up - but will take a waiting list now, just write your name below if you want to be put on one

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I will be the :cbj in this Keeper League.

I will also be wanting an AGM to help me build this team!

PM me with your interest!

Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad