Post-Game Talk: Keefe Throws Game, Leafs Lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'm not to concerned, Samsonov looks like the better option to start and we have a bunch of guys to get back
You seem to be trying a o convince yourself not to worry.

I dont know all the X's and O's about who's supposed to be covering who and stuff like that.

It's clear this team doesn't either.
Defensive lapses.
Like the second goal last night are quite bad.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It could easily be argued he was the WORST forward last night. Did he generate a single decent chance? Even REAVES generated a few chances...
Not much - five shots, three misses, and a couple of passes that JT failed to bury.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think a Leaf forward went for a change .. McCabe looked confused as to where the coverage went.
Yes - Bert and Domi were deep in the Tampa end when the puck came out, and got off the ice at 8:42 and 8:43. Knies and Robertson got on then and Tampa scored at 8:47. Neither one could get involved in the play.

I have both of their albums. Haven't listened to them in a while....

Reactions: rumman and arso40

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Keefe is an idiot, he made A LOT of stupid decisions, namely ANOTHER coaching penality, and choosing to put himself at a disadvantage by starting his 4th line against TB'ss 1st.

I want the Leafs to go on a big run but if they don't, the silver lining will be Keefe will probably be gone.

Keefe HAS to go, it's time, it's been time since he blew a 3-1 series lead to Montreal.

it's been time since he talked about "respect in the handshake line.

It's been time since that pathetic excuse for a man walked back his comments about the group last season.

He's pathetic

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Keefe is an idiot, he made A LOT of stupid decisions, namely ANOTHER coaching penality, and choosing to put himself at a disadvantage by starting his 4th line against TB'ss 1st.

I want the Leafs to go on a big run but if they don't, the silver lining will be Keefe will probably be gone.

Keefe HAS to go, it's time, it's been time since he blew a 3-1 series lead to Montreal.

it's been time since he talked about "respect in the handshake line.

It's been time since that pathetic excuse for a man walked back his comments about the group last season.

He's pathetic
:laugh: Coaching Penalty.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Keefe is an idiot, he made A LOT of stupid decisions, namely ANOTHER coaching penality,

I agree with you on the coaching penalties.

Think of it this way: my dog bit someone. I didn't have it on a leash. It managed to jump out before I could grab it and bite some poor bastard on the leg.

Whose fault is it?

Is it my fault? Or the dog's fault? And who should be held accountable?

The law says it's my fault.

Yes there will be repercussions for the dog. But ultimately it's my fault the stupid thing bit someone. Any fines and jail time are mine.

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal except one of my other dogs just bit someone last week.

Sound familiar? It should. This whole too many men thing has been a problem Keefe's entire tenure as coach of the Leafs.

At what point do we stop blaming the players and start blaming the irresponsible coach.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Can someone photoshop Keefe's face onto this galaxy brain image ?

1712320339898.png

I think I'll need it for the playoffs.

Reactions: OddyOh

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The Leafs have gone 5 consecutive games without a PP goal against. How can we give Marner credit for this success? Maybe he was coaching them from the stands?l or controlling a forward with a controller?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The coach told too many guys to go on the ice?

This Isn't a one off, I've lost count of how many times it's happened this year alone, I think it's 13 now but I'm not 100% sure.

It's happened enough times where it HAS to be a coaching issue.

It's like the example that @TMLBlueandWhite provided but I'll go a step further, if he's living in my apartment building and his dog bites me, how many times do you think I'm going to allow the dog to bite me before I go "f*** this, this dude has got to go.'

THe answer to that is twice, 2 times, I give him one shot to correct his mistake if he doesn't I try to get him removed from the building.

What do you think happens if his dog bites people 13 times?

At what point is he a shit owner? at what point does he have to go?

Keefe is a piece of shit owner the dog has bit people 13 times this year alone.

He's got to go.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Keefe's idea is to be aggressive all over the ice. I feel they have drastically backed off from that aggressiveness for two seasons now. It essentially coincides with the Leafs improved defensive numbers. I just don't think we have the highest IQ players to be honest.
The problem is there's no strategy to it. Most coaches save their defense activation to specific situations and limit it to specific players who have the talent to pull it off. Keefe basically has them doing it all the time, and he wants everyone on the D to do it no matter what. I doubt either Chicago or Buffalo had McCabe pinching the way he is with us. And I fully expect Keefe to ask Edmundson to pinch. In fact, I suspect a pinch from one of McCabe, Benoit, Edmundson or Boosh to cost us multiple goals this playoff.

Reactions: wingman75

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think this specifically is a coaching issue; I think it's a game management issue. Every NHL team changes on the fly the same way, which happens to make TMM a fantastic penalty when you NEED something called...

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This Isn't a one off, I've lost count of how many times it's happened this year alone, I think it's 13 now but I'm not 100% sure.

It's like the example that @TMLBlueandWhite provided but I'll go a step further, if he's living in my apartment building and his dog bites me, how many times do you think I'm going to allow the dog to bite me before I go "f*** this, this dude has got to go.'

THe answer to that is twice, 2 times, I give him one shot to correct his mistake if he doesn't I try to get him removed from the building.

What do you think happens if his dog bites people 13 times?

At what point is he a shit owner? at what point does he have to go?

Keefe is a piece of shit owner the dog has bit people 13 times this year alone.

He's got to go.
The players aren’t dogs, that’s a pretty ridiculous analogy. :laugh:
Shirley you can see how that doesn’t make any sense or you really don’t understand how players change on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad