Prospect Info: Kasper Bjorkqvist | Winger | Blues Jr. → Providence (HE) | 2nd round, 61st overall

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I like the comparison to Komarov. I don't care if he ever scores a bunch, but if he can be a gritty, physical ****-disturber, I'm all for it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He just doesn't meet our aesthetic.

articles_213517.jpg

Scandinavia.jpeg

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Every time I scroll past that image I worry that he's going to stick his head out of my screen and start telling me about Linux.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting to hear Allvin say he expects Björkqvist to play a bigger role on Finlands WJC squad this year. He played mainly 4th line last year. Anybody expect him to be a top 6 option? Gotta figure Laine and Pulju are in the show next year.

Yep, and Rantanen and Kapanen are too old.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Good to see we actually went from draft interviews to phrenology in order to assess prospects :sarcasm:

Well I think it was the Pens who some years asked a prospect which family member he would leave behind if North Korea were to invade...

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The reports I've read say things like he's good at tipping in shots, he goes to the net, he's good in the corners, he's a bit of an agitator, and he skates well.

Is it just me, or does that sound an awful lot like a faster skating version of Hornqvist, to anyone else?

Even if he never scores as much as Hornqvist, just having another player in the system who plays a similar game is something I have a hard time complaining about.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
The reports I've read say things like he's good at tipping in shots, he goes to the net, he's good in the corners, he's a bit of an agitator, and he skates well.

Is it just me, or does that sound an awful lot like a faster skating version of Hornqvist, to anyone else?

Even if he never scores as much as Hornqvist, just having another player in the system who plays a similar game is something I have a hard time complaining about.

Very good point. Like goalie depth, you can never have too many guys like this. Don't necessarily think this guy will make the team soon, but one area I think the Pens really do need to improve in, is having a physical, agitator type that can actually play hockey on the 4th line. I know, I know, they just won a Cup without one. But even Cup champs have areas to improve in.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
To me, he sounds like his upside is Chris Kunitz. Someone who doesn't have great hands or agility but skates downhill and can knock in second chance goals. I suppose he could also turn into Eric Tangradi. It wouldn't be the worst thing if we just drafted another Kuhnackl. I think his skill set is somewhere around what those guys have, but how good he is obviously remains to be seen.

I would guess that his chances of being a decent bottom six left wing are fairly good, but he could be that Kunitz or Hornqvist type if we're really lucky. I like the pick. He's a nice contrast to the skill set that Daniel Sprong offers.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I thought that too. A bigger version too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad