Karlsson Carrying the Team - Playoff Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I know, I don't agree with you guys 100% so I'm a huge hater right?

You're in every Karlsson thread doing the same thing over and over.

It's pretty great to see all the passion you guys have for Karlsson and the Senators. Welcome aboard to you and frank.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Like how can you ask anybody to be "objective" when you say things like that? He's not better than Crosby. He's not better than McDavid. Sorry, but you're not anything but just plain wrong

He's a D man putting up comparable numbers to those guys. He might be best on planet.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Like how can you ask anybody to be "objective" when you say things like that? He's not better than Crosby. He's not better than McDavid. Sorry, but you're not anything but just plain wrong

This playoffs, yes he is? I'm as unbiased here as you can get and he's definitely more of an impact

keep trying

Jhero

Jun 29, 2007
Dude, Rinne is 8-2 with a .951SV% and a 1.37 GAA. That's better numbers than Tim Thomas in his insane run with the Bruins. You can't be trying to discredit that. IIRC his SV% is at least in top 3 of the last 25 years or something crazy. They showed something about it on CBC.

edit: also his 3a would have made him the Chicago Blackhawks point leader

You can't argue for one minute Rinne is carrying the Preds. They have such a balanced line up with all cylinders firing.

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB

I love McDavid, and I love Crosby (less than McDavid, obviously) but I absolutely think you could make a case for Karlsson being at the top.

I think McDavid's peak is higher, and I think top-form Crosby is better, but damned if EK isn't doing some fantastic work.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I mean it's great for Eugene's pocketbook with the gate sales. But I mean anybody who thinks that New York and Boston are on the same level as Pittsburgh or Washington needs to give their heads a shake

Is there any prediction how much will ottawa benefit financially from three rounds of playoffs?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Dude every person who covers NHL hockey is saying this. Not just Sens fans on HFboards. Like Don Cherry is comparing him to Bobby Orr. Every reporter national and local is saying this. Boston newspapers were comparing him to Bobby Orr.

He is very much in the discussion as the greatest hockey player on the planet. Almost everyone thinks this. Not just Sens fans.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
oddly I don't think EK did anything outstanding this series. I've watched him his whole career and I guess you get spoiled watching him. It's kind of just EK being EK for me. it's just what he does. he's on a bit of a good run points wise but again pretty used to that too.
right but somehow the narrative has changed

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Dude every person who covers NHL hockey is saying this. Not just Sens fans on HFboards. Like Don Cherry is comparing him to Bobby Orr. Every reporter national and local is saying this. Boston newspapers were comparing him to Bobby Orr.

He is very much in the discussion as the greatest hockey player on the planet. Almost everyone thinks this. Not just Sens fans.

Orr said he's a big fan of Karlsson too.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
It's not as pathetic as trying to upsell it to the point of "being one of the greatest of all time". Your insecurity is just astounding at the moment.

Lol, not nearly as astounding as the irony of your comment. Literally every time I click on this thread, it's you complaining about people upselling Karlsson.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

Lol at comparing Orr to Karlsson. Karlsson is in a league of his own and would destroy Orr. He is the best that has ever played the game!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
and what about the shot quality he's faced? Ask hawks fans how much Rinne destroyed their team (he didn't)

ask Blues fans whether or not he's heads above Jake Allen (no he's not)

meanwhile Karlsson is the best player on both teams both series but judging by your post history this doesn't matter

Have I ever called Karlsson bad? Find me a single post where I call him bad? I call him not as good as McDavid and not as good as Crosby. I have also said he's not having one of the greatest playoff runs of all time, just a really good one. I have also said he's not "carrying his team like very few ever have", because Anderson has been incredible.

But apparently I'm a hater because I try to make people come back down to reality

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Have I ever called Karlsson bad? Find me a single post where I call him bad? I call him not as good as McDavid and not as good as Crosby. I have also said he's not having one of the greatest playoff runs of all time, just a really good one. I have also said he's not "carrying his team like very few ever have", because Anderson has been incredible.

But apparently I'm a hater because I try to make people come back down to reality

Okay so not only have you proven yourself to have an agenda against Karlsson in this thread, but you've proven you have not watched much of him either. Anderson has been very mediocre by his standards, and tonight was his best game of the playoffs by far.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Wait... wut? Have you been watching the sens at all? Anderson has been incredible for 2 games total these playoffs.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
This playoffs, yes he is? I'm as unbiased here as you can get and he's definitely more of an impact

keep trying

That's not what is being argued here though. The statement was player, not player this playoffs. I think McDavid and Crosby are better players in general. I think Getzlaf and Malkin and Rinne have been better in the playoffs. Malkin and Rinne are more arguable, but Getzlaf has been a monster

Quantum

Mar 4, 2017
??? Karlsson best player in the world ???

1 - Its only his first ECF
2 - Ottawa is one of the most inconsistent team in the league (leadership ?? ) MTL tries so hard to give you guys 1e this year and you never took it.

People Please...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Anderson has literally been a sieve for 75% of these playoffs :laugh:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

So you are the kinda guy pointing out Usain Bolt didn't break his world record winning a 3rd 100M gold medal?

Or saying sure Lebron is great but he didn't average a triple double.

Or sure Obama is great at making speeches but he is no Winston Churchill.

That kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad