Karlsson Carrying the Team - Playoff Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Reporter asked Guy Boucher after the game to comment on Karlsson's pass on the first goal.

Guy responded by saying that that was a nice play that he's come to expect of Karlsson as he regularly makes these kind of plays so he's kind of numb to it. He also mentioned that the bigger story that doesn't get enough attention since it's not on a highlight reel is how he's as good on the defensive side of the puck as he is on the offensive side of the puck.

He's truly perfect at this stage.

Exactly this to me. He's so great defensively.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I do think there was a fair amount of luck in that pass..let's be honest. He may have even been trying to ice it since Hoffman would've been the first man in and negated that.

If it landed about 3 inches ahead of where it did, it would've bounced right over Hoffman's blade.

But Karlsson is one of the best passers in the history of the NHL, so it just might damn well have been 100% intentional.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I do think there was a fair amount of luck in that pass..let's be honest. He may have even been trying to ice it since Hoffman would've been the first man in and negated that.

If it landed about 3 inches ahead of where it did, it would've bounced right over Hoffman's blade.

But Karlsson is one of the best passers in the history of the NHL, so it just might damn well have been 100% intentional.

You don't ice it at the goalie.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

it was clearly 100% intentional

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
When Karlsson's on he's worth the price of admission. That pass was amazing and I'm glad to see he's rightfully playing like he's the best player in that series.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
Wow what a player.

So envious of Sens, he's like the defensemen version of Patty Kane just so so skilled and cerebral. Hopefully he decides to leave soon, haha.

;)

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The more hate Karlsson gets, the more he proves people wrong.

Keep it up EK! Privilege to watch him play.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I am sorry but Crosby nor McDavid control the game and are as valuable as Erik Karlsson.

What a player. Not in the same way but he is reminding me of Alfie in the 07 run. Except Alfie was 34/35 around then.

As amazing as he is in the regular season.

Olympics. World Juniors. World Cup. Playoffs.

This guy is even better when it matters most.

Wow.

He is on another planet densively. Man.

I.love the hate for the Karlsson passes. Even Nick Kypreos rambled on about it saying how unbelievable it was.

Wow, now this is ridiculous.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Don't poke the bear.

Just enjoy Karlsson without talking about other players because it just brings their fanboys in to duke it out with our fanboys.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I've been a Karlsson hater for years saying he is overrated, but that pass was unreal amazing. Best pass I think I may have ever seen. Behind the back lucky passes are a dime a dozen. Throwing sauce from your own red line to the following blue line is a stupid talent.

There was someone years ago who backhand sauced a pass similar to tonight. May be the only pass I can recall that may be better.

Props to Karlsson. :yo::yo::yo:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've been a Karlsson hater for years saying he is overrated, but that pass was unreal amazing. Best pass I think I may have ever seen. Behind the back lucky passes are a dime a dozen. Throwing sauce from your own red line to the following blue line is a stupid talent.

Props to Karlsson. :yo::yo::yo:

Cheers buddy!

Alfredo Garcia

Jan 10, 2014
Vancouver
Lol best pass in years period. Sour grapes I get it.

Are you talking about the lob pass to Hoffman? If so, this is in fact done over and over again in the NHL. The difference in this one was not only the beauty finish by Hoffman, but the clean, quick way he controlled what would inevitably be a bouncing puck. 99% of the time the guy receiving the pass is unable to coral it cleanly enough to carry on with it. It was a nice Hail Mary pass, but in reality, Hoffman deserves more credit than EK, who, fwiw, I agree is the top Dman in the world right now.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Are you talking about the lob pass to Hoffman? If so, this is in fact done over and over again in the NHL. The difference in this one was not only the beauty finish by Hoffman, but the clean, quick way he controlled what would inevitably be a bouncing puck. 99% of the time the guy receiving the pass is unable to coral it cleanly enough to carry on with it. It was a nice Hail Mary pass, but in reality, Hoffman deserves more credit than EK, who, fwiw, I agree is the top Dman in the world right now.

Kypreos was trying to show how the puck actually landed flat and it was actually Hoffman's stick that caused the initial bobble.

I agree that it was a nice finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad