Who's better?

• Kaprizov

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • Panarin

Votes: 66 62.9%

• Total voters

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Kaprizov pretty easily. Soon to have 3 40 goal seasons and paced for another his rookie year when there were only 56 games on the schedule. Panarin only has 1 40 goal season, this year, and has never even come close in other years. Kap has simply done more with less around him.
On top of that, Kaprizov is 5.5-6 years younger.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Panarin is crazy underrated, in general. But I still voted Kaprizov. The guy does it all by himself.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Bread is obviously more of a playmaker and kaprizov more of a shooter, but bread has 6 80+ point seasons and 4 90+. Kaprizov has 1 over 90 and 2 over 80. bread has played more seasons, so has more data, but his possession numbers are better, and his playoff numbers possession wise are similar over triple the games. Bread also has 3 t10 point seasons to Kaprizov’s one, and Bread is t10 for goals and points right now this season where Kaprizov isn’t really close.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kaprizov pretty easily. Soon to have 3 40 goal seasons and paced for another his rookie year when there were only 56 games on the schedule. Panarin only has 1 40 goal season, this year, and has never even come close in other years. Kap has simply done more with less around him.

With less? Panarin has played with scrubs most of his career with the Rangers 5 on 5. He played a long period of time with Dryden Hunt a few seasons ago.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think they’re both close and among the best wingers in the game. Panarin is obviously having the better year, but it seems like Kaprizov took some time to get going after recovering from injury last year, and I think he was a bit better the two years before this. I just like Kaprizov a bit more.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With less? Panarin has played with scrubs most of his career with the Rangers 5 on 5. He played a long period of time with Dryden Hunt a few seasons ago.
Yeah, this is the first time since he's been with the Rangers that both his linemates aren't complete idiots or Jesper Fast.

Lo and behold, he's on pace for close to a 50-70.

The myth that Panarin is better with grinders is busted.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bread is obviously more of a playmaker and kaprizov more of a shooter, but bread has 6 80+ point seasons and 4 90+. Kaprizov has 1 over 90 and 2 over 80. bread has played more seasons, so has more data, but his possession numbers are better, and his playoff numbers possession wise are similar over triple the games. Bread also has 3 t10 point seasons to Kaprizov’s one, and Bread is t10 for goals and points right now this season where Kaprizov isn’t really close.

What a horrendous way to compare them. Panarin has played 5 more seasons in the NHL, of course he's going to have more 80 point seasons under his belt. And not really close to top 10 this year? He's missed 7 games this year and his P/GP has him at 12th, 0.04 behind 9th.

I don't have any issues with you prefering Panarin, but bffr about it. You don't need to be disingenuous with Kaprizov's numbers to justify taking Panarin.

Reactions: Voight and MuckOG

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
What a horrendous way to compare them. Panarin has played 5 more seasons in the NHL, of course he's going to have more 80 point seasons under his belt. And not really close to top 10 this year? He's missed 7 games this year and his P/GP has him at 12th, 0.04 behind 9th.

I don't have any issues with you prefering Panarin, but bffr about it. You don't need to be disingenuous with Kaprizov's numbers to justify taking Panarin.
Lolwut seriously? Obviously kaprizov is younger, that doesn’t change that bread has a stronger history and a stronger present. They both are about 1/2 of their seasons at 80+ points. You hope players that breakout like kaprizov have careers like bread; most don’t. Panarin is an amazingly reliable guy for a long time now. Kaprizov could be that but lots of guys looked like they could be and were not.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Their career PPG are almost exactly the same (Panarin - 1.15, Kaprizov - 1.17). Kaprizov has more 40 goal seasons than Panarin and is younger. They both have a single 100+ pt season, and my guess is that there are more 100+ pt seasons in Kaprizov's future..

Close, but I'm going with Kaprizov.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Panarin holds franchise records for Columbus and New York Rangers, Kaprizov only for Minnesota :sarcasm:

Their career PPG are almost exactly the same (Panarin - 1.15, Kaprizov - 1.17). Kaprizov has more 40 goal seasons than Panarin and is younger. They both have a single 100+ pt season, and my guess is that there are more 100+ pt seasons in Kaprizov's future..

Kaprizov also has way weaker support group

• Haha
Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Here's how they compare

Kaprizov

Goals: 5, 8
GPG: 7,9
PPG: 9

Panarin

Goals: 6
GPG: 6
PPG: 3, 3, 4, 9

Though Kaprizov has the goalscoring edge, Panarin has been the better point producer by a clear cut margin over the course of multiple seasons.

That being said, the bolded are the stats Panarin had at Kaprizov's current age. And as you can see, Kaprizov was the better goalscorer AND point producer at the same ages.

That doesn't necessarily mean Kaprizov will surpass Panarin just because he was better from the ages of 24-26. But the potential is there.

However, since the question is who is better now. The answer is Panarin.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
They're basically the same player. That rare elite line driving superstar winger. There are only a handful of them...and these are two.

Panarin has had better support lately, in a sense. He's also got the unique power of "split focus" defensively against him. But i think he's still just a little bit better all around than Kaprizov.

Age-wise though...long-term, i take Kaprizov.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
splitting hairs but you obviously take Kap going forward........he's 6 years younger

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Pretty much a push. Kaprizov has shown himself to be a better goal scorer over the past 3 seasons and Panarin has been the better playmaker. Very close now, but moving forward, Kaprizov, for sure.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I feel like we should give Panarin credit for another 100 point season for 2019-20.

95 points in 69 games cut short by Covid.

But Panarin has done most of his production damage at ages that Kaprizov hasn't reached yet, so kind of weird comparison to try and make. If we're just going through the age 26 seasons, it's Kaprizov and not really all that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad