GDT: Kapitols @ Solar>Oil. 10.00pm EST.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
That seems like something you needed to reconcile with yourself.

I saw a guy who had the same blown Achilles twice and frankly the fact that he's still dressing for games is a small win for me. He's not a great player but he's still got some really good veteran touches and has corked off a handful of shots other players on this team wouldn't, which is very moderately important in its own way.
Meh, he's been a waste of a roster spot. Yes it's amazing he's skating at all, but from a player evaluation standpoint, lousy.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I expected more from Patches this year. He hasn’t been horrible, but just not very noticeable either

Kulak went down so easy. Lame
At this point Patches is a black hole in the lineup should be going to a youngling.

I would have definitely trolled Kulak as a diver if I was Oshie right after the blow.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
as somebody who has done it, that was a dive expecting another shot.

In my defense, my "dive" was against a goalie who liked to try to push people's skates around. First time I thought it was n accident, second time I realized he hated traffic, third time I went in there looking to be an obstruction and felt my skate get shoved, so I just ate it. Easy call, don't regret it for a second.

dude here just bellyflopped on half assed crosscheck

Reactions: troyerlaw

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Good screen on that last goal by Edmonton. Caps are generating some chances and just inches away from good bounces but this is kinda what happens to a slower team.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Not sure why the didn't just have Fever play with Jensen to shelter him a bit instead of being on the top pairing.
valid, unless his practice reps were indicating otherwise. trouble is, you practice against the same guys a lot, and in this first game against other guys at NHL speed he's getting blown up a little.

sucks but I have moderate faith in him as a player and anyone can have a bad game, this is a great excuse for one. It's not just adjusting to NHL speed vs practice reps but fast NHL speed tonight.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1710390552907.gif

$23 million is nice. But what's so valuable you can't put a price on it? That's right: my game puck, which I am awarding tonight to Rasmus Sandin who as of this moment holds a 90% xG share tonight.

Honorable mentions go to Dylan Strome and Sonny Milano.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
View attachment 835534

$23 million is nice. But what's so valuable you can't put a price on it? That's right: my game puck, which I am awarding tonight to Rasmus Sandin who as of this moment holds a 90% xG share tonight.

Honorable mentions go to Dylan Strome and Sonny Milano.
Woulda gone with Miro or Malenstyn myself. At least they were going full speed, trying to make something happen

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
What a spectacular time to start a Western road trip with the time change.

We all knew the road trip would be ugly, but give me more Ovy and Miro goals.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I know this game isn't his fault by any means but Kuemper.....is not inspiring confidence.
He's broke right now. It's up to the goalie coach to get your slumping goalie to work on basics and maybe he picks himself up again. Maybe in the offseason the Caps retain some his salary and trade him for another bad contract. I still believe Kuemper can bounce back with a different goalie coach.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
He's broke right now. It's up to the goalie coach to get your slumping goalie to work on basics and maybe he picks himself up again. Maybe in the offseason the Caps retain some his salary and trade him for another bad contract. I still believe Kuemper can bounce back with a different goalie coach.

I'm wondering if the Caps didn't try to shop him and expected too much in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad