Injury Report: Kane (Wrist) Placed on LTIR, Estimate 3-4 Months Recovery

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He figures he could probably play in about 6 weeks. That would be slightly early from the best case scenario mid feb timeline. Sounds like it’s going good for him which is a good sign.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
In reading this article I have come to realize just how horrific this injury was.

When you have a sharp skate with 240 lbs pressure on it then it sounds like the guillotine.

I wonder if Kane will ever be the same player but at the same time I am happy that he will lead a normal life and will not lose the use of his arm.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
In reading this article I have come to realize just how horrific this injury was.

When you have a sharp skate with 240 lbs pressure on it then it sounds like the guillotine.

I wonder if Kane will ever be the same player but at the same time I am happy that he will lead a normal life and will not lose the use of his arm.
I cut my finger tip in June working on my bike, right through the nail. I had to get stitches, it was hanging by the tip and its still numb in the tip. I can't imagine what Kane is feeling. I had to really cut back on my guitar playing, I've been playing again but its weird with a numb fingertip. That was in June. Its crazy. Good luck to Kane in his recovery

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I cut my finger tip in June working on my bike, right through the nail. I had to get stitches, it was hanging by the tip and its still numb in the tip. I can't imagine what Kane is feeling. I had to really cut back on my guitar playing, I've been playing again but its weird with a numb fingertip. That was in June. Its crazy. Good luck to Kane in his recovery
I play some guitar too (probably not at your level--looks like you are a pro--good on you) and I know that even after a mild work out there is a certain soreness when I strum and of course its because the hands and wrists are complex and very sensitive to fatigue. Now imagine holding a hockey stick while 200 pound guys are whacking at you and of course trying to stick handle. That's why I say he may never play at the same level again but hopefully I am wrong. I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see him in the lineup until next Fall.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Having had a few surgeries in my time, I can definitely empathize with some of the things he's going through. He will have some degree of numbness in the area for the rest of his life, that can't be helped. Fortunately, that really has little effect on the rest of it like the strength and dexterity, but it will take time for those to completely come back. When he gets to be 50 and older, then he'll really feel it at times, trust me.:D

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I play some guitar too (probably not at your level--looks like you are a pro--good on you) and I know that even after a mild work out there is a certain soreness when I strum and of course its because the hands and wrists are complex and very sensitive to fatigue. Now imagine holding a hockey stick while 200 pound guys are whacking at you and of course trying to stick handle. That's why I say he may never play at the same level again but hopefully I am wrong. I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see him in the lineup until next Fall.
Believe me, Im no pro. I m just a double income no kids household with few hobbies and I don't drink, so I occasionally have some disposable cash burning holes in my wallet and pockets.

As far as Kane goes, yeah, my initial reaction after we found out the severity of what happened was just hoping for his quality of life over his return to the oilers. I am very happy though that hes been around the team and included in events. Its nice to hear he is skating again.

I'll just add that I was against signing him based on his past, but o'll be damned if he hasn't won me over with his personality, on ice play and community involvement.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Believe me, Im no pro. I m just a double income no kids household with few hobbies and I don't drink, so I occasionally have some disposable cash burning holes in my wallet and pockets.

As far as Kane goes, yeah, my initial reaction after we found out the severity of what happened was just hoping for his quality of life over his return to the oilers. I am very happy though that hes been around the team and included in events. Its nice to hear he is skating again.

I'll just add that I was against signing him based on his past, but o'll be damned if he hasn't won me over with his personality, on ice play and community involvement.
The passage of time, maturity, children, a good woman and a sudden appreciation of life and good fortune can be marvelous instigators for change. For the record, I felt the same as you when it was rumoured he was signing here. Now, he seems like about as solid a citizen as we've ever had on this team. The transformation has been truly amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad