Confirmed with Link: Kane to Detroit

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I mean who knows what an off season of training could do, but as of right now Soderblom is further from regular NHL time than Burgers, Mazur, and possible Danielson as well. I don't see many scenarios where he is up playing with the Wings next year.

Ya seems alot of ppl have written off soderblom. I haven't. I think hes someone who plays better in the nhl with better talent than the American hockey

He wasn't awful a few years back when he was here, gives us a big body we lack.

Think he can get close to the 20 goal mark on a full season. I'd say danielson plays a full ahl season just because we cant have 5-6 rookies at once

This is yzermans doing by overriping everyone longer than need be. We'll have no choice to add 3-5 new kids next season as it is unless we deal some which I wouldnt at this point

Anyways topics on kane so wont be going back and forth a bunch and pissing some ppl off lol

Reactions: Henkka

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hockey players get PR training on what to say in public. That is nothing more than platitudes and very carefully crafted to say nothing. It's possible he didn't even write it, his agent or social media branding department probably did.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Well shit, was fun while it lasted.

1713986729506.jpeg

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Nothing can really be gleamed one way or another from this. It's all gonna be vague until his decision has been made
Show me one instance where a player publicly thanks the team and city on twitter (or any social media) for the year, while being UFA and then resigns. Im holding my breath, wait no i wont or you would have to engrave it on my tombstone. There is 0% chance Kane is a Red Wing next year.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Show me one instance where a player publicly thanks the team and city on twitter (or any social media) for the year, while being UFA and then resigns. Im holding my breath, wait no i wont or you would have to engrave it on my tombstone. There is 0% chance Kane is a Red Wing next year.
So you're telling me the chance he is a Red Wing is between 0% and 100%.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Thanks for the memories... and The work doesn't stop for me to prove I'm still one of the best ....on another team lmao

Think he used us since debrincat was here to test his hip , if experiment fails at least he went out with his buddy

Now he feels good and it's off to win a cup somewhere. I'd be surprised to see him back

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Hockey players get PR training on what to say in public. That is nothing more than platitudes and very carefully crafted to say nothing. It's possible he didn't even write it, his agent or social media branding department probably did.
This may be true, but why even post it if his plans were to stay? To me, it sounds like hes made up his mind in leaving.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't think that message necessarily means he's definitely gone but I do think it means he's definitely gonna go check out what's out there in free agency

maybe he still ends up back here afterwards but I doubt it

Reactions: wings95

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He gone. It was fun while it lasted.

Very likely he's gone. Better to expect that now. Four days ago NHL.com posted a headline that Kane is "unlikely to return to Red Wings." How often does NHL.com throw out an actual hot take that an organization would disagree with?

“It was a great year,” Kane said Thursday. “It was fun to be a Red Wing and in this organization. I’m definitely going to have some memories to last me a lifetime."
Yzerman also sounded like someone reflecting back on Kane’s time in Detroit.
“Patrick was great, wasn’t he?” Yzerman said during his end-of-season press conference Friday. “He’s like a wizard with the puck -- his skill, his sense, his calmness in high-pressure situations and in the danger areas.
“He was great for our team, and I think he brought a lot of what I guess they call swag.”
[...]
“We have four unrestricted free agents up front (forwards Kane, David Perron, Daniel Sprong and Christian Fischer)," Yzerman said, "and we’ve got (defenseman Shayne) Gostisbehere on the back end, plus James Reimer in goal. I told them I have interest in bringing all of them back, but we have some restricted free agents to sign (most notably forward Lucas Raymond and defenseman Moritz Seider, each completing his entry-level contract) and they are going to have a significant impact on our (NHL) salary cap.
“It’s really a puzzle.”
Kane said he's willing to wait and see what the free agent market brings during the offseason.
"Yeah, I mean, you know, obviously, I'm a free agent," he said. "So I'm not under contract, but I'm sure I'll just kind of explore the situation here. Talk to my agent, kind of go over everything and kind of see what makes sense to go to one one way or another.
"It's hard to say right now ... really fully understand the situation, but I guess we'll kind of see what happens. And I'm sure my agency will have those conversations and kind of go from there."

Oct 18, 2006
Very likely he's gone. Better to expect that now. Four days ago NHL.com posted a headline that Kane is "unlikely to return to Red Wings." How often does NHL.com throw out an actual hot take that an organization would disagree with?

“It was a great year,” Kane said Thursday. “It was fun to be a Red Wing and in this organization. I’m definitely going to have some memories to last me a lifetime."
Yzerman also sounded like someone reflecting back on Kane’s time in Detroit.
“Patrick was great, wasn’t he?” Yzerman said during his end-of-season press conference Friday. “He’s like a wizard with the puck -- his skill, his sense, his calmness in high-pressure situations and in the danger areas.
“He was great for our team, and I think he brought a lot of what I guess they call swag.”
[...]
“We have four unrestricted free agents up front (forwards Kane, David Perron, Daniel Sprong and Christian Fischer)," Yzerman said, "and we’ve got (defenseman Shayne) Gostisbehere on the back end, plus James Reimer in goal. I told them I have interest in bringing all of them back, but we have some restricted free agents to sign (most notably forward Lucas Raymond and defenseman Moritz Seider, each completing his entry-level contract) and they are going to have a significant impact on our (NHL) salary cap.
“It’s really a puzzle.”
Kane said he's willing to wait and see what the free agent market brings during the offseason.
"Yeah, I mean, you know, obviously, I'm a free agent," he said. "So I'm not under contract, but I'm sure I'll just kind of explore the situation here. Talk to my agent, kind of go over everything and kind of see what makes sense to go to one one way or another.
"It's hard to say right now ... really fully understand the situation, but I guess we'll kind of see what happens. And I'm sure my agency will have those conversations and kind of go from there."
Reading all that, he is gone. :(

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going home and signing with the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad