Kane legal drama in Buffalo IV (no hearsay, verifiable sources only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seriously? How would I do it as a parent? I would tell my children that some very serious allegations have been made and Kane is being investigated for a very serious crime. There is a chance we are going to have to reevaluate whether or not we want to wear his jersey. Let's just wait and see. Keep it in the closet till we know more.

How hard is that?

That is more than fine if that is how you want to handle it with your kids. I would obviously handle it different. Who ever said it was hard?

I still don't get bashing the people who cheered for him (other that the few idiots that were cheering for stupid reason). The people cheering were clearly fans and trust that he didn't do anything wrong. Nothing wrong with having faith in someone. Just because you don't think it is right doesn't mean it is wrong.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
Seriously? How would I do it as a parent? I would tell my children that some very serious allegations have been made and Kane is being investigated for a very serious crime. There is a chance we are going to have to reevaluate whether or not we want to wear his jersey. Let's just wait and see. Keep it in the closet till we know more.

How hard is that?

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'm curious about this. if parents are already telling their kids to stop wearing Kane peraphenalia without knowing the facts or the resolution to the case aren't you not teaching your kids the innocent until proven guilty principle that our justice system is founded on?

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
That is more than fine if that is how you want to handle it with your kids. I would obviously handle it different. Who ever said it was hard?

I still don't get bashing the people who cheered for him (other that the few idiots that were cheering for stupid reason). The people cheering were clearly fans and trust that he didn't do anything wrong. Nothing wrong with having faith in someone. Just because you don't think it is right doesn't mean it is wrong.

When the poster asked "how would you do it" I figured he was asking because he thought the answer was difficult. I didn't think he was looking to compare parenting notes.

Why bash the people who cheered for him? Because they might be cheering and putting their faith into a rapist. And if they were kids then they were dumb kids and their parents should have a talk with them. Those fans embarrass the entire Hawk fanbase.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'm curious about this. if parents are already telling their kids to stop wearing Kane peraphenalia without knowing the facts or the resolution to the case aren't you not teaching your kids the innocent until proven guilty principle that our justice system is founded on?

Innocent till proven guilty has nothing to do with wearing a jersey and cheering for someone. Patrick Kane is not entitled to my fandom.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why bash the people who cheered for him? Because they might be cheering and putting their faith into rapist. And if they were kids then they were dumb kids and their parents should have a talk with. Those fans embarrass the entire Hawk fanbase.

"might"

They also "might" be putting faith into someone who was wrongfully accused. One is not right and one is not wrong.

Embarrassment for the fan base is attacking visiting fans, screaming racist remarks, etc. Hell having Bobby Hull as an ambassador is more embarrassing than people cheering for Kane at this point. Cheering for a player that they have faith in is not an embarrassment. You have every right not to cheer for Kane but remember that is your personal choice on not some universal standard.

You seem to have already cast judgement on Kane but that is 100% your right.

Last edited:

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
"might"

They also "might" be putting faith into someone who was wrongfully accused. One is not right and one is not wrong.

Embarrassment for the fan base is attacking visiting fans, screaming racist remarks, etc. Cheering for a player that they have faith in is not an embarrassment.

You seem to have already cast judgement on Kane and based on the fact that have been released that is embarrassing when we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty.

But why put your faith in someone who might be a rapist? Where's the value in that? He is not a family member or a friend. He's a professional athlete that you mean nothing to. Why not sit back and wait and see what happens? This athlete worshipping is sad.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
Innocent till proven guilty has nothing to do with wearing a jersey and cheering for someone. Patrick Kane is not entitled to my fandom.

If you're not wearing a jersey because you think he's guilty then innocent until proven guilty has everything to do with it because it clearly isn't being acknowledged.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But why put your faith in someone who might be a rapist? Where's the value in that? He is not a family member or a friend. He's a professional athlete that you mean nothing to. Why not sit back and wait and see what happens? This athlete worshipping is sad.

I personally put faith in him as a human. Him being a Hawk has nothing to do with anything to me. Why would my value to him matter? I have never thought it would and nor do I care. Never have.

While he does have a financial value to me (I am a season ticket holder who sells a majority of my tickets) I don't judge this situation based on that. I base my "judgement" of him based on the facts. The facts so far imply he is innocent.

How am I worshiping him? Oh wait I haven't and people being fans/having a bit of faith in him is not worshiping. It is hilarious that you imply that I am worshiping him because he is an athlete or famous.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
I never said that I think he's guilty. I don't know and neither do you.

If you stop wearing his jersey now I believe you're already either leaning to guilty or believe he's guilty otherwise why stop at all? Stopping to me doesn't signal an open mind or neutral position.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why not put your faith in the accuser/victim (whatever word you want to use)?

Because the facts are showing she appears to be a liar (claiming rape but the kit coming back as no rape). I actually thought this would turn out poorly when the initial reports came out but let's face it the initial reports from Graham and others are looking pretty inaccurate.

Any logic based person's opinion will change as the facts come out.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
If you stop wearing his jersey now I believe you're already either leaning to guilty or believe he's guilty otherwise why stop at all? Stopping to me doesn't signal an open mind or neutral position.

Those are your projections. Actually, I don't have his jersey. I don't wear any athlete jerseys.

I definitely believe it is possible that the allegations are true.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
To be fair most of us don't know either person.

Agreed exactly. That's why I'm waiting for the police reports and test results to be divulged and trying to be skeptical of all media reports because so much of it is filled with agenda and often conflicting.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Why put your faith in a woman you don't know? It goes both ways. I put my faith in innocent until proven guilty using facts/science.

Legally, there is a reason why we have innocent until proven guilty but as a fan and as someone who chooses to wear a jersey or not, to cheer for the player or not, to defend on message boards or not- why assume he is innocent? I'm not saying you should assume he is guilty but wouldn't the best course of action be to sit tight and see what happens? (The answer to that question is yes)

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Best case he did nothing wrong so why does he deserve more applause than anyone else?

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
Those are your projections. Actually, I don't have his jersey. I don't wear any athlete jerseys.

I definitely believe it is possible that the allegations are true.

It depends on the DNA evidence. IF the media reports are true, the rape allegation is becoming less and less believable.

Hawks818

Sep 6, 2015
Chicago
Legally, there is a reason why we have innocent until proven guilty but as a fan and as someone who chooses to wear a jersey or not, to cheer for the player or not, to defend on message boards or not- why assume he is innocent? I'm not saying you should assume he is guilty but wouldn't the best course of action be to sit tight and see what happens? (The answer to that question is yes)

How is continuing to do what you've always done regarding the Hawks evidence that you're not sitting tight and seeing what happens?

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Best case he did nothing wrong so why does he deserve more applause than anyone else?

For arguments sake: Because you think he has been wrongfully accused and you want to cheer him up, show support during a bad time.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
It depends on the DNA evidence. IF the media reports are true, the rape allegation is becoming less and less believable.

I hope it turns that he is innocent. As you can tell by my avatar, I was a fan of his (fandom been put on hold). Actually, earlier this summer I said he was my favorite hockey player ever. But I sure as hell won't be blindly cheering and putting my faith in him when he might be a rapist. If he's guilty I hope he goes to prison. I don't care if he awes me with his stickhandling, his sick passes, and his playmaking.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
How is continuing to do what you've always done regarding the Hawks evidence that you're not sitting tight and seeing what happens?

Geez- you don't ignore the fact that he is being investigated for rape. Do you want to wear a rapist's jersey? I would think not. You had no reason to think that in July. Now you do so you leave it on the hanger till you know more.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
I doubt there's anyone on the planet that would disagree with that. I just have a difficult time reconciling why you would reject your fandom based on the few facts we have now.

I think there are plenty of Hawk fans that want to see Kane on the ice and don't care how it happens or what he did.

I think I wrote that I put my fandom on hold.

And I'm out of this debate. Got work in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad