Kakko vs Lafreniere Revisted; Who do you have more faith in?

Who do you have more faith in?

• Kaapo Kakko

• Alexis Lafreniere

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Go ahead.... explain what "mental" deficiency or ailment you perceive? You must be his psychiatrist I guess?

Immaturity is an emotional issue, not "mental". You are conflating the two.

And ego can be a driving force. Ego can inhibit success, but it is also one of the biggest drivers of success. Many great players thrive on their ego.

Not balancing the emotional with the ego, is a sign of immaturity.
Even Messier was described as being immature and egotistical during his 2nd or 3rd year in the NHL. He was young though. Btw, I know Canucks fans will still say he 's egotistical, albeit for different reasons.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Even Messier was described as being immature and egotistical during his 2nd or 3rd year in the NHL. He was young though. Btw, I know Canucks fans will still say he 's egotistical, albeit for different reasons.

Yup.

I don't think anyone had a bigger ego than Michael Jordan. Maybe Wilt Chamberlain. But they were both mature at least.

ARod is probably a good example, immature and ego for many of his early years.

Reactions: Paul Padovano

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Yup.

I don't think anyone had a bigger ego than Michael Jordan. Maybe Wilt Chamberlain. But they were both mature at least.

It's hard too imagine, but if arguably the greatest leader in hockey history was barked at, and called out for being immature, egotistical, and lacking discipline, who is immune?? Slats was constantly on him for missing busses, flights, showing up at the wrong airport, being late to practice, not giving it is all, etc. Imagine if he came into the league playing here?

Last edited:

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Yup.

They said Wilt Chamberlain began slacking offensively, because he wanted to work on his rebounding which wasn't bad in the first place. He had too out do Russell. I think he was the goat, without a doubt. He just played on some weak teams during a time when the Celtics were anything but...

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
They said Wilt Chamberlain began slacking offensively, because he wanted to work on his rebounding which wasn't bad in the first place. He had too out do Russell. I think he was the goat, without a doubt. He just played on some weak teams during a time when the Celtics were anything but...

For sure. I actually think Wilt was hurt by his era more than helped. If he had played like in the 90s, with a 3 point line, because he could shoot, with the modern halfcourt game etc.. I think he would have been even better. And we wouldn't have only seen the evolution of the modern big man when like Nowitzki and company were coming into the league, because Wilt could literally do everything these guys like Jokic can do, plus he's one of the best defensive centers ever. Like, imagine combining Jokic with I don't know, Shaq basically. People still say Wilt was stronger than Shaq, one of the strongest men ever. Arnold Shwarzanegger lifted weights with him once, this must have been after his NBA career I think, and he was teaching Wilt some specific presses, and when Wilt lifted the same weights and everything with ease, Arnold never again would work out with him because he was embarrassed. And in regard to Shaq, who by far leads all players in career dunks, that would have been Wilt if Wilt had played in an era when dunking was more encouraged and common. Because he did not dunk as often as he would if he were playing today. I think the dude would have averaged a triple double in the modern game easy. He was one of the best athletes, anywhere, ever. Could bring the ball up the court like a point guard.

As good as Jordan was, I honestly think Wilt is kind of like the Babe Ruth of basketball. Sure we can argue if like Mays, DiMaggio or Mantle or Trout, like who else is in the best ever conversation, but Ruth will always be the original standard. And that's pretty much Wilt in my mind, just ahead of Russel and West. Maybe, in hockey comparable to Howe. With Jordan kind of being his Gretzky.

There's a documentary about the old Borscht Belt in the Catskills NY and others about Wilt specifically. I forget the names right now. There's a few actually. But Wilt worked at one of the resorts in the summer, I think as a porter, ran a basketball demo and would play basketball there so he became a celebrity pretty early in his career, hanging with the celebs that would perform or just stay at the resorts up there, and he was a huge draw. When he was pretty young, because obviously back then, a lot of pro athletes needed offseason jobs lol. But yea, he really was a unique "attraction", especially at that time.

Last edited:

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
For sure. I actually think Wilt was hurt by his era more than helped. If he had played like in the 90s, with a 3 point line, because he could shoot, with the modern halfcourt game etc.. I think he would have been even better. And we wouldn't have only seen the evolution of the modern big man when like Nowitzki and company were coming into the league, because Wilt could literally do everything these guys like Jokic can do, plus he's one of the best defensive centers ever. Like, imagine combining Jokic with I don't know, Shaq basically. People still say Wilt was stronger than Shaq, one of the strongest men ever. Arnold Shwarzanegger lifted weights with him once, this must have been after his NBA career I think, and he was teaching Wilt some specific presses, and when Wilt lifted the same weights and everything with ease, Arnold never again would work out with him because he was embarrassed. And in regard to Shaq, who by far leads all players in career dunks, that would have been Wilt if Wilt had played in an era when dunking was more encouraged and common. Because he did not dunk as often as he would if he were playing today. I think the dude would have averaged a triple double in the modern game easy. He was one of the best athletes, anywhere, ever. Could bring the ball up the court like a point guard.

As good as Jordan was, I honestly think Wilt is kind of like the Babe Ruth of basketball. Sure we can argue if like Mays, DiMaggio or Mantle or Trout, like who else is in the best ever conversation, but Ruth will always be the original standard. And that's pretty much Wilt in my mind, just ahead of Russel and West. Maybe, in hockey comparable to Howe. With Jordan kind of being his Gretzky.

There's a documentary about the old Borscht Belt in the Catskills NY and others about Wilt specifically. I forget the names right now. There's a few actually. But Wilt worked at one of the resorts in the summer, I think as a porter, ran a basketball demo and would play basketball there so he became a celebrity pretty early in his career, hanging with the celebs that would perform or just stay at the resorts up there, and he was a huge draw. When he was pretty young, because obviously back then, a lot of pro athletes needed offseason jobs lol. But yea, he really was a unique "attraction", especially at that time.

Yess, I've heard stories. It was like he got bored because he was so much better than others he played with. There's a story he was playing pick up games in the gym where I believe Magic played college ball. I forgot what happened exactly, but I believe Magic called a foul on Wilt, and Wilt thought it was a weak call. Magic was getting cocky, so Wilt told him "that's it, you're done. No more lay ups for you." Anyway that was it. Magic couldn't score another point. Anyway, I'm sorry bro my keyboard is not working right

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021

Yea dude, sorry about that. I wanted to finish the story....I'll get back to it when I can..

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Last edited:

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
How many goals does he have?? 30 30 is a huge step.....he's lucky he can play 55 games a year. ..55 games 10 goals would be my guess. We shall see
Hahaha the kid can’t even legally drink yet, so you’re saying he will only play 55 games a year and score 10 goals a year…..you are out of your mind

Reactions: mottosays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad