Kakko should get loaned. Yay or Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My general feeling is that if you are counting on a guy to play an important role on the team next year, you don't loan them out. There's injury risk and the added mileage that could end up being a big problem in what will likely be a compressed schedule for the 20-21 season.

I'm not talking about someone like Kravtsov, who you hope can come over and make a difference. I mean guys you're expecting on opening night.

I think if we don't see Reunanen loaned out, that indicates we're going to take a long look at him for a spot.

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
My general feeling is that if you are counting on a guy to play an important role on the team next year, you don't loan them out. There's injury risk and the added mileage that could end up being a big problem in what will likely be a compressed schedule for the 20-21 season.

I'm not talking about someone like Kravtsov, who you hope can come over and make a difference. I mean guys you're expecting on opening night.

I think if we don't see Reunanen loaned out, that indicates we're going to take a long look at him for a spot.
I hope Reunanen gets a look
Why makes moves when you can promote from within

Reactions: Leetch3

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
I see everyone's point

I'd still hope he'd be able to skate with capab8 players in workouts and friendly scrimmages maybe

Reactions: bbny

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think him playing some games for TPS is going to affect him in a negative way. He's already working out every day at the moment. It's not like he's resting up sitting at home.

And he's already in Turku so he won't be traveling to other countries/timezones, which was the biggest issue, more so than the games played, that led to him needing a break earlier.

I don't think there's a huge advantage to be had here and there are no real risks. For me, it's okay either way.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That's also assuming the season will be a full 82 games
Have they said it will be full?

I haven't heard anything either way
They have the new TV deal starting. The league is going to do everything it can to fit in the 82 games. Even if it includes more back-to-back’s and the postseason ending in say July/August. It might take 1-2 years to get back to the normal calendar for a hockey season when taking into consideration the offseason for the players. But they need that money from the TV deal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That's also assuming the season will be a full 82 games
Have they said it will be full?

I haven't heard anything either way

that’s what they’re planning for. Unless that changes they can’t send him to Europe.

I also don’t think the nhl wants to get back to an October start date. They’ve wanted a reason to move the calendar and although an awful scenario to have to do so the nhl has felt for some time now that October/November is too busy for sports and they can find a better mark by starting later and going into the summer. I think late November December starts are going to be the new norm.

Reactions: TopShelf86

TopShelf86

Aug 16, 2020
that’s what they’re planning for. Unless that changes they can’t send him to Europe.

I also don’t think the nhl wants to get back to an October start date. They’ve wanted a reason to move the calendar and although an awful scenario to have to do so the nhl has felt for some time now that October/November is too busy for sports and they can find a better mark by starting later and going into the summer. I think late November December starts are going to be the new norm.
Interesting...I didnt know that were looking to push it back.
That'll be weird. Hockey's always started early October

Reactions: CasusBelli

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kakko needs more meaningful playing time on the Rangers. Hopefully he gets it this year.
Yep if I see strome over him on the first pp...just please no.
Let him build some confidence. Otherwise I’m sure he’s gonna play in the top 6 maybe some nights top 9.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Yeah no, the smart thing would be to have him bulk up in the gym and spend the rest of his time resting, these kids need time off to grow, just look at what the time off did to Kotkaniemi, he came back to MTL as their arguably best player this playoffs.

Reactions: Leetch3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad