Recalled/Assigned: Kaiser/Phillips to Rockford; Crevier recalled

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I guess they want to see what they have with Crevier. He’s RFA at the end of the year. Also I’m never opposed to adding size to the backend. Kaiser and Phillips are still young, let them marinate a bit.

Reactions: d rake

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Right move for Kaiser imo. He has flashes but has been struggling lately and he can be more than a warm body taking lumps on a bad team, no harm in letting him get heavy minutes with Rockford for now.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Crevier is a surprise to me. Big guy, only right handed shot in Rockford that isn’t an AHL deal. Kaiser needs some AHL time but feel bad that Phillips got sent with him.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Phillips going down makes no sense. He’s already proven capable of excelling at the AHL level. Needs an extended look in the nhl to see if there’s anything there

And fwiw I still REALLY like Kaiser. He earned his way onto this team in camp but now that he’s starting to drop off a bit some significant AHL time is probably best as he adjusts to pro hockey

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Moves are fine.

But I hope they commit to Kaiser in Rockford. If you're going to send him down, it should be for the season. I don't want to see him given the same treatment that ruined Mitchell's development.

I want a Vlasic-Crevier pairing just for the hilarity of the size.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Phillips going down makes no sense. He’s already proven capable of excelling at the AHL level. Needs an extended look in the nhl to see if there’s anything there

And fwiw I still REALLY like Kaiser. He earned his way onto this team in camp but now that he’s starting to drop off a bit some significant AHL time is probably best as he adjusts to pro hockey
Unfortunately it seems that the FO has already decided there's nothing there with Phillips.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Kaiser needs to work on his reads in Rockford while Phillips needs to improve his first two steps, not quick feet until he gets 'er going.

Reactions: Pertti

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Moves are fine.

But I hope they commit to Kaiser in Rockford. If you're going to send him down, it should be for the season. I don't want to see him given the same treatment that ruined Mitchell's development.

I want a Vlasic-Crevier pairing just for the hilarity of the size.

Mitchell spent an entire year in the AHL after his rookie NHL/Pro year.

Reactions: bwana63 and Giovi

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
EEhEd4UWwAA7fSb

Good for Crevier. Always gotta love a 7th round overager making the big show

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
They have clearly not decided that as he has gotten numerous opportunity while he's still waiver-exempt.
Yeah, but Phillips has never really had an extended look. He comes up as an injury replacement and goes back to Rockford immediately when the injured player returns.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kaiser was due to get moved down, glad it happened. Hope he can excel in Rockford because he was really struggling after the first few weeks of the season.
Phillips should stay up, but I understand bringing Crevier up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad