Prospect Info: Kaiden Guhle Part III (Traded to Oil Kings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If Poehling makes the team out of camp, they can place Hoffman on IR until he's back. On September 25th, they announced that Hoffman will be out 4 weeks. So that would make his return end of October. Placing him on IR opens up a roster spot.

So you run with 13F & 8D.

If they place Hoffman on IR then they cant use him for 7 days. If those 7 days only starts once the reg season begin, then they won't be able to use Hoffman until October 20th.

The week of October 18th is the 4th week of rehab. So Hoffman shouldnt be far from a return. Not a big issue in this case.

But there is the possibility of Hoffman returning early. When Ducharme talked about the Hoffman injury, he said it could be 2 weeks or it could be 4 weeks, but that they are leaning more towards 4 weeks.
If Hoffman can come back early, then you can't put him on IR.

I guess they will need to re-evaluate once we're closer to opening night.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
He sure does seem like the real deal............so he goes back to JR and dominates, and then makes the club next year and takes gentle Ben's spot on D............

He should spend at least ~3 months (probably the whole year IMO) in the AHL next year. If he dominates, then sure, bring him to Mtl. However, I would prefer him to play 25 min a night in the AHL next year, compared to playing 15 min in protected situations in Mtl on the third pairing behind Edmunston and Romanov. Edmunston's contract will be over after next year, so then it will be Romanov-Guhle time on the left side for the next ten years after that.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Pretty sure if he play like against Toronto for the rest of pre-season... He will make the team and play with Savard. After you got Romanov who can play with Chiarot.

Edmundson - Petry.
Guhle - Savard.
Romanov - Chiarot.

Why not?

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Pretty sure if he play like against Toronto for the rest of pre-season... He will make the team and play with Savard. After you got Romanov who can play with Chiarot.

Edmundson - Petry.
Guhle - Savard.
Romanov - Chiarot.

Why not?
Because no one can pass the puck in that team, realistically its better for him to go back, if for nothing else then Contract management. He comes back with (hopefully) better offensive skills and then can step in for Chariot next season

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021

Edmundson - Petry.
Guhle - Savard.
Romanov - Chiarot.

Why not?

I wouldn't. They probably won't either. They said they learned their lesson with KK. He will play junior this year and replace Chiarot next year. We don't need to rush him. We will have to trust Wideman as the 6D for now and hope for the best.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Big fan of Guhle's game. Have been for a while. But I'd prefer if they have him spend 2 more years (1 junior, 1 AHL) to work on his overall game before making the jump. And it's probably more beneficial to get big minutes in league where you can dominate more to gain confidence in the areas that need further developing. I can see Weber coming back next year. So even if chiarot leaves, Habs can easily find a decent bottom pair D to play with Savard.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I wouldn't. They probably won't either. They said they learned their lesson with KK. He will play junior this year and replace Chiarot next year. We don't need to rush him. We will have to trust Wideman as the 6D for now and hope for the best.
KK needed to be sheltered.

If Guhle does NOT need to be sheltered, then he is not going to be hurt by playing a few NHL games. If he shows that he is one of our top 5 D, then he should not go back to Junior.

I suspect however he is not top 5 yet but boy did Romanov look bad twice.

Reactions: Mandala

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really think that Guhle is too good for the juniors. He is already good at passing ability and creating play. That not going affect his offensive potential to play in NHL this year.

It's ok if he is going to WHL this year, but i really want Guhle with that defensive group... Guhle and Romanov with their passing ability and mobility make that defensive group so much better.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
KK needed to be sheltered.

If Guhle does NOT need to be sheltered, then he is not going to be hurt by playing a few NHL games. If he shows that he is one of our top 5 D, then he should not go back to Junior.

I suspect however he is not top 5 yet but boy did Romanov look bad twice.

KK looked good in camp and during his first season, too. This is a very small sample size, and it is best to let him play in juniors for the year. He has had a taste of AHL and NHL action. Let him round out his game some more this year. I am fine with 10 NHL games max.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Even if he look stunning unless he really destroys it , he should go back in the OHL or w/e he's playing right now.

Chariot will be gone next season , Guhle will take his place and if Romanov goes well we will have 2 LHD with puck moving dman alongside Petry

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I wouldn't mind Guhle going back for one more year just to work out any potential kinks he may have from missing most of last season (even though he definitely looks ready, there's no need to rush him)

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Haven't seen him play yet but good to hear he's impressed.

There is no doubt you send him back to junior. Let him be a number 1 defenseman all year. I want our top prospects to be dominant for a stretch of time in their junior leagues before we even think about bringing them up. It did wonders for Suzuki and Caufield to go back a year and be the go to guy. Enough of this trying to develop guys in the NHL.

Reactions: Supersonic

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
There’s zero reason not to give him 5-9 games and then the correct thing is to send him back down. Gives him that huge experience of the actual regular season and travel but also makes him learn and be hungrier when he goes back to juniors and team canada. It’s a win, win.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
If he beats out Niku, Kulak, Wideman and Norlinder the rest of the pre season then I would keep him around for a couple of games. If he plays well those couple of games then give him the nine games. Send him back to the WHL and let him wear a letter for Canada at the World Juniors.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad