Proposal: Kadri to the Hawks

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I was really impressed with him
last season. I think he was one of the hardest players to play against.

What would it take? He seems to have matured and has an edge.

Saad-Toews-Schmaltz
Sharp-Kadri-Kane
Panik-Kero-Hartman
Fortin-Wingels-Tootoo

I like Panik with Toews, but third line needs to be strong.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's a great player on a great contract.

I don't see why the Leafs would move him, and the Blackhawks probably don't have the pieces to get it done.

It would be like Anisimov (to replace the lost center), plus a significant pick, plus a significant prospect....

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
He's a great player on a great contract.

I don't see why the Leafs would move him, and the Blackhawks probably don't have the pieces to get it done.

It would be like Anisimov (to replace the lost center), plus a significant pick, plus a significant prospect....

I can't see the Leafs interested in Anisimov but if they were I would do : Anisimov + Forsling + a 2nd.
Kadri is a younger Kesler.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can't see the Leafs interested in Anisimov but if they were I would do : Anisimov + Forsling + a 2nd.
Kadri is a younger Kesler.

Speaking of players who are hated, Kadri at a young age is already there, and is precisely why it will be very difficult to wrestle him away from the Leafs. He is a much needed cog among the kids in TO and I think they know it quite well.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Would love Kadri. Would be like getting prime Bolland back. But he's not going anywhere. Got a much better chance prying Bozak away from them.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
These "proposals" are funny as we are just fans and dont have actual power. It is exactly like starting a proposal to bring Crosby to Chicago, stupid ha...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
If there's one place on the internet where discussing hypothetical hockey trades the value required to make them has no place, it's on a hockey message board...

Discussions like this happen in bars and on patios around north america, not because of any chance they can make things happen, but because they are fun to think about and discuss.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Leafs will need Kadari to do what Bolland did for the Hawks during the 10 cup run if they are going to max that roster out. Bolland was really good in those playoffs.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'll never forget when he pissed Thornton off at the face off dot and got him to take a slashing penalty before the puck was even dropped. Sums up Jumbo's career in a nutshell, Bolly's too.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He was but he never lived up to his potential except for the 2010 playoff run. His body just let him down in the end.

He was pretty good in the 2011 playoffs too. But that was an injury plagued season, so your point stands. He just couldn't stay healthy enough, and after awhile all the injuries piled up to make him pretty ineffective by the time he left.

But he did leave on a good note. The irony being that by the time game 6 of the SCF rolled around, everybody on both teams were getting more and more beat-up, while Bolland was healthier at that point that he had been all season long, and far more effective as a result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad