Proposal: Kadri for Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Not that I'm necessarily in favor of this move, but you have to consider how much Nylander improves the Blues current and future outlook down the middle. Maybe he's more of a RW right now, but he'd be their best Center prospect for the future by a significant margin. Honestly he could take Lehtera's spot in the Top 6 right now and it'd help tremendously, even if he's not 100% ready for full-time center responsibilities.

It's a big assumption that he projects as a center and would improve the Blues over the next few years over simply keeping Parayko. I'm in favor of any deal that improves the team, but it can't be such a gamble.

Look at the Johansen-Jones trade. Johansen was WAY more proven than Nylander is and absolutely established as a center. Nashville needed a center, but getting that center didn't actually make them better. There's a very real possibility that the Blues acquire their coveted center, but don't get better because of what they have to give up. To add the risk that the player in question is a rookie who plays wing...it's too much to me. At the very least it's too much for me to say, with confidence, "This makes the Blues better." You NEED to be able to say that if you're trading someone like Parayko.

nonfactor

Jan 9, 2017
Baltimore
Kadri continues to be underrated I see.

He is great defensively, great offensively when given the proper linemates, plays a gritty game, and is on a steal of a contract for 5 more years in his prime. Who wouldn't want that type of center on their team?

Parayko seems fair but management/coaching loves Kadri so doubt it gets done.

And leafs fans seem to overrate Kadri......He alone wont get you Parayko.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
St Louis shouldn't be moving Parayko with Shattenkirk likely leaving in the summer.

I'd love to have him on the Leafs but wouldn't want to pay the high price. AND even with a high price i don't think its a move St Louis makes.

Leafs should keep going forward with a slow build. Plenty of time with their team being really young. Hopefully we can draft our own "Parayko" and slot him in the top 4.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Parayko love is weird imo.

Not that young, not that good offensively, not that good defensively, not that good a possession player despite getting soft usage, not even all that consistent a physical presence.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

NO!

FFS can this thread please just die already...

This is what I want to do to this thread

raw

Not that young, not that good offensively, not that good defensively, not that good a possession player despite getting soft usage, not even all that consistent a physical presence.
good, people should stop asking for him then

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
or maybe the blues should capitalize on his trade value while he's still a shiny new (but not that young) toy.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I've been impressed by him every time that I've watched him play Edmonton. He is huge, very strong, has a big time booming shot, shoots right and moves well for a big man.

Kadri is a useful player but he does not return Parayko.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
or maybe the blues should capitalize on his trade value while he's still a shiny new (but not that young) toy.

Sounds like you don't watch him play much. He's huge, mobile, and talented.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

You clearly have no idea.

He's 23. He already puts up elite suppression results. His even-strength scoring is upper echelon among defenseman. He's top-pair defenseman by any measure. He's the real deal.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don't think getting a player Kadri caliber would be capitalizing that's selling low. Capitalizing is getting Draisaitl (not claiming either side should donor makes sense etc) not a top end 3C.

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
St Louis shouldn't be moving Parayko with Shattenkirk likely leaving in the summer.

I'd love to have him on the Leafs but wouldn't want to pay the high price. AND even with a high price i don't think its a move St Louis makes.

Leafs should keep going forward with a slow build. Plenty of time with their team being really young. Hopefully we can draft our own "Parayko" and slot him in the top 4.

I would not trade Parayko but I'm curious how would trading a young stud for another young stud at a different position lead to the Leafs not going forward with a slow build?

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
I would not trade Parayko but I'm curious how would trading a young stud for another young stud at a different position lead to the Leafs not going forward with a slow build?

Leafs shouldn't be moving any of Nylander, Marner or Matthews. They need to add to that core.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

trading 19-20 year olds you have drafted and developed isnt exactly staying the course. leafs need to see what they have with rielly,gardiner,zaitsev,carrick,nielsen and dermott. I think they pick around 10th this year which means they likely can have any dman not named liljegren. Hague,Valimaki and Foote are all having good years

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

I think anime is pretty weird myself, but I think it would probably be less weird if I ever watched it. The same can likely be said for you and the Parayko love. ;)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The same people that underrate Parayko are the same people who underrate Tanev.. Who woulda knew.

I like Tanev...but i would take Parayko 10 times out of 10.

Plus, there are many of us that know the OP is under valuiing Parayko, but we just don't want to deal our good young core....we are early in the rebuild, no need to make a move like that.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

Haha what?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Hes #55....

just incase you've been watching someone else...

anyways,

-Hes 23 which is pretty damn young to me
-has 50 points in his first 119 NHL games as a dman(which is better than a lot of other dmen in same time frame that are considered good offensive dmen)
-on pace for over 200 shot on goal this year(had 165 last year as a rookie dman)
-is a plus 27 in his first season and a half(+- total was extremely better than anyone else on his team last year as a rookie) and has a impressive shot block total
-a very low Giveaway total(I believe only 8 NHL dmen last year that played atleast 50 games had a lower total of giveaways)
-plays HUGE mins ES and is heavily relied on the PP and extremely relied on the PK
-plays huge mins VS top players
.... I could go on and on and on.....

the only thing ill agree on with you is his physical presence. I wish he played more physical. But regarding everything else, IMO you couldn't be more wrong. Its actually completely the opposite

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Lol.....new sales tactic?

We'll capitalize on him by playing him 20+min a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad