Proposal: Kadri for Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You clearly have no idea.

He's 23. He already puts up elite suppression results. His even-strength scoring is upper echelon among defenseman. He's top-pair defenseman by any measure. He's the real deal.

he is 23, true.

but he puts up pretty much team neutral possession, both in generation and suppression, despite soft top4 usage (pietr/bouw are top-10 in toiqoc out of 127 dmen with 500+ minutes, while Parayko ranks 101st)

12pts in 40gms at even strength is solid, but not great, and only half of those are primary points.

Right now he's performing as a decent 2nd pair dman.

but he is big.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So, can we just close this and move on?

Nothing with Kadri as the main piece will work, any worthwhile discussion has long since passed.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Kadri for Parayco is actually pretty even "in a vacuum" value. Maybe the Leafs need to add a bit. But not THAT much.

Parayco is being seriously overvalued by some silly people around here.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri for Parayco is actually pretty even "in a vacuum" value. Maybe the Leafs need to add a bit. But not THAT much.

I politely disagree. Kadri's ceiling is a very good 2 way 2C. Parayko has a ceiling that could reach top pair....which gives him an edge in value.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

No he isnt.

Comments like this i cant really tell if its serious or sarcasm. I assume sarcasm but you just never know with some people

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

"In a vacuum" Parayko had only 12 fewer points than Kadri last year.

I don't know how anyone can look at what both players offer on the ice and come to the conclusion that they are equal in value, or roughly equal. Further to the point, I don't think I've seen one Blues fan do anything other than shoot down Kadri as a starting point for Parayko.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
No he isnt.

Comments like this i cant really tell if its serious or sarcasm. I assume sarcasm but you just never know with some people

It's not sarcasm, but from the numerous threads I've seen him, I don't think it's sincere, either. Pretty sure he just wants to stir things up. The intentional-by-accident misspelling of Parayko is a nice hint at that this time around.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The Blues don't need another #2/3 C. And they certainly aren't giving up one of their best defensemen for him...this proposal is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad