Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
Exactly why I said "kind of". Had Kadri stood up and accepted the challenge, Chara would have knocked him to kingdom come. If Debrusk declines, you pick up your gloves and wait for the next opportunity. There is no penalty for challenging a player to a fight if he refuses to engage. Then again, there might have been with those two clown zebras last night.

You don't ask someone if they want to fight unless it's a staged fight. Debrusk should have expected to stand up for himself after that dirty hit on Marleau. He is a dirty player who won't fight even when asked.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Kadri was sticking up for a teammate but again took it too far and hurt the team
Sad but true.

At least he tried ALL game and put himself in harm's way to win. Having said that, it was stupid and there was NO upside.

As Brian Burke said, take a number and get revenge when no one is looking or in the regular season - just don't something that gets you suspended in the playoffs.

World Wanderer

Feb 6, 2007
What about you go cheer for another team and leave this fan ground... ppl like you don’t deserve to be a fan of the leafs.... kadri has been our best player these two games while other players been bunch of no show except the first game

he's certainly been the best player for the leafs over the last two games, but he just did an incredibly stupid act that cost the leafs any chance to come back and win the game, and possibly take total control of the series. Anyone can still be a fan of the leafs and look at that act and go .. what a stupid freaking act. It's not the first time, when is Kadri going to learn?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So whats everyones guess on the length of the suspension?

I think it should be 1 game, as a repeat offender, maybe 2 or 3. (double the numbers if it were regular season)

In reality, guessing the league goes 10 or 15, they want to pretend to care about player safety and this has a lot of eyeballs.

5. Ensures he doesnt play again this series.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
he's certainly been the best player for the leafs over the last two games, but he just did an incredibly stupid act that cost the leafs any chance to come back and win the game, and possibly take total control of the series. Anyone can still be a fan of the leafs and look at that act and go .. what a stupid freaking act. It's not the first time, when is Kadri going to learn?
I agree, but in his defense...

Kadri is busting his ass. He is getting hit over and over, again, while his teammates and the refs look the other way. 99% of people will eventually blow and say "F-it, I'm getting my pound of flesh!".

Plus, the way he's been left out to dry, maybe he's happy to sit.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
It will be a game. It was sold hard by a dirty player. Yes Kadri should have waited but his team mate just got ran into the Stantion and he was looking to cause a fight. The fact that the hearing is tomorrow is making me think it is ether a huge over reaction or a one or two game at most. Kadri was a beast up until that point kept his cool and lost it on an intent to injury hit by the same player who kneed him and elbowed another team mate.

lol at the people who think we lost a chance at coming back in that game. We had few scoring chances the whole game and it was over at that point. I hope he plays in game 5 and he goats Debrusk into a stupid game changing penalty.

Reactions: Leafling

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Objectively, Marchand has 6 suspensions.

Kadri will now have 5

Both cities have their rats.

Take this in a different direction.

If the Leafs want to have a rat... then they can’t be sending away the Martins of the world.

Kadri will goad and play the antagonist. Which is fine if we are trying to get elite teams off their game and into a street fight.

It’s absolutely stupid when our stars shrink in games like that.

Marchand is effective because a) he can score and b) if trouble starts, the Bruins have always had someone else to finish it

I actually like our chances better without Kadri. Turn the aggression down in Boston and hopefully get this back being a skilled game.

The NHL will be watching this series very closely from now on and any cheap shots will be called out.

It's too bad I was actually warming up to Kadri's strong play, but then he went full-Kadri and ruined it for himself and his teammates.

His actions have put further pressure on management to trade him in the offseason.

All those points you made were valid.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
It will be a game. It was sold hard by a dirty player. Yes Kadri should have waited but his team mate just got ran into the Stantion and he was looking to cause a fight. The fact that the hearing is tomorrow is making me think it is ether a huge over reaction or a one or two game at most. Kadri was a beast up until that point kept his cool and lost it on an intent to injury hit by the same player who kneed him and elbowed another team mate.

lol at the people who think we lost a chance at coming back in that game. We had few scoring chances the whole game and it was over at that point. I hope he plays in game 5 and he goats Debrusk into a stupid game changing penalty.

You think he's getting a game for an in-person hearing? I don't think it will be 5 but i have a hard time seeing under 3.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
No chance it's just one game. Even if it was going to be just one, repeat offender would easily up it by a game or so.

I'll be very surprised if it's only 3 games. I expect more. Boston got exactly what it wanted. From our team, and from our fans, whining and complaining about it and wishing injury on players.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
if kucherov's suspension announcement was the day before their game, the same should apply to us.

the fact that it is occurring on the day of the game is some sort of psychological mind fcuk. i have no doubt the severity of the suspension will/might have an effect on our boys minds when they go up against the bruins tomorrow and the DOPS are probably doing this on purpose.

having a day to digest and adjust to the news of the suspension like the lightning did will make a huge difference.

i seriously hate this league. no fairness at all.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I agree but in his defense...

Kadri is busting his ass. He is getting hit over and over, again, while his teammates and the refs look the other way. 99% of people will eventually blow and say "F-it, I'm getting my pound of flesh!".

Plus, the way he's been left out to dry, maybe he's happy to sit.

This is the 5th there is no defending him unless you want to also defend Marchand who has 6 suspensions.

However, I do agree that if we want to employ an antagonist we need fire power to back it up. Provoking other teams into a physical game plays to our weakness, not strength.

Kadri needs back up and to not feel like he’s doing it all on his own.

His game is not suited to the style Dubas is building. Rat or not.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
The analysis of the knee on knee hit is making the rounds. The league might avoid embarrassment by limiting the suspension. If not, it is time to acquire a disposable enforcer on the team and show the league that selective enforcement is going to have repercussions.

Say what you will about Burke, he wasn't entirely wrong when he said removing enforcers from the game would allow the rats to roam free. And before people jump in and say this and that about hired guns, ask yourselves, do you have confidence in the league to suppress the type of cheap shot antics that go on, especially in the playoffs?

Perhaps carrying an enforcer-type just for the playoffs might be something to look at moving forward. I will say this, if our top 9 is to be an all skill no bite group, then we absolutely need to be tougher on that 4th line or at least a couple of D men willing to muck it up. Even if it's just for the playoffs.

Reactions: ToneDog

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This is the 5th there is no defending him unless you want to also defend Marchand who has 6 suspensions.

However, I do agree that if we want to employ an antagonist we need fire power to back it up. Provoking other teams into a physical game plays to our weakness, not strength.

Kadri needs back up and to not feel like he’s doing it all on his own.

His game is not suited to the style Dubas is building. Rat or not.
I'm just saying that a LOT of players would snap under those circumstances - not just Kadri.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Is DeBrusk actually out ? I know Krug might be. As for the Bs being filled with pieces of ****, other than Bergeron and maybe one or two others, agreed. Last night they reminded me of the 70's version of the Broad Street Bullies.

From what I'm reading, both DeBrusk and Krug will both travel with the team tomorrow and are listed day to day.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What about you go cheer for another team and leave this fan ground... ppl like you don’t deserve to be a fan of the leafs.... kadri has been our best player these two games while other players been bunch of no show except the first game
Being a GOOD fan doesn't mean YOU HAVE to just ACCEPT all the NONSENSE that ONE PLAYER does in ONE GAME. Kadri UNDID all the GOOD he accomplished in the 2 games by putting himself in a position to be REMOVED from this team through suspension.

What Kadri did was SELFISH IMHO. He could have chosen to HOLD HIS TEMPER, and find the right moment to inflict his justice in a legal way without letting the League PUNISH HIM and HIS TEAM.

Relentless, legal checks, would have been more appropriate. It might have inspired DeBrusk to do something stupid to take a suspension. Justice sometimes takes a while to accomplish. Kadri was foolish to appoint himself judge and jury. Now, someone else will the hangman he will now have to face.

Personally, I've had enough of Kadri and his stupid behaviour. He does more to hurt his team than the good he brings. Lowering himself to the goonery displayed by the Bruins was a disgrace. In no way was the refereeing going to look the other way like they did for the Bruins.

Kadri should be ashamed for himself. He should now be a candidate to be traded. His reputation is only going to hurt our Leafs going forward. He needs to start over, on a new team, and restore his reputation there. It will be a very hard job for him to accomplish. It might take some time for the referees to stop looking the other way when he is fouled. He made his bed and now must live with it.

Just because you don't agree with me, or other Leaf fans, doesn't give you the right to tell us to go cheer for another team. I won't tell you to go cheer for the new team where Kadri ends up being a team member. ;)

Reactions: CincoHolio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca