Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Nailed it.

Kadri is done for the series. He's cost his team one of their biggest strengths in the series, and with it, probably the series as a whole.

The previous incidents with Debrusk don't matter. You don't go after someone like that.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say Kadri won’t play again this series. I suspect 3-4 games and I think this thing goes 7. But he’ll miss a large portion of the remaining best of 5 where Leafs have home ice advantage.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I am waiting to see how they come out tomorrow night before I write them off.
ToneDog

WalkingThePlank.jpg

Waiting

Reactions: ToneDog

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
League has no integrity. I and a lot of others have had it and this has been there for years. I hope the league reforms or dies out, it certainly needs restructuring. Canadians are simply doing a wealth transfer to grow the game in the US, we accepted that but if the integrity of the game is lost. Collapse the league. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sure man, there are lots of nut jobs out there. Flat earthers, chemtrailers, anti-vax, moon landing triggers, etc... Lots of conspiracy theories are available for entertainment.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not only would I not get rid of Kadri, I'd take another three players just like him.

At least he ****in cares which is more than can be said for like 80% of the cowards on this team.

sure. because you know. having 4 people who get themselves suspended doing the same damned thing over and over and over again, is so much better than a team of "cowards".
good grief.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Such a shame. Kadri had been one of our best players so far in this series.
I still think we’ll win this series, especially if Krug misses some games.
Kadri will be back for round 2.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
I feel bad for Kadri. I don't even consider what he did stupid. He could've done something much worse. He reminds me of this guy my dad knew who got teased/bullied at work for years to the point he literally went mad. Kadri's obviously not crazy, but when nobody does anything about constant bullshit dirty plays eventually someone will snap. Kadri did. I'm not against this suspension, I'm against it being the only punishment handed out in this case. It's never one person's fault when something like this happens. Never.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Kadri is just a ****ing moron. Another year where he lets the team down. He's done for the series.

Get him out of here this offseason.
Kadri isnt the one I would call a moron. He is staying. Get used to it.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
sure. because you know. having 4 people who get themselves suspended doing the same damned thing over and over and over again, is so much better than a team of "cowards".
good grief.

You're only mad because of the result.

Kadri was head and shoulders the best skater on the ice for us.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
How can we defend Kadri.

All he has to do is skate over to Debrusk and Bury him with punches. Instead he does the stupidest thing possible.

He sees red and stops thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog and Mpasta

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
good grief.
Grow a god damn backbone? Kadri and Muzzin were the only two willing to fight the bullshit antics that Bruins stooped to yesterday. Sure he shouldn't of cross checked, but how much better would this team be if we didn't have someone to defend the cowards like Matthews. Some one has to standup for their team mates. What Kadri did pales in comparison to all the belligerent shit Boston got away, lets not even mention the disgusting and gutless kneeing on Kadri and the hit on Marleau.

Seeing this posting dynamic for crucifying for players for stepping it up physically yet whining all day about how this team is "soft". Can't win with you folk.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
good grief.
Kadri would not need to be playing this style of hockey if we had players who would actually drop the gloves once in a while he could avoid this situation. He is an idiot but he always retaliates for his teammates. He never goes after a player for a dirty hit or tryst to get revenge for himself. This team is built wrong when we need a skilled center to be handling these type of moments. If we do trade kadri, I hope we can appreciate atleast that he was never afraid to step up for his teammates and loved being a leaf. It sucks he couldnt have cross checked him lower, and avoided the head. Matthews, marner, nylander are the type who would see their linemates get run over and simply glide towards the player and pretend to be in a tie up.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Bull ****ing **** a team doesn’t rely on a single player so some other useless piece of **** that just got 11.7 mill need to step up to the plate
lol

Tell us how you really feel

I hope this is just baby's first curse words and not a sad adult

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
If Kadri throws the knee and Debrusk cross checks Kadri in the face, I guarantee the media would be focused on Kadris "terrible knee, undisplined, ect" I am 100% convinced that cross check doesn't even get looked at by the league or even mentioned by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad