Injury Report: K.Miller - Out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He should be #7. We have already Chara, McQuaid and Soderberg who are better than him. He's redundant in the physical department and forces Julien to play Seids-McQuaid which I hate.

If they don't think Bart is a better option, they should give Morrow/Warsofsky/Trotman and chance to see if they fit or We should just find an upgrade and a partner that will fit Seids and sit him unless there is an injury. That

Chara-Hamilton
XXX-Seids
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

Fine but that's different than what you said which was "He is our #7".
They opted to sit Bart for Miller 4/5 games so clearly they felt a little differently.

At least it's a bottom pairing guy who got injured but it will still sting in my opinion.
And I don't find him the least bit redundant in the physical department considering how few hits we're throwing and I think that's where it's going to sting a lot.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
We have plenty of #6/#7 d to take his place. Depth means we have a lot of bottom of the barrel guys. At least we don't have to replace a top-4 d-man! Oh, wait...

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Sucks for Miller, and not to be cruel, but he was playing pretty poorly this season. It's not like Bart of any other replacement would be a huge drop off. If anything, it may improve the level of play back there.

Perhaps it was visions of the Montreal series dancing in my head but I feel the same.He seems lacking in mobility .Actually it is the biggest weakness of our D,a lack of speed and mobility.I am not sure if Bart is the answer but his skill set may help provided he isn't in the top 4.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He should be #7. We have already Chara, McQuaid and Soderberg who are better than him. He's redundant in the physical department and forces Julien to play Seids-McQuaid which I hate.

If they don't think Bart is a better option, they should give Morrow/Warsofsky/Trotman and chance to see if they fit or We should just find an upgrade and a partner that will fit Seids and sit him unless there is an injury. That

Chara-Hamilton
XXX-Seids
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

this is hilarious to me because Boychuk fits right in that slot

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
this is hilarious to me because Boychuk fits right in that slot

He does?

Maybe with a LH d-man that can skate, but I thought that the Sides/JB pairing was a bad one to begin with because of the lack of mobility and they have never really played well as a pair IMO. It's why I wasn't as upset as many to begin with when Boychuk was traded. Unless Sides skates himself back into game form shortly, I'm starting to think they traded the wrong D man, but I understand why they made the deal.

I don't think that Miller or McQ are Top 4 d-men right now and maybe ever, and I didn't like the pairings with two immobile defensive D anyway. Losing Miller hurts the B's depth obviously, but I don't think he was the answer. Either Bart needs to step up and raise his level of play or the B's need to get a guy that can do that. A guy that can move the puck, but is not a defensive liability and makes less than what JB would have going forward.

Easy, right? :laugh:

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
our defense is brutal right now.
wouldnt be surprised to see a couple six packs go up against us in the next couple weeks.

miller even though he wasnt playing great this year, was still a +4
and we lose his physical play.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bart is Tanabe all over again. So so defense, can skate but has no head for the game.

They should have kept Boychuk. It was such an unnecessary move

Still had impressive #'s as a rookie. I do realize that I am in the minority on this board for my feelings on Bart's play. Hopefully we see more plays like his preseason goal this year.

Last edited:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
07-minister.jpg

It's all part of the plan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Unless Sides skates himself back into game form shortly, I'm starting to think they traded the wrong D man, but I understand why they made the deal.

Sigh, I've been thinking this as well. And as much as I'm sure seids will get better as he was out and couldnt even work out for half a year, he never was the beast Johnny was in the playoffs on both sides of the puck. He wasn't even all that good defensively against chicago in his last showing...

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Going to have some faith in Bartkowski.... He's a stand up guy and can learn from his mistakes. Maybe the tool box catches up to the tools with more experience.

this is where I'm going as well. Defensemen are known for taking a long time to develop, not hitting their prime until 27 or so, and yet we expect him to be better than he is already. Personally I've seen him come a long way since he call up days...

I would have traded him and another player before I trade boychuk, but now that we have what we have, I'll err on the side of faith and positivity regarding him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
this is where I'm going as well. Defensemen are known for taking a long time to develop, not hitting their prime until 27 or so, and yet we expect him to be better than he is already. Personally I've seen him come a long way since he call up days...

I would have traded him and another player before I trade boychuk, but now that we have what we have, I'll err on the side of faith and positivity regarding him.

Yeah trading Boychuk will never make sense to me... I would have dealt Bart long before...but he's here so might as well root him on and wish for the best.

He has the tools. Maybe he won't overthink anymore, not sure...

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sigh, I've been thinking this as well. And as much as I'm sure seids will get better as he was out and couldnt even work out for half a year, he never was the beast Johnny was in the playoffs on both sides of the puck. He wasn't even all that good defensively against chicago in his last showing...

With a higher salary, being older and coming off a major injury, Seides was probably a harder sell than Boychuk. Bruins brass also likes the flexibility that Seidenberg brings with his ability to play either side efficiently.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
In every trade, there has to be two sides. It's easy to say, I would have traded this guy or this guy. Problem is you need some one to want said player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of the issues is that even an MRI might not show the extent of the damage. He might sit out for a month or two, show no improvement, and then they decide they need to open him up.

And even then, what they find when they get in there could be worse than expected.

A dislocated shoulder is ****ing devastating.

that is a bad injury if he plans of fighting again.....I'd say Miller wont be fighting much if any even when he gets back, not with that in the back of your mind

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
The salary cap is not just a suggestion.

The Bruins had to comply.

With Krug and Smith Finally Signed, There Was No Reason to Trade Johnny Boychuk

For most of the offseason, the Bruins needed to move a defenseman, and then they didn't. With their head right up against the salary cap ceiling, and without the services of Torey Krug and Reilly Smith, moving one of their many blue liners to free up the necessary dollars to facilitate those deals seemed like the logical play.

But then Peter Chiarelli found another way to re-sign both Krug and Smith.

With training camp and the preseason well under way, Chiarelli was able to get in both players on one-year, $1.4 million deals. The problem was solved, and even with a plethora of defensemen, the need to move a player carrying a larger cap hit was alleviated.

Yet the Bruins went through with that, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad