Player Discussion Justin Schultz

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.

those were pre stu picks lol but yes horrible

yak has to insane of a shot and passing to have not been the #1 i think galchenyuk shoulda gone 2nd overall

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I agree with that list. Morgan Reilly is playing unbelievably this year.

I think Glachenyuk should of went 1st overall last year; but with his injury, that would of been a gutsy call. Those types of calls the Oil always fail at: Riley Nash, Plante, MAP ... etc., etc., etc.

If I was picking I would have taken Galchenyuk 2nd overall, however, I still take Yakupov first.

If yaks was in the OHL this year he would be well over 2 PPG.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Schultz just got knocked out of the #1 point getter spot in the AHL and we're halfway through Dec. Pretty amazing considering it took an elite nhl'er to do it.

OilFury

Nov 17, 2012
schultz steadily gets points tho.. both can have big multi point nights at any given moment could go either way..

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Schultz is still killin it and I am impressed and surprised. When seeing him play for the Badgers, I thought eh, he is pretty good but not amazing. Somehow he keeps producing though. I want to see how he plays in the show though.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Schultz is still killin it and I am impressed and surprised. When seeing him play for the Badgers, I thought eh, he is pretty good but not amazing. Somehow he keeps producing though. I want to see how he plays in the show though.

well good thing that you'll only have to wait until september of 2014 to see it, and possibly not with the Oilers if the NHLPA gets it's way :shakehead

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Justin Schultz After 28 Games:

16-24-40 +14 6pim. 77sog. 1.43ppg 20.8% shooting %

Just missed scoring his 3rd SH goal of the year by a few seconds yesterday.

ES 9-11-20
PP 5-12-17
SH 2-1-3

Leads the league in PP assists
Leads the league in defense scoring
Leads the league in defense goalscoring
Leads the league in defense assists
Leads the league in rookie scoring
Leads the league in rookie goalscoring
Leads the league in rookie assists
Tied for league lead in assists
Tied for league lead in points
3rd in league goals
Tied for 4th in league +/-

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
It's not 100% he will be as steady in the NHL (I think he will be prettttttttay prettttttay good), but I still can't believe we got this guy. Hopefully we see him and Yak in action this year. If not, at least he is getting a lot of confidence for next year.

zeus3007*

well good thing that you'll only have to wait until september of 2014 to see it, and possibly not with the Oilers if the NHLPA gets it's way :shakehead

Why even bother saying things that have no basis of truth when they have nothing to do with the conversation at hand?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Justin Schultz After 28 Games:

16-24-40 +14 6pim. 77sog. 1.43ppg 20.8% shooting %

Just missed scoring his 3rd SH goal of the year by a few seconds yesterday.

ES 9-11-20
PP 5-12-17
SH 2-1-3

Leads the league in PP assists
Leads the league in defense scoring
Leads the league in defense goalscoring
Leads the league in defense assists
Leads the league in rookie scoring
Leads the league in rookie goalscoring
Leads the league in rookie assists
Tied for league lead in assists
Tied for league lead in points
3rd in league goals
Tied for 4th in league +/-

Sounds like the real deal.

Didn't coach Nelson say before the season started that he thinks he will prove the hype he has received?

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Ya I know. I didn't think it'd be so hard to just put him on the Oilers

Yeah...would make sense or even just free agents so we could throw him on the roster. Why take him completely out. Ehhh its okay the season will be back soon, right? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad