Justin Schultz must regret playing for the worst team instead of the best in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbarian*

Funny enough, Karma has hit Justin Schultz pretty hard. How embarrassing it is for him to bail out like that in Anaheim, the best team right now and possible chance at the cup.

Not to mention, there is a good chance that if he stayed with Anaheim, his development would have possibly gone as expected and by now, he could have possibly been one of the better young defender.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Justin is getting paid, and honestly would struggle to make the roster in Anaheim. I'm sure hed like to be winning, but he has been successful with securing his financial security.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He wanted money fast. He might end up regretting his choice later in his career, but who knows at this point. Definitely not a guy who you use as a building block. Also he seems exactly the kind of the player who only plays for money, not the Cup.

Evergreen

If Schultz were Anaheim property, he might not even be playing in the NHL right now. Fowler, Lindholm, Beauchemin, Vatanen, Stoner, and arguably Lovejoy are all better than him.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
did he arrive that way though? Something tells me the environment in Edmonton does that to players

Eakins kinda beat the system that ruined our young players, Kruger knew how to handle the kids. At this point Schultz is just cashing paycheques and racking up the minuses, he started strong. But now he looks like an AHL lifer.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
If Schultz were Anaheim property, he might not even be playing in the NHL right now. Fowler, Lindholm, Beauchemin, Vatanen, Stoner, and arguably Lovejoy are all better than him.

Maybe if he was Anaheim property he'd been developed properly and could have been a serviceable PP quarterback with OK defensive abilities (see Vatanen).

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... He is what it is, a greedy ******* with ZERO heart and interested only in money. I'm glad he didn't sign in Anaheim, wish him all the failures he can get. So far karma is delivering just fine, he must be one of the worst dman in the whole league.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Duck fans certainly have a right to be bitter, but I'll give the kid credit for wanting to go to a downright awful team to try and make it better.

Aceonfire*

Funny enough, Karma has hit Justin Schultz pretty hard. How embarrassing it is for him to bail out like that in Anaheim, the best team right now and possible chance at the cup.

Not to mention, there is a good chance that if he stayed with Anaheim, his development would have possibly gone as expected and by now, he could have possibly been one of the better young defender.

Yah..poor guy. Max ELC, prime playing time that allowed him to reach his bonuses, infinite job security.

:laugh:

Are people seriously still bitter about that?

He is barely a 2nd pairing D on a bad team, get over it.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Duck fans certainly have a right to be bitter, but I'll give the kid credit for wanting to go to a downright awful team to try and make it better.
To be fair he probably read a lot of HFBoards and thought the team was going places

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Maybe if he was Anaheim property he'd been developed properly and could have been a serviceable PP quarterback with OK defensive abilities (see Vatanen).

Having decent coaching makes all the difference in a rebuild so maybe that's what's happened to make things go over the cliff for Schultz in Edmonton. I don't know what the development program is like with the Ducks but maybe life in the Anaheim system may have done him some real good.

But didn't he have some success with Edmonton's AHL team? Maybe Nelson (As long as he's able to survive a few games) can bring him out of whatever he's going through.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Having decent coaching makes all the difference in a rebuild so maybe that's what's happened to make things go over the cliff for Schultz in Edmonton. I don't know what the development program is like with the Ducks but maybe life in the Anaheim system may have done him some real good.

But didn't he have some success with Edmonton's AHL team? Maybe Nelson (As long as he's able to survive a few games) can bring him out of whatever he's going through.

That's an understatement. He had 48pts in 34gp in the AHL.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I doubt he would be playing if he was in Anaheim, so if his plan was to play in the NHL asap... going to Edmonton was probably best choice.

I for one dont miss him.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
That's an understatement. He had 48pts in 34gp in the AHL.

Hmmm. Too bad. Maybe they should have kept him there for a while longer. Even the better prospects need serious development time in the A before trying things out in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad